What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 // Crowd Watch

c_eagle

Juniors
t-ba said:
This is The Warriors third season without finals action in a year when they were docked four points at the start. Melbourne's also roughly three times the size of Auckland, and has failed to produce players as awesome as Ruben the Muss.;-) It's hardly comparable to Melbourne's position at any stage of their existance.

That is one sh*t crowd though...Manly's worst crowd was 1420 in 1997 though:lol:
I remember a really bad crowd against the Gold Coast but I'm sure it was at least double that. Who against?

yakstorm

First Grade
Its a shame cause the match was to be Awen Guttenbeil's testimonal game. You would hope generally for a testimonal that the crowd would inflate a bit....

Brutus

Referee
yakstorm said:
Its a shame cause the match was to be Awen Guttenbeil's testimonal game. You would hope generally for a testimonal that the crowd would inflate a bit....

Guttenbeil is crap though.

yakstorm

First Grade
Eels v Dragons - 19,137
Storm v Tigers - 12,481
Cowboys v Bulldogs - 20,486
Warriors v Sharks - 4,850
Rabbitohs v Panthers - 9,126
Raiders v Broncos - 13,137
Roosters v Knights - 18,124

Total: 97,341
Average: 13,906

mattyg

Bench
Good crowds for eels especially in the rain, cow's and roosters. I think we could get some really big crowds next week.

mattyg

Bench
newy should sell out...dogs and dragons could get as much as 40k...same as broncos and storm if all the fans decide to turn up after there club's "slump". Too bad warriors are playing at home...that will pull the averages down a fair bit

ouwet

Bench
mattyg said:
newy should sell out...dogs and dragons could get as much as 40k...same as broncos and storm if all the fans decide to turn up after there club's "slump". Too bad warriors are playing at home...that will pull the averages down a fair bit

If it was friday night I'd agree... I reckon if we break 30 thousand it would be awesome! Hopefully Dragon supporters turn out in big numbers!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The crowd at Bluetongue was sensational today. 18k-odd and most of them booing the Roosters. I think the message is there for the NRL... CC needs a team :D

Timmah

Staff member
Crowd stats in first post updated with R22 figures. Home averages coming tomorrow when I CBF.

yakstorm

First Grade
Its frustrating that despite some big crowds in there the average is still below the 15K mark. We really need to keep getting above 15K to ensure the crowds for this season aren't far behind those of last.

Still a big positive from this round, and full congradulations much go to the Roosters, if you take a Newcastle game to Bluetongue Central Coast Stadium your guarenteed a crowd of 17K+, which I would bet is double what the Roosters would of had at Aussie.

A few other teams should perhaps look at moving their fixtures north in future years.

nqboy

First Grade
Agreed. Melbourne away games and probably Cowboys away games (particularly if we miss the 8 and head back towards the bad old days) would be a real good start.

nqboy

First Grade
Timmah said:
The crowd at Bluetongue was sensational today. 18k-odd and most of them booing the Roosters.
To be fair, I think that can be explained to a large degree by the number of Knights fans who made the trip down and the number of neutral CC fans who turned up just grateful they finally had a game there. Good on the Roosters for their choice of venue.

Ice777

Bench
IanRitchie said:
Its funny because you don't have a clue.

and lol at the Storm fan getting high and mighty about crowds!

We're averaging more than you blokes. Besides even if we weren't, 4,850 would still be pathetic anyway.

Timmah

Staff member
IMO, Round 23:

NEW v MAN @ EAS 23,500
NZW v NQL @ MSS 6,300
CRO v PAR @ Toyota 14,000
PEN v SYD @ CUASP 8,500
BRI v MEL @ Suncorp 33,000
BUL v STG @ Telstra 35,000
WTI v CAN @ Cbtwn 14,500

Tot: 134,800
Avg: 19,257

We need this round to happen just like that. If you're within ear shot of Suncorp, Campbelltown or Homebush on Sunday, get yourself INSIDE the ground!

Latest posts