What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 // Crowd Watch

ByRd

First Grade
well with the broncos to get about 28-33000 i reckon and the bunnies/dragons to get around 18-20000, and the chooks/raiders about 10-12000, the 120 000 barrier should be broken.

nqboy

First Grade
Round 3 aggregate: 126,129
Round 3 average: 18,018
2006 Aggregate: 409,211
2006 Match Average: 19,485 and change.

That was a big stretch for my mental long division. Skills rusty through long disuse.

JW

Coach
Some dissapointments there, but we're still up on last season by a reasonable margin despite that.

I think I predicted 27,000 or so for the Brisbane crowd, but was hoping for 30,000+. The corresponding games in the past two seasons at Lang Park have drawn 25,000 and 23,000, so it's not too bad I suppose.

The Knights crowds will really give the comp a boost this year though. I think they'll be like the Cowboys this season and draw just on or under capacity for the majority of their home games, which is 25,000 give or take. From memory, they finished last year with an average of 17,500ish.

Overall though, the averages are growing nice and steadily which is a good sign for the game.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Someone said it in another thread though, while we're up at the moment, we haven't had some of the lower-type drawing matches such as Storm home games. We may not be as well off mid-season, but hopefully more tension toward season's end will get us over the line for the third (??) year running...

Looking good for now though.

Timmah

Staff member
Down on last year this week... Maybe a few comments earlier in this thread are true...

Timmah

Staff member
Down on last year this week... Maybe a few comments earlier in this thread are true...

Timmah

Staff member
Just looking over those figures, I think the Roosters excuse for a poor draw against Melbourne is now out the window, I'm surprised Newcastle didn't get more, and the Wollongong faithful don't seem to be as keen in '06.

We're still in front of 2005 on aggregate and average but the gap is closing.

bazza

Immortal
dodge said:

it is pretty meaningless to compare round 4 2005 to round 4 2006 when the games are completely different

Timmah

Staff member
By that token it's meaningless to ever make a comparison... :roll:

nqboy

First Grade
There were a few disappointing crowds on the weekend. WIN, Leichardt (still a good crowd for a Melbourne game though), Steve Rogers Stadium, Canberra could have all done better.

Clear the decks for Friday night. It's going to be a biggie. We'll get this weekend off to a good start.

bazza

Immortal
dodge said:
By that token it's meaningless to ever make a comparison... :roll:

get over it

it is probably more useful to compare the crowds for the same teams last year then the same round if you want to try and draw any conclusions

Timmah

Staff member
No it isn't. Melbourne and Penrith have had no home games to date...