What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 // Crowd Watch

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Ice777 said:
We're averaging more than you blokes. Besides even if we weren't, 4,850 would still be pathetic anyway.

Uh huh. A rare year when you average more than us.

Don't get me wrong, i'm glad to see Olympic Park fuller, but don't hop onto the high horse against the Warriors.

phonetic

Juniors
3 weeks ago I would have said 45k was achievable for the Saints v Cantebury game, but given our performances I think even 35k would be a little optmistic to hope for. Fingers crossed though, I'll be out there in a decent sized group.

ouwet

Bench
phonetic said:
3 weeks ago I would have said 45k was achievable for the Saints v Cantebury game, but given our performances I think even 35k would be a little optmistic to hope for. Fingers crossed though, I'll be out there in a decent sized group.

I'll be there... but yeah i think we will struggle to get 30k (Hope I'm wrong)...

If your a Bulldogs or Dragons supporter and you live in Sydney... Get your arse out to Telstra on sunday and bring family and friends!!!

mattyg

Bench
i have heard a few people saying they are bringing 15-20 people with them on sunday. Im going with 4 others myself. I think alot of people have free tickets. Question is...will they open the nosebleed section if its looking like we will get 40k?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No. Part of the agreement is that they will only utilise the bottom bowls and level 4. Costs them too much otherwise.

mattyg

Bench
lol so if there is say 45k there then they will say ok its a sell out, no more tickets will be sold? I guess it would cost them slightly more, but it would probably be worth it with the amount of money the game would make them. Last year Cowboys vs Eels at Telstra had 49,000 and there were a few people sitting right up the top.

LebaneseForces said:
I'll be there... but yeah i think we will struggle to get 30k (Hope I'm wrong)...

If your a Bulldogs or Dragons supporter and you live in Sydney... Get your arse out to Telstra on sunday and bring family and friends!!!

I would be there but, like many others I know, are running in the City to Surf on Sunday and won't be able to get out.

fanatique

Juniors
phonetic said:

I think you are more or less right. The past two meetings in the stadium have been 33,000 and i suspect between 30 and 35 this time. anything under 30,000 is a flop, anything over 35,000 a success. it would be nice to suppose we could have 40 to 45 but we won't.

t-ba

Post Whore
IanRitchie said:
Uh huh. A rare year when you average more than us.

Don't get me wrong, i'm glad to see Olympic Park fuller, but don't hop onto the high horse against the Warriors.

Bingo. The Warriors averaged 15,700 when they won the minor premiership...the storm are averaging 2/3's of that FFS!

Please note: I'm in no way condoning the warriors sh*thouse crowds. They're awful! But one Sunny day a summer does not make Storm fans!

yakstorm

First Grade
Well it seems 34K have been sold already for the Broncos v Storm match which is very encouraging. That game should go close to 40K now you would think with a walk up crowd and fine weather.

Also good to see out of the 'selling well' tickets for that game, the Gold (most expensive) were first to go. Latest from Ticketek:

goldAlloc. Exhausted maroonAvailable blueAvailable blue unlicLimited seats only whiteAvailable white unlicSingle seats only away team suppAvailable streets comm teamAvailable

Ice777

Bench
What's the story with the licensed/unlicensed thing? Is it just drinking and non drinking sections?

Timmah

Staff member
Thinking ahead to Grand Final Day... what chances a reconfigured Telstra (83,500 capacity since '03) record?

mattyg

Bench
Timmah said:
Thinking ahead to Grand Final Day... what chances a reconfigured Telstra (83,500 capacity since '03) record?

Very good i think. The last 2 years we have got crowds of 82,000 odd. Hopefully everyone with GF tickets turns up this year and it breaks 83,000

ouwet

Bench
On the Kennel they are saying about 25,000 tickets have been sold for this game... And when i rang ticketek they did say ticket sales are really high for this game.

Get Out To The game People... And Enjoy the atmosphere...

ByRd

First Grade
As of yesterday morning, there were about 24000 tickets sold to the dogs/dragons game. Hopefully its a good day with great sunny whether and alot of people turn up from both sets of fans. Dragon fans get out there cause BULLDOG fans are going to be out in force tomorrow. Hopefully there is atleast 30000 there, cant wait for it...BRING IT ON!!!

mattyg

Bench
35-40k for Bulldogs vs Dragons and 45-50k for Broncos vs Storm. Also the Tigers game should come close to selling out so thats almost 100k for 3 games. Awesome if you ask me!

ByRd

First Grade
Broncos/Storm= 42000
Dogs/Saints= 32000
Tigers/Raiders= Capacity (18-19000)

Should be a great day of footy tomorrow, cant wait for it!

Timmah

Staff member
At the same time, people - fill CUA and Toyota tonight. Cronulla and Penrith NEED crowds! Get to the game!