What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 // Crowd Watch

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
f**k me its cold.

So i'm basically apologising early for the crowd in Auckland tonight.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Timmah said:
Thinking ahead to Grand Final Day... what chances a reconfigured Telstra (83,500 capacity since '03) record?

If the dogs are playing I think that the record may be broken.
If its an interstate GF eg Storm v Broncos the crowd will be down.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
TBH it didn't look like that much at Toyota last night. Lots of Eels fans too.

Question Sharks fans... why the fireworks? :lol:

>zuzu<

Juniors
^^

Gold!

The fan numbers have really gone down since last season. Along with it teh quality of football imo.

Paullyboy

Coach
Huge crowd at Lang Park today, it'd be over 35,000 pretty comfortably.

18,000 at Campbelltown too - good day for crowds overall!

yakstorm

First Grade
So we have:
Knights v Sea Eagles @ EnergyAustralia - 25,105
Warriors v Cowboys @ Mt Smart - 5,425
Sharks v Eels @ Toyota - 12,830
Panthers v Roosters @ CUA - 11,704
Broncos v Storm @ Suncorp - 40,159
Bulldogs v Dragons @ Telstra - 31,256
Wests Tigers v Raiders @ Campbelltown - 18,474

Total: 144,953
Average: 20,708

Fantastic round of crowds. Still a bit of a worry how we are struggling to get fans on seats on Saturdays...

mattyg

Bench
89,889 people attended the footy on Sunday! that is outstanding. I honestly thought the Bulldogs crowd was more than 31k. Still very good though. :lol: this round totally stuffs up the NRL's claim that people prefer night games over day games.

yakstorm

First Grade
mattyg said:
89,889 people attended the footy on Sunday! that is outstanding. I honestly thought the Bulldogs crowd was more than 31k. Still very good though. :lol: this round totally stuffs up the NRL's claim that people prefer night games over day games.

I think the NRL needs to get smarter with when and where they hold games. For some teams and some areas, night games do draw better, but others should be days.

Look at Canberra for example, they draw better on a Sunday afternoon, understandable as well cause it gets very cold there, however teams like Melbourne, North Queensland and even Newcastle seems to draw better at night than during the day.

Friday night games do draw very well, seems to be many league fans in Sydney are prepared to go straight from work to the footy, however they seem less inclinded to go to the football and then out on a Saturday night.

mattyg

Bench
Yeah even Bulldogs fans seem to prefer night games over the day games (today excluded). Put teams like Canberra, Manly and Broncos on during the day and the other ones at night.

yakstorm

First Grade
Well we've had now 2,432,599 people at games in season 2006 giving us a crowd average of 15,299 so far for the season.

This time last year 2,603,878 people had attendend games giving us an average of 16,377 at the same time.