What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 // Crowd Watch

Ice777

Bench
Hindyscrack said:
Round 24:
Fri
7:30 Bulldogs v Brisbane @ Telstra Stadium: 25,000
Sat
5:30 Cronulla v Penrith @ Toyota Park: 10,000
7:30 Cowboys v Knights @ Dairy Farmers: 19,500
7:30 Melbourne v NZ @ Olympic Park: 14,000 (always a top drawing game, plus melb on top)
Sun
2:30 Sydney v Parra @ Aussie: 12,00
3:00 Saints v Tigers @ Kogarah: 16,000
3:00 Manly v Souths @ Brookie: 14,000

I agree with that assessment of the Storm v Warriors game. It's always drawn higher than average numbers down here (11,922) and as you said with Storm on top and flying i can't see this weeks crowd being anything under that.

nqboy

First Grade
LebaneseForces said:
I'll be buying tickets for the friday night game today, Will be interesting to see the ticket sales for Canterbury's first Home friday night game since round 2 (If my memory serves me correct).
What will be interesting will be to see whether the Dogs fans behave themselves at a Friday night home game.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
nqboy said:
What will be interesting will be to see whether the Dogs fans behave themselves at a Friday night home game.

I have no doubt they will.

Ice777

Bench
nqboy said:

I can't see there being any trouble. They'd have to be stupid to play up knowing that they pretty much lose any chance of playing night football games in the future. The top teams should be playing on Friday nights and the Dogs are one of those. If the small minority of fans stuff it up for everybody else and lose their right to play night games, then they only have themselves to blame because they've been warned time and time again.

A good punishment for the dickheads would be to lock them up in a room with the 98% of the Bulldogs good supporters for 10 minutes and let them know what they think of the trouble makers. I bet they wouldn't do it again after that ;-)

nqboy

First Grade
Ice777 said:
I can't see there being any trouble. They'd have to be stupid to play up knowing that they pretty much lose any chance of playing night football games in the future. The top teams should be playing on Friday nights and the Dogs are one of those. If the small minority of fans stuff it up for everybody else and lose their right to play night games, then they only have themselves to blame because they've been warned time and time again.
True, but therein lies the trouble. It's not the 98% of mainstream Dogs fans that are the problem, it's the mindless minority that spoil it for the rest. And they don't take any account of consequences, they just whinge about it when they're about to cop them.

ouwet

Bench
I bought 4 tickets today... The ticketek guy in North Sydney said ticket sales are strong for this game... And my pax number of 19994-7 would indicate that his right :D
Bulldog supporters get out to the game!!!!

yakstorm

First Grade
Very encouraging ticket sales so far, especially with only a five day turn around from the Sunday clash.

Hopefully cause of the lack of drama on Sunday most of the Bulldogs fans at that game will all turn up this friday, plus hopefully anyone who wants to catch a blockbuster match also makes the trek out there.

miccle

Bench
Also hope that plenty of Sydney based Bronco fans get out there for this Friday night. The SBBS will be in full voice as per usual, and I know of quite a few bronco supporters travelling south for this one (unfortunately work constraints are keeping me up here).

I really hope there will be a crowd of well over 30K. Great for the Bulldogs, but also great for the game.

phonetic

Juniors
I think they'll get a shandy under 30k to the doggies game. The Sunday afternoon clash's in Sydney should draw well. Hopefully up towards the 15k mark in Melbourne.

I think this will be the highest drawing round of the remaining 3.

yakstorm

First Grade
Bulldogs v Broncos - 26,111

So ideally, we want to keep averaging 16,000 for the last three rounds just to keep our season average above the 15K mark, so we need another 85,889 people to turn up...

Timmah

Staff member
Achievable but unlikely... none of the remaining games look likely to crack 20 :(

mattyg

Bench
decent sized crowd tonight considering we were playing an interstate team. I would have hoped for a few k more but not to worry. Cowboys/Knights should come close to 20k, Storm should get 15k, same goes with Manly and Dragons.

Timmah

Staff member
BTW, Well done to the 4 Brisbane fans who made the trek down :roll:

I can understand that it's difficult to travel in some circumstances, but airfares aren't as expensive these days guys... I dunno I just think it was piss poor.

Oh well. I think we ended up with close to 19k avg for 2006. Good enough.

t-ba

Post Whore
Timmah said:

I can understand that it's difficult to travel in some circumstances, but airfares aren't as expensive these days guys... I dunno I just think it was piss poor.

Oh well. I think we ended up with close to 19k avg for 2006. Good enough.

Easy for someone who lives within 100km of most NRL stadiums to say. It's not cheap when you consider either tickets have to be bought 5 weeks before departure (They're usually not cheap by that time) or accomodation has to be booked for an entire weekend. There's also the fact that the Broncos play 12 games in venues more than 500km from their home city...So which one should they choose?

Timmah

Staff member
There were plenty more last year at the corresponding game... the petrol excuse doesn't rub... there are planes... which in a lot of cases are cheaper.

I dunno... I was just disappointed. miccle said they'd be out in force and you could barely see group of more than 10 or 20.

roosters06

Juniors
Timmah said:

Some of us arent lucky enough to live in Sydney, or close to it, and be able to attend every game - much as we'd like to.

Some of us have other, more important factors in our life - such as work, or uni etc.

Travelling is still expensive - when you add up the cost of airfares/bus fares and accommodation - your looking at a big bill just to see your team play.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Reasonable crowd. And I still think people do think twice before going to a Bulldogs home game.

Timmah

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Reasonable crowd. And I still think people do think twice before going to a Bulldogs home game.

And I think they're stupid if they do.

Apart from what I thought I saw (which I'm now assured was nothing at all, jus a mass exodus of fairweather f**wkits), there hasn't been a crowd problem since Round 2, and I haven't heard in a long time about anyone being scared to come. Our crowds the last two weeks have been indicative of that.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Timmah said:
And I think they're stupid if they do.

Apart from what I thought I saw (which I'm now assured was nothing at all, jus a mass exodus of fairweather f**wkits), there hasn't been a crowd problem since Round 2, and I haven't heard in a long time about anyone being scared to come. Our crowds the last two weeks have been indicative of that.

Look the reality is that it STILL is the case. I know that my brother who is a very passionatel league supporter still won't go to a Dogs home game. I am not saying it is the same for every person but I still think it will be this way for a while. Consider when you play interstate, you try to get many neutral fans to try and attend a footy match becuase it will be a good game. Depends on the person granted, but it will be a factor for probally another 12 months.

Latest posts