What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 // Crowd Watch

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I'd expect the football to get 20k minimum. Blockbuster clash at the Telstra Dome? It'll pull some of the hype noobs that would normally go to Storm games.

Hindyscrack

Bench
lockyno1 said:
One thing soccer, aint football! Secondly how on earth with the last round of the AFL season and the last Storm game should they get any more than 15K Max. The public opinion in Melbourne is that AFL is the sport they love, they will always go and watch that before anything. NRL is their second sport as evidenced by their crowd numbers this year. I am not expecting the soccer to get any more than 15 K.

Firstly soccer has the only real claim to the name football

Saying that league is more popular then soccer in Melbourne is pretty damn crazy... Recent international friendly packs out the MCG and we all saw the thousands in the wee hours at fed square...

Perhaps the Storm might be more popular then the Victory (which i doubt), but i wouldnt say league is more popular then soccer...

Hindyscrack

Bench
lockyno1 said:
LMAO!:lol: Blockbuster in terms of what.....it sure as heck won't be scoring!:lol:

Scoring doesnt make a game more entertaining... Look at AFL, they're is only so much scoring cause you can kick a goal at posts that are so friggen wide that Queen Latifa could fit her ghetto booty in their with room to spare... Not to mention you can kick it as high as you want, no offside, no penalties or major disadvantage for poor ball handling

lockyno1

Post Whore
Hindyscrack said:

Saying that league is more popular then soccer in Melbourne is pretty damn crazy... Recent international friendly packs out the MCG and we all saw the thousands in the wee hours at fed square...

Perhaps the Storm might be more popular then the Victory (which i doubt), but i wouldnt say league is more popular then soccer...

That is a INTERNATIONAL! F..k if you don't sell out a stadium for a international then the sport is really struggling. Especially a month after the world cup. League has got a % increase this year on fans in Melbourne and will continue for many years. Both soccer and league which is a heck more interesting have basically the same crowd numbers. In the coming years I expect soccer to fall and legue to gain a even bigger share of the fans.

IanRitchie said:
I'd expect the football to get 20k minimum. Blockbuster clash at the Telstra Dome? It'll pull some of the hype noobs that would normally go to Storm games.

:crazy:

Scoops will be proud!

:crazy:

lockyno1

Post Whore
IanRitchie said:
f**ks sake Locky, just as i was beginning to think you were less of an idiot.

What mate? Look, honestly we'll have to agree to disagree on this topic. I HATE soccer full stop. Anything to do with soccer just bores me. Lets just agree to disagree ok.:cool:

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
tbh ur wrong on this one locky. soccer is a great game, but the a-league is sh*t. i cant stress that enough, sooner or later the standard will either improve, or the bandwagon element will kick in.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I prefer the A-League. f**k the uncompetitive Premiership or the blurry Italian games.

lockyno1

Post Whore
IanRitchie said:
I prefer the A-League. f**k the uncompetitive Premiership or the blurry Italian games.

I watch one or two soccer games per year and they are ALWAYS the Champions League as at least vaguely you MIGHT see some good goals. However it rarely happens. I find that the chance of watching a quality soccer game is like 1 or 2 in 10 at the most. For a good soccer game there needs to be a minimum of 3 or 4 goals!

Hindyscrack

Bench
lockyno1 said:
That is a INTERNATIONAL! F..k if you don't sell out a stadium for a international then the sport is really struggling. Especially a month after the world cup. League has got a % increase this year on fans in Melbourne and will continue for many years. Both soccer and league which is a heck more interesting have basically the same crowd numbers. In the coming years I expect soccer to fall and legue to gain a even bigger share of the fans.

Yes it was an international, and it was before the World Cup...

If you want to compare apples, lets have a look how many people turn up for the tri-nations?

t-ba

Post Whore
Hindyscrack said:

No it Doesn't...

...Remember that Flogball was the first football code to codify a rules set...unfortunately.

But yes, continue the idiot bashing.

*Paul*

Juniors
The Cambridge rules date from 1848. Plus these rules were trying to standardise different types of football already being played, whereas Australian Rules didn't have a game to make rules on, the rules created the game.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Thats a matter of opinion. I hate sports that are 0-0 draws half the time!:lol:

2006 Telstra Premiership
St George Illawarra 8 Parramatta 1
OKI Jubilee Stadium
Crowd: 9,075
Halftime: 0-0.

So you hate league now do you locky? Farkwit.

Hop back in your limo Robinson Crusoe. :arrow:

Latest posts