What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 // Crowd Watch

Nutzcraw

Juniors
the game starts at 7:30.. wouldn'tit finish at 9:30??

By the time you get to your car it'll be past 9:30?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
finishes 9:15 or thereabouts... either way if i need to fork out i will.

effnic

Bench
Timmah said:
I finish at 5, I'll be jetting in from Terrigal, expecting to be there between 6:30 and 7pm I'd say. I'd say with the crowd this year those sorts of spots would be GORN matty ;-) I'm going to chance my hand at Warringah I think... first three hours free and if I arrive around 6:30 I only have to be gone by 9:30... here's hoping :D
Warringah mall is a damn good idea timmah, they have 3 hour free parking then its cheap as chips from then on. Another good way is to just get there earlier (if its possible) and park at the leagsy they got about 4 levels of parking and its about a 1 min walk.

On another note its was so good to be there on sunday its awesome to have that mid 90s feel back at brooky. GO THE MIGHTY EAGLES.

yakstorm

First Grade
More positive news for this weekend - Over 14,500 tickets have been pre-sold for the Melbourne v Canberra match.

Hopefully this one can get to 20K!

Timmah

Staff member
So we're looking at:

22,000 @ Brookvale (approx)
16,000 @ Canberra
21,000 @ EnergyAus
14,000 @ WIN
21 people (OK, 7,000) @ Mt Smart
9,500 @ Telstra
19,000 @ Parramatta

Total: 108,500
Average: 15,500

Hope Soufs can improve that figure, same with the Waaariors.

skeepe

Immortal
Timmah said:
So we're looking at:

22,000 @ Brookvale (approx)
16,000 @ Canberra
21,000 @ EnergyAus
14,000 @ WIN
21 people (OK, 7,000) @ Mt Smart
9,500 @ Telstra
19,000 @ Parramatta

Total: 108,500
Average: 15,500

Hope Soufs can improve that figure, same with the Waaariors.

Raiders crowd will be a lot higher than 16,000. If 15,000 or so tickets have been sold already (this is by Tuesday afternoon), given the fact that most who are pre-booking don't regularly go and we get a fairly large walk-up crowd, I'm anticipating around 24-25,000.

yakstorm

First Grade
And off Ticketek we have:

Parramatta:
Thornett Stand - Alloc. Exhausted

All other sections have plenty of tickets available, but its a good start.

WIN:
Premium west stand- Single seats only
West stand - end- Single seats only
Gold nth/sth stand- Single seats only
Sth/nth stand ends - Single seats only

So a good start, with just General Admission and Concourse left with more than Single seats only.

Timmah

Staff member
Let's revise that then, with more of my guesses ;-)

22,000 @ Brookvale
23,000 @ Canberra
21,000 @ EnergyAus
16,000 @ WIN
7,000 @ Mt Smart
9,500 @ Telstra
19,500 @ Parramatta

Total: 118,000
Average: 16,857

Timmah

Staff member
Being your last homer, I would've thought there'd be a marketing push? Hope for 10,000...

yakstorm

First Grade
Timmah said:
Being your last homer, I would've thought there'd be a marketing push? Hope for 10,000...

One thing I'll give the Warriors is they know how to attract major match day sponsors even when there is no guarentee of a crowd turning up, with Gillette to sponsor the game, however good luck to them really drawing a big crowd....it is unfortunately a bit of a marketing nightmare...

'Come watch us miss out of the eight by four points...'. I know there will be the farewells for Gutts and Webb, but considering the fans didn't really turn up for the testimonial, I can't see them appearing for this....

Still at least the promising thing is the strong finish by the Warriors this year will mean the crowds will be out in force in 2007. Cleary and the team have shown they are a competitive unit, which will raise the fans hopes.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I'm hoping for some fine weather.

While it doesn't always show on TV because of the crap timing of the weather, the Warriors have had a tough run. It rained all day before the Storm game in Round 1, then i got sunburnt during the game. Some of the worst Auckland weather i've seen before the Manly game, then it fines up. Broncos game, rainy and windy all day. Sharks, some of the worst rain i'd seen at Mt Smart. Cowboys - it was ok during the game, but it rained almost constantly for the whole day and there were some nasty showers during the game.

That testimonial was disgracefully marketed. If i hadn't known about it via th forums and the Warriors web site i wouldn't have even known there was an NRL game on. And as i type this, there is an ad for the A-League on Free To Air Tv.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
broncos_are_the_best said:
ian richard u r crazy on your predictions u say that dragons will be premiers then you say storm will win the comp by 8 points lol

I added the Storm one after i concluded the Dragons weren't winning the competition this year and i entered a competition to pick the GF winner and margin.

Thought i should back my prediction fully.

c_eagle

Juniors
ali said:
Well, Manly doesn't participate in the season ticket deal so you have no chance. Good of them for the good crowds. They'll be raking it in as I'm sure they have the most expensive ticketing in Sydney.
Yes we do.

The Rooster's tickets are the highest in the comp iirc.

Timmah

Staff member
Aussie Stadium is blue f**king murder. $25 for GA, $18 parking... Z-grade food at A+grade prices... it'll be a while before I go back there unless the 'Dogs host a semi there.

yakstorm

First Grade
Latest from Ticketek:

Brookvale Oval:
Category 1: - Allocation Exhausted
Category 2: - Allocation Exhausted
Category 3: - Available

WIN Stadium:

Premium West Stand - Single Seats Only
West Stand - Single Seats Only
Gold Nth / Sth Stand - Single Seats Only
Nth / Sth Stand - Single Seats Only
Gold Concourse - Available
Concourse Ends - Single Seats Only
General Admission - Available

So things are looking good for sell outs at WIN and Brooky so far...

Hopefully the weather stays okay...

Timmah

Staff member
UPDATE:

Brookvale Oval:
Category 1: - Allocation Exhausted
Category 2: - Available
Category 3: - Available

Bastards changed their f**king minds. I wanted Cat 2 seating but obviously they didn't want everyone to have it. What a joke.