What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Confirmed Signings

Nuffs

Bench
SHARKS RE-SIGN THOMPSON FOR THREE YEARS

27.06.06 11:19 Age: 6 min

The Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks have confirmed that Lance Thompson has re-signed with the club for a further three years.
Thompson joined the Sharks at the beginning of the current season and has been amongst his teams’ best forwards in the 11 games he has played to date in 2006.

Now an experienced campaigner with 212 NRL games under his belt, Thompson has also been described by coach Stuart Raper as being a team leader and a major contributor in the Sharks success so far this season.
“From a coach’s point of view, he has given us exactly what we needed this year and I can see him getting better and better the longer he is around,” Raper said. “We lost some good players in the off-season, but rather than Lance just covering for what we lost, he has really added something extra to our side.
“On and off the field Lance has been terrific, his form has been very consistent and he is a real leader. He’s been great for guys like Paul Gallen, Greg Bird, Luke Douglas and Kevin Kingston, in that he has really helped to gel our forward pack together.”
The player himself explained he has enjoyed his time at the Sharks and was looking forward to playing a major role for the Sharks in the years to come.
“I’m really, really happy at the Sharks and pleased that we’ve been able to come to an agreement,” Thompson said. “The Sharks gave me a chance when nobody else would and I’m grateful for that.
“I believe I’ve been playing some good football this year and I’m keen to continue doing that in the Sharks colours.”
In an indication that Thompson still has plenty of offer at the highest level, he was named in the City Origin side earlier in the year and had been rated a potential NSW Origin representative by many good judges.
The new deal will see Thompson remain at the Sharks until the end of the 2009 season.

http://www.sharks.com.au/index.php?id=48&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=279&tx_ttnews[backPid]=2&cHash=dff754fe72

Booyah

Bench
Confirmed - Lance Thompson has re-signed with Cronulla for another 3 years. Fantastic news.

The Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks have confirmed that Lance Thompson has re-signed with the club for a further three years.
Thompson joined the Sharks at the beginning of the current season and has been amongst his teams’ best forwards in the 11 games he has played to date in 2006.

Now an experienced campaigner with 212 NRL games under his belt, Thompson has also been described by coach Stuart Raper as being a team leader and a major contributor in the Sharks success so far this season.
“From a coach’s point of view, he has given us exactly what we needed this year and I can see him getting better and better the longer he is around,” Raper said. “We lost some good players in the off-season, but rather than Lance just covering for what we lost, he has really added something extra to our side.

“On and off the field Lance has been terrific, his form has been very consistent and he is a real leader. He’s been great for guys like Paul Gallen, Greg Bird, Luke Douglas and Kevin Kingston, in that he has really helped to gel our forward pack together.” The player himself explained he has enjoyed his time at the Sharks and was looking forward to playing a major role for the Sharks in the years to come.

“I’m really, really happy at the Sharks and pleased that we’ve been able to come to an agreement,” Thompson said. “The Sharks gave me a chance when nobody else would and I’m grateful for that.
“I believe I’ve been playing some good football this year and I’m keen to continue doing that in the Sharks colours.”

In an indication that Thompson still has plenty of offer at the highest level, he was named in the City Origin side earlier in the year and had been rated a potential NSW Origin representative by many good judges.
The new deal will see Thompson remain at the Sharks until the end of the 2009 season.

Source: Sharks.com

legend

Coach
Much harder for the Dragons to fit Ben Creagh in now having re-signed Sims and Poore and signing Woolford.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Kingytek said:
I'd be more concerned about your position on the current NRL ladder to be worried about who the club signs and doesn't sign.

Do i need to find the tissue box picture for you again?

BWNB

First Grade
i tihnk kingytek is good friends with the Cov so i thats maybe why he is defending him , as he says you gotta look at your team on the ladder before you bag another

BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
i tihnk kingytek is good friends with the Cov so i thats maybe why he is defending him , as he says you gotta look at your team on the ladder before you bag another
where did ian ritchie bag cronulla in that post, their was rumours that he was coming to the warriors, and he is now just re-joicing that he isn't coming.