What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Confirmed Signings

The Tank

Bench
Chris Newton (Canterbury, Bartercard Cup) > Penrith
Wayne Bond (Redcliffe, Queensland Cup) > Penrith
Craig Stapleton (Leigh, Super League) > Penrith

The Tank

Bench
Newton is 6th is leading pointscorers according to nzrl.co.nz

His stats are

Played: 13
Tries: 20

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Penrith are trying to re-build the same way the Eels did, their 2005 is like our 2003 and for 2006 they're signing up any old dud they can get their hands on :lol:

cainen

Juniors
Stapleton is only on a 1 year contract so can be given the flick next year if needed. Penrith have said they're going after a 'marquee' player next year. But then again theyve said alot of things lately..

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Their star centre recruit was Mark O'Halloran, so I can't wait to see this marquee signing they plan to make :lol:

Big Mick

Referee
Parradude_Jay...stick it mate.

O'Halloran is there for depth, he wants to come home, he wont play first grade...at least I don't think he will from what i've heard.

Craig Stapleton is an honest forward who you can rely on, he wont f**k up your team, he'll always work his ass off, but his family is from around Penrith I believe so he just wants to come home and have a crack at possibley having a chance at NRL. He'll be in premier league and having a guy come into your 17 because of injuries who's played over 100 first grade games isn't a bad position to be in.

The other two signings have potential

We've got options for centre now. They may not be stars, but they have potential. Noone really heard of Lewis, Rooney, Wesser, etc until 2003...you don't have to be a marquee signing to be a good player. Bob Blair, Chris Newton, Paul Franze, Mark O'Halloran, Junior Ahio, Michael Jennings, Luke Dyer will all be working their f**king asses off in the offseason because they know there is a jersey up for grabs and the best man possible will win it.

Pantherjim.

Referee
cainen said:
Stapleton is only on a 1 year contract so can be given the flick next year if needed. Penrith have said they're going after a 'marquee' player next year. But then again theyve said alot of things lately..

I only hope that after all these signings we've got enough left in the tank to entice all those off-contract in 2006 to stay on.

Pantherjim.

Big Mick

Referee
Pantherjim. said:
I only hope that after all these signings we've got enough left in the tank to entice all those off-contract in 2006 to stay on.

Pantherjim.

We've still got plenty in the tank next year.

Most of these guys are PL players and wont be included under the cap.

We'll have Presto's money next year on top of the money we've already got this year. We'll be in the market hard again next year if needs be.

Pritchard and Priddis arn't off-contract not untill 2007...the paper is wrong in that regard.

But Swain and Galea...I would expect them to re-sign...hopefully cheaper than what they are on now.

Wesser would stay i'd imagine and who else is off....

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Big Mick © said:
Parradude_Jay...stick it mate.

O'Halloran is there for depth, he wants to come home, he wont play first grade...at least I don't think he will from what i've heard.

Craig Stapleton is an honest forward who you can rely on, he wont f**k up your team, he'll always work his ass off, but his family is from around Penrith I believe so he just wants to come home and have a crack at possibley having a chance at NRL. He'll be in premier league and having a guy come into your 17 because of injuries who's played over 100 first grade games isn't a bad position to be in.

The other two signings have potential

We've got options for centre now. They may not be stars, but they have potential. Noone really heard of Lewis, Rooney, Wesser, etc until 2003...you don't have to be a marquee signing to be a good player. Bob Blair, Chris Newton, Paul Franze, Mark O'Halloran, Junior Ahio, Michael Jennings, Luke Dyer will all be working their f**king asses off in the offseason because they know there is a jersey up for grabs and the best man possible will win it.

You've lost Ross, Crossman, Rogers and replace them with these duds. Depth only matters when you have a good first choice team to get injured!

The Panthers are buggered, Rooney and Lewis won't see the ball for the rest of their careers, Waterhouse isn't a lock and so you'd better be hoping your million dollar halves produce miracles every single week, not that they will have much opportunity to with Joel Clinton and Frank Puletua carrying them foward. Panthers should be favourites for the spoon now, even Souths are looking ALOT better than you guys at the moment.

Big Mick

Referee
Did you know who all of our players were in 2002? You did in 2003 though?

NO

Why! Cause we gave the guys an opportunity and they took it.

Thats what will happen again.

Bryan Norrie is going to be a great prop and will start.

Waterhouse WILL be back in the second row

Crossman, Rogers were useless anyway.

DO u know for a fact that these guys are duds? do you? or do you know f**king nothing and ur just assuming.

Frank Puletua has been one of the most underrated forwards this season, who consistantly makes 10 metres a hit up which is great for a prop.

We'll have speed in the backline and we'll be alot better with a longer pre-season training.

We will not get the spoon next season. I can assure anyone of that.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Big Mick © said:
DO u know for a fact that these guys are duds? do you? or do you know f**king nothing and ur just assuming.

I watch the Super League on Fox and follow it through the internet, so I know what I'm talking about when it comes to the duds you've bought from there. Have you even watched Stapleton? Hard working foward yes, he's also f**king idiot who gives away more penalties a game than hitups he makes. O'Halloran was nothing when he left Australia and is struggling to make the London bench.

As for the other signings, I'm sure Sharks fans will tell you how good Youngquest is, if the Panthers plan on defending him outside Lewis then they're going to have ALOT of trouble :lol: Haven't noticed Norrie since he is in reserve grade so I won't comment on him, and those duds are all you've signed, yeah real premiership material there :roll:. And considering how the Cougars are going in PL it doesn't look like the next Lewis, Rooney or Waterhouse will be arriving anytime soon.

Latest posts