What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Crowd Watch

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
There's a line where it's no longer about that ink... Cronulla are a f**king let down.

The Tigpies have never been that low, they're up with the Dogs. Soufs will even do better on a F**KING MONDAY.

Not only that, fatshark is shooting his mouth off trying to claim Brisbane and Canterbury have dismal figures... teams with two of the best in their areas.

many sydney grounds need a major upgrade to cope with wet weather conditions for the fans , its as simple as that really.

hell even Aussie stadium is terrible in the stands when its raining.

Brookvale
Kogarah
Toyota
Penrith ( on the hills)
campbelltown
Leichardt

all turn into a major joke when you get some decent rain.

its easier said than done but the NRL and the clubs need to start pushing for more funds to drag these grounds into the 21st century.

13K at brookvale was decent considering the weather , but 9k at cronulla was poor 13 or 14K would have got it a pass mark tonight. Two sydney clubs need to do better than that. Clubs really need to start pushing to get their supporters to the sydney away games , more buses or something!

Timmah

Staff member
2006 Cronulla Sharks:
H: 149,859 / 12,488

16,186?

:lol: Going back two years for a fruitful argument doesn't hold.

fatshark

Bench
Not only that, fatshark is shooting his mouth off trying to claim Brisbane and Canterbury have dismal figures...
Ok quote me then goose. I never claimed the Bulldogs had dismal figures. But if you want me to I can factually say that your team moved to the Telstra stadium and it was a dismal failure as too many empty seats looked ridicules.

fatshark

Bench
This would of happened, if it didnt hammer down with rain.
Sat March 12 2005, 7:30PM AEDT GMT+11
Sat: Sharks 20 d. Panthers 14
at Toyota Park, Woolooware, Sydney (NSW)
Crowd: 19,562

fatshark

Bench
Your club's supporters should have a little thing called 'passion' - evidently they are the epitome of 'fairweather' supporters.

Ok lets look at last year. I will get the figures of how many Shark supporters from CSS went to Brisbane. I know for a fact that about hmmm 10 Broncos supporters sat in front of me a few years ago.Hardly "passioate".
Goodnight it was fun.

McCrud

Juniors
fatshark said:
This would of happened, if it didnt hammer down with rain.

A little rain and half your fanbase vanishes..

'Fairweather' - there's no other description for your club's fans.

fatshark

Bench
'Fairweather' - there's no other description for your club's fans.
pot calling the kettle...

A good AfL team and your crowd vanishes. A poor season and your crowd vanishes.
Most teams are the same, except yours is a 1 city team. Doesnt add up.
You never answered my question so I take it Im right. More Shark fans travel up there than yours do to down here. So your wrong.

McCrud

Juniors
fatshark said:
Sharks figures, I dont count last year as we had a poor season and 2005 was average.

Yeah no worries - we'll let you decide which crowd figures should be counted...you always have an excuse for your club's piss-poor crowds don't you?

Poor season...you have never won anything! They've all been poor!

Kick 'em out the comp - let's expand!

McCrud

Juniors
fatshark said:
A good AfL team and your crowd vanishes.
You never answered my question so I take it Im right. More Shark fans travel up there than yours do down here. So your wrong.

The Lions did do pretty good crowds, and have done so since about 2000- but our crowds have been INCREASING for a number of years.

What does travelling have to do with it?

It was your club's HOME MATCH in ROUND ONE and you only got 9K. Pathetic.

Timmah

Staff member
fatshark said:
Sharks figures, I dont count last year as we had a poor season and 2005 was average.

:lol:

Is that an excuse for 40 years of sh*thouse figures? ;-)

Hass

Juniors
The NRL does itself no favours with its unintelligent scheduling.

There are three games in Sydney this weekend.

None are on a Sunday afternoon.

The two games on Saturday were held in the most remote parts of Sydney - the Shire and the Peninsula.

They were put on up against a Waratahs match - lluckily for the NRL, that team's form meant it was less of an issue than usual.

The other game is on a Monday Night which promises to be the best attended of the three. But it's still a gamble with it not known how crowds will react to Monday nights.

A double-header on Saturday night at Telstra Stadium with a match at the SFS on Sunday afternoon would have been a much better way to start the season in it's heartland.

That's not an excuse for last night's poor crowds, it's just sensible thinking.

Cheers.

BrisVegas

Juniors
Hass said:
The NRL does itself no favours with its unintelligent scheduling.

There are three games in Sydney this weekend.

None are on a Sunday afternoon.

The two games on Saturday were held in the most remote parts of Sydney - the Shire and the Peninsula.

They were put on up against a Waratahs match - lluckily for the NRL, that team's form meant it was less of an issue than usual.

The other game is on a Monday Night which promises to be the best attended of the three. But it's still a gamble with it not known how crowds will react to Monday nights.

A double-header on Saturday night at Telstra Stadium with a match at the SFS on Sunday afternoon would have been a much better way to start the season in it's heartland.

That's not an excuse for last night's poor crowds, it's just sensible thinking.

Cheers.

The scheduling for round 1 was partly due to a chance coincidence of events.

Both Grand Finalists to kick off the season on Friday Night being non-Sydney clubs, and the Titans asking for a Sunday afternoon to make their NRL debut.

No excuses next week with the Dragons taking on the Knights at Jubilee and the Panthers facing the Bulldogs at CUA on Friday Night. Then the Rabbitohs playing the Eels on Sunday afternoon at Telstra.

Lowdown

Juniors
Atrocious crowds in Sydney last night - with atrocious conditions.

Again, the lack of resilience in supporters for a few teams is notable. Round 1 - season opener and for Cronulla to cough up 9,000 is absolutely stunning.

Manly faired better, but I'm still stunned by Cronulla. How far away from Penrith is it for fans to travel? Surely 60 minutes would be the maximum length of time? I still can't believe, rain or no rain. If I was Cronulla's administration, I'd be struggling to keep down my breakfast today. Either people their are now fed up with the losing culture, or they hate Ricky Stuart, or something.

I can't explain it...so maybe someone here can.

Latest posts