What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Crowd Watch

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
18k is capacity at Carrara isn't it? No trouble there IMO, given their first game there drew 17.9k.

Brisbane drawing 33? Against Melbourne? AWESOME result.

NQ a bit of a let down compared to previous results but at the same time still a better crowd than anything NSW produced.

Knight87

Juniors
mattyg said:
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx16000.gif - the black area where the key says "unavailable" is what im talking about. Nobody is allowed to purchase tickets there for dogs home games, and thats basically the only part of the lower tier under cover.

Oh ok. So, what about finals games though? Is that area available? What about levels 4 and 5 on that map? (I know level 3 is where all the corporate suites are)

Thats a bit unusual. It says on the Telstra website that of the 83,500 seats, 65,500 are undercover. And someone else here said that 40,000 of those 65,500 are that blacked out area. The blacked out area on that link you just sent doesnt appear to be 40,000 seats at all.

McCrud

Juniors
mattyg said:
33k at the grand final replay...Brisbane drew 40k+ to that last year, shoulda been the same this year being the GF replay

The difference between last year and this year was that last year's fixture was held on a Sunday afternoon (which from what I remember is the Broncos preferred day for matches), whilst the latest fixture was held on a Friday night.

Coupled with a raft of 'Live against the gate' matches at Suncorp on Friday nights, we will probably be one of the few clubs who see a decline in crowds following a Premiership.

Eelectrica

Referee
Can't fit more in at Carrarra the way it is now. I know they have had more in the past, but I don't know how.

I think we'll get around 18000 there every week. Looking at the draw, there is not a game I'm not looking forward to. Should all be well attended.

mattyg

Bench
J T said:
Oh ok. So, what about finals games though? Is that area available? What about levels 4 and 5 on that map? (I know level 3 is where all the corporate suites are)

Thats a bit unusual. It says on the Telstra website that of the 83,500 seats, 65,500 are undercover. And someone else here said that 40,000 of those 65,500 are that blacked out area. The blacked out area on that link you just sent doesnt appear to be 40,000 seats at all.

For finals it would be available if crowds look to be over 20,000 i think. Last year against the Raiders this wasn't the case.

40,000 of those 65,000 seats are on level 4/5/6 right up in the clouds. Them tickets never go for club matches, only for origin and grand finals. The other 25,000 are down the bottom level, where probably about 10-15k of them seats are blacked out. That gives between 10-15k seats undercover that can be used for normal games. When you take into account that heaps of these seats are "X-Seats" and Corporate Boxes, there isn't many at all that are under the roof.

nqboy

First Grade
Dodger said:
Can't deny it this weekend, NSW just didn't care.
Nor did we, by our standards. There was an article in the Sunday Mail. Bruno was saying they're struggling because of home games being live on FNF, the CBD crowds are staying in the bars after work and watching it on TV there. He also mentioned their form and the number of big games at LP this year (Anzac Test + 2 Titans games).

mattyg

Bench
this is my estimation (the yellow line) where the roof covers of the seats. If you think i'm exaggerating, keep in mind that 18,000 seats are out in the open, and all of these out in the open seats are on the bottom level.

driplinetr6.jpg

Timmah

Staff member
I can tell you that you are exaggerating. In the red zones at least that line is close to halfway down. I'm in row 14 (your line is Row 30) and I am on the line, sometimes I get wet, sometimes it's falling on the people in front of me.

The open end bowls though, you're pretty much spot on.

nqboy

First Grade
tbone10 said:
I did manage to fly up to townsville for lasts nights game! What a waste of money that was. Sorry i couldn't make it up for your fickle fans.

But you NQ supporters are alright. Especially the ones at the leagues club
Were you one of Led Zeppelin impressionists on the northern hill? Credit to them, they stayed to the end (and were partially rewarded I guess). Mind you, If I'd flown 3000km to watch my team, I'd stay to the end as well. Before heading to the Leagues Club that is. without the handbrake, of course.

fanatique

Juniors
Farva said:
Totally agree. Telstra is crap. It has been crap for every side that has played there.

I am pretty sure if Souths and the Dogs played their home games at the SFS, their crowds would increase significantly. I dont know anybody that likes going to Telstra to watch a game of league. State of Origin i understand, but club games.............deadset BS.

Obviously clubs that play there have a financial incentive, but it sure is not helping the fans, nor the game as a whole.

No offence mate but that is nonsense. People don't go because they don't want to go. it really is s simple as that. PF, GF or SOO suddenly Homebush is attractive. Souths didn't go to Aussie in any great numbers either back in the days. They obviously as we now can see just don't have the support to draw really big.

13,000 is a pitiful result for them. Absolutely shameful. All week I've been saying they are going to break 18,000 and they get a sh1thouse crowd. No excuses. No "Oh we don't like the stadium or the cushions aren't soft enough" It was sh1thouse. like every crowd this week except Titans.

Farva

Juniors
fanatique said:
No offence mate but that is nonsense. People don't go because they don't want to go. it really is s simple as that. PF, GF or SOO suddenly Homebush is attractive. Souths didn't go to Aussie in any great numbers either back in the days. They obviously as we now can see just don't have the support to draw really big.

13,000 is a pitiful result for them. Absolutely shameful. All week I've been saying they are going to break 18,000 and they get a sh1thouse crowd. No excuses. No "Oh we don't like the stadium or the cushions aren't soft enough" It was sh1thouse. like every crowd this week except Titans.

B- shi*t.

Souths have not had the playing roster that they have now, for a long ,long time.

I live in sydney. As far as i'm concerned, games at homebush are off limits. Particularly for sides that should be playing in the inner city.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Excusing the Titans that would have to beon of the most disappointing rounds for crowds i have seen in a while, I was spruiking early in the season that 200k was a possibility for this round, although a little ambitious to be 50 odd Thousand short is absolutely disgusting.

Looking through the draw we really had a chance to smash a record and get some good free PR.

Is is systemic with the NRL that soon as you start getting excited about something it often lets you down.

Bit like Souths today.......

nqboy

First Grade
It's been years but when I visited Sydney, I had no trouble getting around. Went to SFS, NSO, SA, it was just a matter of asking the bus driver where I had to go. Things must have changed on the public transport.

Timmah

Staff member
Not at all, people are just getting lazier I think - although, the cost of public transport has risen substantially in Sydney. Personally I don't rely on public transport unless I know I can't get a park. I almost always drive to the footy.

Farva

Juniors
doglyf said:
Bulldogs at Aussie would not work lolll

Why??

They have heaps of supporters....everywhere.

I hate them all, but i am pretty sure they are not confined to just being 'westies'.

brendothejet

First Grade
you're a myth dodge. I don't think you've ever been to an NRL game. You spend too much time in this thread whinging at RL supporters who go to games about people not going to games.

Hindyscrack

Bench
mattyg said:
You're right for once nqboy, you outdrew us by a country mile this weekend, but you were still dissapointing.

33k at the grand final replay...Brisbane drew 40k+ to that last year, shoulda been the same this year being the GF replay

18k at cows v manly...top of the table battle, shoulda been over 20k

the Titans crowd was expected, they are still a novelty item up there, and will be for some time.

No excusing Sydney crowds though. But overall, this whole weekend was a big let down, especially when we were thinking of the possibility of this weekend smashing all records.

Still dissapointing?

33K isnt huge for the broncos game, but the Broncos pull better crowds on Sundays. 33k is still a decent crowd.

18k for cowboys is still a respectable crowd, you can only fit another 2k there max

The titans arent a novelty, tickets sold out at 2:30 this afternoon. Next game is a Monday night vs the cowboys, will be another sell out. Everyone out there is a fan, and they have plenty of STH's. Queensland pull the 3 biggest crowds and its still not good enough?

Latest posts