What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Crowd Watch

nqboy

First Grade
I agree with mattyg. The reasons given by Bruno Cullen go some way to explaining their crowd but there's no pardoning those Townsvillains who go missing every time the team stumbles. Our crowds earlier in the season were down on what I thought they should have been. Why, I'm not sure, but it tipped me to last night's disappointment.

It might just be that without LOD and Charley Webb, the fans just don't believe we can stay competitive and are waiting for the Cowboys to fall on their ass, despite evidence to the contrary.

nqboy

First Grade
And Hindy, we're good for 26500 this year. There was plenty of empty seats last night in the NS&E stands and plenty of room on the grass as well.

nqboy

First Grade
Dodger said:
Give me a moment, I need to recover from the shock.

:eek:
Yeah, yeah, I know. It was f*cking hard to type it, I'll tell you.

Still, every dog has his day and if I can throw him a bone as an Encouragement Award, I'm too good a guy not to help out a youngster trying to make his naive way in this nasty old world :D

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Whippersnapper is the term you're after :lol:

Hell, it's late enough on a Sunday:

ROUND 8
*Saints v Penrith @ OKI - 13k
Broncos v Souths @ Suncorp - 28k
Warriors v Cronulla @ Mt Smart - 11k
*Tigers v Melbourne @ Gosford - 17k
Eels v Roosters @ Parramatta - 10k
Raiders v Manly @ Canberra - 12k
*Dogs v Knights @ Telstra - 21k
Titans v Cowboys @ Carrara - 18k

Total - 130k
Avg - 16,250

* - Game I'll be at

Timmah

Staff member
Missus is a Saints fan. I *shudder* went to Toyota Park in R4 to watch that farce of a football game too. A ground I only plan to travel to again in order to see the Bulldogs :lol:

nqboy

First Grade
I asked a mate over to watch the footy at my place. He declined, saying that he had the kids as his wife was going out drinking.

"She'll probably pick up a backpacker" he lamented (We ARE in Cairns).

Quick as a flash and without looking up, another workmate enquired, "Yeah? Is she going to bring her home?"

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Dodger said:
Missus is a Saints fan. I *shudder* went to Toyota Park in R4 to watch that farce of a football game too. A ground I only plan to travel to again in order to see the Bulldogs :lol:

the jailbait is awesome there though :p

nqboy

First Grade
I wandered over to the NW corner of DFS last night to get the anchor a cup of tea and stumbled into what looked like a blue light disco. Couldn't move for kids, all dressed to impress.

Timmah

Staff member
How do they afford it? Handouts from mummy? Can't complain, they're contributing to the crowd figure but geez, it wouldn't hurt em to watch the actual game every now and then. :lol:

mattyg

Bench
Saints v Penrith @ OKI - 9k
Broncos v Souths @ Suncorp - 27k
Warriors v Cronulla @ Mt Smart - 11k
Tigers v Melbourne @ Gosford - 17k
Eels v Roosters @ Parramatta - 12k
Raiders v Manly @ Canberra - 14k
Dogs v Knights @ Telstra - 16k
Titans v Cowboys @ Carrara - 18k

fanatique

Juniors
Farva said:
B- shi*t.

Souths have not had the playing roster that they have now, for a long ,long time.

I live in sydney. As far as i'm concerned, games at homebush are off limits. Particularly for sides that should be playing in the inner city.

I don't want to pick a fight but what are you talking about?

I know the Souths haven't been this competitive for ages. That is precisely why the crowd was so disappointing. In the top 4, coming off a win at DFS and with loads of pre pub this season they get 13,000 at home to an out of town team. No great bandwagon there. Any club in Sydney could do it.

I said people don't do because they don't want to. You won't go to Homebush because you don't want to. So in effect we agree.

Look farva that is where they play their home games. That is the place where you go if you want to support them. If you don't like it you don't go - as I say. I'm not Bunnie bashing. i support the Easts adn just watch as our average falls as well. All I'm saying is that 13,000 was a p1ss poor crowd for a so called powerhouse sleeping giant now in the top 4 and too many people will find any excuse, like not liking the stadium, not to go.

ozzie

Bench
S.S.T.I.D said:
sh*t crowd from us, lets not muck about.

Playing out of our district is killing our crowds. I know a lot of people that have kids playing, or play themselves on a Sunday and just can't be arsed travelling across the city to just make kick-off. The sooner we get back to Aussie the better. Not to mention Telstra Stadium being a soul-less library.
I can't see the Trust having you guys - they have Rugby Union and the League two teams - and what do you mean back to Aussie it was never your home ground to start with

Ziggy the God

First Grade
ozzie said:
I can't see the Trust having you guys - they have Rugby Union and the League two teams - and what do you mean back to Aussie it was never your home ground to start with

Add up all the games we have played at the SFS, SCG, Sports Ground and Agricultural. Our true home is in the Moore Park area.

Latest posts