What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Crowd Watch

Brutus

Referee
This could have been a massive round in terms of crowds, but each match has been well down on expectations.

yakstorm

First Grade
Roosters v Dragons - 18,240
Bulldogs v Tigers - 18,066
Broncos v Storm - 33,750
Panthers v Raiders - 8,494
Cowboys v Sea Eagles - 18,682

Total: 97,232
Avg: 19,446

mattyg

Bench
decent start, but should have been better. We really could have been up around 120,000 by now for this weekend...

Knight87

Juniors
mattyg said:
yeah last night i think they allowed everyone out in the rain to move up higher, but when you purchase tickets on ticketek they don't let ya sit in the 2nd elevation. When the sky opened up everyone starting filing up to the higher elevation (which is under cover). You can't buy tickets up there usually.

Is 2nd elevation at Telstra Stadium the section above the Corporate Boxes/Suite section on the seating map?

mattyg

Bench
nope, if you look at the blacked out section on the seating map for Telstra thats what i'm talking about...make sure you go to the seating map through a Bulldogs home game though, as its different for other matches at Telstra.

fanatique

Juniors
This round is the first really depressing round of the season attendance wise.

last year Panthers drew 9,100 against the Raiders and that is down to 8,494. Cowboys drew almost 24,000 against Manly and that has dropped below 19,000. Add this to the poor crowds at roosters and Bulldogs and he fall off at Lang and it is as awful round despite the fact the figure looks healthy on the face of it. I mean the Cowboys at home to an unbeaten side should never ever attract fewer than 20,000. No game in Sydney should ever be below 10,000. We really need the Bunnies to come out.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
How was the weather in NQ? Pretty disappointing, I guess 22k was pretty unrealistic.

19k average, let's hope Carrara and Telstra inspire - it's a beautiful day in Sydney today so hopefully the Soufs crowd is a good one.

fanatique

Juniors
Dodger said:
How was the weather in NQ? Pretty disappointing, I guess 22k was pretty unrealistic.

19k average, let's hope Carrara and Telstra inspire - it's a beautiful day in Sydney today so hopefully the Soufs crowd is a good one.

On a fine weather day against out of town opposition at 4 and 2 so far this season and coming off a morale boosting win on the road at DFS against real live contenders R6, today will tell us just what sort of draw a decent Souths are.

Less than 15,000 disastrous, less than 17,000 disappointing. Anything over 18,000 very good.

phonetic

Juniors
I don't think the crowds have been that disappointing. I think some people on here tend to get ahead of themselves when predicting.

Anzac Day was about as good as could have hoped for, given the conditions and how the two sides were going.

The Dogs/Tigers game was a little below my expectation, but to those who were expecting 30k+, I think they were always going to be disappointed.

The crowd in Brisbane was pretty solid, the crowd in Penrith I thought would be attended by 9 or 10k, so not too far off there. And the Cowboys match was slightly below par.

All in all it has still been a pretty good round. I think Souths will get 15-16k today and a similar crowd will show up on the Gold Coast.

Calixte

First Grade
phonetic said:
I don't think the crowds have been that disappointing. I think some people on here tend to get ahead of themselves when predicting.

Anzac Day was about as good as could have hoped for, given the conditions and how the two sides were going.

The Dogs/Tigers game was a little below my expectation, but to those who were expecting 30k+, I think they were always going to be disappointed.

The crowd in Brisbane was pretty solid, the crowd in Penrith I thought would be attended by 9 or 10k, so not too far off there. And the Cowboys match was slightly below par.

All in all it has still been a pretty good round. I think Souths will get 15-16k today and a similar crowd will show up on the Gold Coast.

I think the Telstra crowd for Dogs/Tigers was poor - the game attracted 35,000 as a stand-alone Friday game last year.

18,000 odd is too low. Admittedly, they aren't travelling as well this year and the weather was damp.

Brisbane was a little disappointing. Probably around 38,000 would have been a better result. 40,000 a little unrealistic given the amount of high quality football in Brisbane so far this year.

Anzac Day should have started to stand alone more than this by now. That game should get a minimum of 25,000 irrespective of ladder standings and weather.

Penrith was a bit low too.

I agree that overall the round is down on realistic expectations. 20,000+ at Souths would help to rectify things a little.

phonetic

Juniors
I have no doubt Anzac Day would have drawn 25,000 if it wern't for poor weather.

We expect too much I believe.

As for the Souths games, the pre game show just started, and the crowd looks very meek at the moment. It needs to buildup very quickly!

Timmah

Staff member
f**k.

NRL needs to do some marketing - this has been a sh*thouse weekend :(

Timmah

Staff member
Roosters v Dragons - 18,240
Bulldogs v Tigers - 18,066
Broncos v Storm - 33,750
Panthers v Raiders - 8,494
Cowboys v Sea Eagles - 18,682
Rabbitohs v Warriors - 13,044
Titans v Eels - 18,021

Total: 128,297
Avg: 18,328

Hate to say it but the three QLD games are the saviours this weekend. Let's hope for MNF success at Newcastle tomorrow.

Latest posts