What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Crowd Watch

ozzie

Bench
you can have moore park - its full of ducks - who cares about the Agriculture Ground where is it now - SFS has been home for the Roosters longer than you are in years..at least 13

Calixte

First Grade
Clearly the Bunnies should be playing out of Aussie Stadium - with only one or two major games (such as Tigers and Dogs) at Telstra. If any.

That way they can maximise the fan base of the two away sides already playing out of Telstra and aim for crowds of 35,000+.

It is up to the new owners to make that work financially.

Obviously, Aussie Stadium is in a less salubrious position given the dismal drawing power of the Waratahs union side at that ground this year. They are surely now more open to negotiating with Souths than before.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Waratards should be playing out of Concord Oval. Soufs should find somewhere decent to play that isn't Telstra or Aussie.

Tigers shouldn't play at Telstra either, Campbo and Leichhardt should hold 6-6 or 6-5 (and one at Gosford).

ozzie

Bench
Isn't there a limit on the number of games that can be played out of Aussie - both the Roosters and St george play games out of their - I don't know if the deal with St George is still in vogue now that they have done up Kogorah or Jubillee.

But let's face it why should Souths have a "god given" right to play at Aussie - where were they when Redfern were going? I'd like to see what the NRL's reasons for keeping Souths going when they were the pits.

Now look at them - no decent ground, no leagues club just two multi milionaires who can pull the funding when they please

JW

Coach
I'm tipping a below average round.

Saints v Penrith @ OKI - 8,000
Broncos v Souths @ Suncorp - 25,000
Warriors v Cronulla @ Mt Smart - 12,000
Tigers v Melbourne @ Gosford - 16,000
Eels v Roosters @ Parramatta - 11,000
Raiders v Manly @ Canberra - 13,000
Dogs v Knights @ Telstra - 14,000
Titans v Cowboys @ Carrara - 18,000

Avg - 14,625

Ziggy the God

First Grade
ozzie said:
you can have moore park - its full of ducks - who cares about the Agriculture Ground where is it now - SFS has been home for the Roosters longer than you are in years..at least 13

I am talking about the Moore Park District (ie the block between driver avenue and oxford street). This is where we have played most of our games, and is closer to where our supporters live.

Who plays there during the winter? 6 Waraturds games and 11 Roosters games. As if they couldn't have another club playing out of there.

If it doesn't happen in 2008, we will definitely be there by 2009.

Ari Gold

Bench
To all the people complaining about the souths crowd yesterday,

f**k Off... seriously

4 wins and we're expected to pull 20k against a team from another country?

There was almost twice as many people there yesterday than there was for the corresponding game last year... why don't you look at that?

brendothejet

First Grade
saint george do not play games out of aussie stadium you geese.

sheesh some people have their fingers on another planet as far as humanly possible away from the pulse

bazza

Immortal
brendothejet said:
saint george do not play games out of aussie stadium you geese.

sheesh some people have their fingers on another planet as far as humanly possible away from the pulse

Be fair brendo - it has been over 5 years since St George-Illawarra played out of Aussie :sarcasm:

Timmah

Staff member
Roosters v Dragons - 18,240
Bulldogs v Tigers - 18,066
Broncos v Storm - 33,750
Panthers v Raiders - 8,494
Cowboys v Sea Eagles - 18,682
Rabbitohs v Warriors - 13,044
Titans v Eels - 18,021
Knights v Sharks - ???

Total: 128,297... ???
Avg: 18,328... ????

:crazy:

Any crowd figure from EAS as yet?

phonetic

Juniors
I heard the ground announcer.. I think it was 15,400 or somewhere thereabouts. I didn't see it officially announced on the fox coverage.

Timmah

Staff member
Roosters v Dragons - 18,240
Bulldogs v Tigers - 18,066
Broncos v Storm - 33,750
Panthers v Raiders - 8,494
Cowboys v Sea Eagles - 18,682
Rabbitohs v Warriors - 13,044
Titans v Eels - 18,021
Knights v Sharks - 15,423

Total: 143,720
Avg: 17,965

Under 18,000 :crazy:

Timmah

Staff member
I think it's suffice to say Monday Night Football (or Sunday Night Football) are a no-go in Newcastle.

Latest posts