What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Crowd Watch

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2007 HOME CROWD AVERAGES AFTER ROUND 7

Four Games
*Gold Coast - 31,421
*South Sydney - 20,211
Newcastle - 19,955
North Qld - 19,908
Cronulla - 13,970
Sydney Roosters - 16,455
Penrith - 14,731

Three Games
Brisbane - 36,249
Bulldogs - 17,670
Manly - 15,613
Parramatta - 15,506
Warriors - 13,862
Canberra - 12,842
Melbourne - 12,097
St Geo Illa - 10,523

Two Games
Wests Tigers - 16,736

Therefore, overall:
Brisbane - 36,249
*Gold Coast - 31,421
*South Sydney - 20,211
Newcastle - 19,955
North Qld - 19,908
Bulldogs - 17,670
Wests Tigers - 16,736
Sydney Roosters - 16,455
Manly - 15,613
Parramatta - 15,506
Penrith - 14,731
Cronulla - 13,970
Warriors - 13,862
Canberra - 12,842
Melbourne - 12,097
St Geo Illa - 10,523

* Gold Coast average includes two games played at Suncorp Stadium.
* South Sydney average includes one game played at Bluetongue Stadium Gosford.

yosh64

Juniors
Dodger said:
I'd like to know how you're getting different figures to me? Am I missing 100 people somewhere?

I'll either add it up myself or go to rleague stats.

I figure that i just rounded down this week as it must have been below 18,192.5.

yakstorm

First Grade
Round Eight is going to be an interesting one.....

It has the potential to be both good and bad.

Broncos at home should usually be a strong crowd, but considering their form so far this season, it will possibly mean this match draws only just over 20K.

Dragons at Oki, again should be a big crowd, but based on their last few crowds, I think this one will only get around 7K....

Warriors, after 2 wins in a row, as long as the weather is alright, the Auckland faithful should be out, and hopefully 16K will be there.

Wests Tigers v Storm at Central Coast should sell out, or go close to at least, so 18-19K there.

Parramatta v Roosters... could be anything from 10K to 17K.

Raiders v Sea Eagles - Raiders have been strong at home, and the fans have been turning up for MNF, will they turn up on a sunny sunday?

Bulldogs v Knights, again another type of game which could be be anything from 18K to 25K.

Titans v Cowboys, should be close to sell out at least, so another 18K.

bobmar28

Bench
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
No, it won't.

All it will do is give the AFL disenfranchised NRL supporters to latch onto just like they did during Super League.

If a Parra and Penrith merger was announced, there'd be a Western Sydney AFL team within minutes of the announcement.
Why? They would still have their Western Panthers (in blue and yellow jerseys?) with sell out crowds once a month at CUA and Parramatta stadium. Wouldn't they still have their premier league and juniors?
Wests and Balmain merged to become Wests Tigers and I can tell you the Tigers are a huge success around here (Liverpool area). AFL has tried to muscle in but I think they have given up on that lately.

Timmah

Staff member
yakstorm said:
Round Eight is going to be an interesting one.....

It has the potential to be both good and bad.

Broncos at home should usually be a strong crowd, but considering their form so far this season, it will possibly mean this match draws only just over 20K.

Dragons at Oki, again should be a big crowd, but based on their last few crowds, I think this one will only get around 7K....

Warriors, after 2 wins in a row, as long as the weather is alright, the Auckland faithful should be out, and hopefully 16K will be there.

Wests Tigers v Storm at Central Coast should sell out, or go close to at least, so 18-19K there.

Parramatta v Roosters... could be anything from 10K to 17K.

Raiders v Sea Eagles - Raiders have been strong at home, and the fans have been turning up for MNF, will they turn up on a sunny sunday?

Bulldogs v Knights, again another type of game which could be be anything from 18K to 25K.

Titans v Cowboys, should be close to sell out at least, so another 18K.

Souths have a fair smack of away support in QLD I think - we should see at least 25k or so there.
Dragons - based on team form and crowd form I won't hope for any more than 8-9k. And that's being optimistic.
Warriors should draw a motza against Cronulla - 7:30pm in Auckland.
Tigers v Storm - I'll be there, one can only hope it's a big crowd - it certainly has the potential.
Parra v Syd won't crack 10k.
Raiders v Manly - hmmm... hopefully 12k but who knows
Dogs v Knights - 15k max. Our fans are fickle.
Titans v Cowboys - 17.5k minimum.

Apart from the QLD & NZ games, we're f**ked. But I hope I'm proven wrong.

ozzie

Bench
do you mean the three Souths supporters are actually going to the game - on freebies? Who were playing Souths at Teltra this year? Wasn't there a bulldog match where they were heavily outnumbered by Dog Fans?

Timmah

Staff member
:roll:

Your average might be healthy now - but you barking on about your crowd averages is fooling nobody. By the years end you'll be down at the Dragons' level, and Souths will continue to thrive.

Raider Azz

Bench
sunday afternoon, good weather forcast, coming off a great win, should be a great day in canberra for rugby league. will be plenty more than 12K there.

Timmah

Staff member
I hope so, Canberra ate up MNF, now they've got a nice Sunday to deal with :) Based on previous crowds you'd hope at least 14-15 but who knows :crazy:

yobbo84

Coach
ozzie said:
do you mean the three Souths supporters are actually going to the game - on freebies? Who were playing Souths at Teltra this year? Wasn't there a bulldog match where they were heavily outnumbered by Dog Fans?

The Bulldogs game was pretty much 50/50... whenever a big support for the away team rocks up it always appears to be more because the cameras are on the same side where most of the home supporters sit... when you're actually there and take a look around you can make a better judgrment. Speaking of which, if it wasn't for the 15,000 Souths supporters at your round 1 game you're average would be much lower, so I'd be quiet for now if I were you!

yobbo84

Coach
I still maintain an average of 10k for the Dragons is absolutely pathetic. They have the largest supporter base in the NRL (no need for arguments - it's simple facts: 11 comps in a row led to almost a whole generation of supporters + kids = lots), they have been successful for a long time and have only been poor for what, 7 weeks... 10k is just terrible.

Farva

Juniors
Seeeing as though the Dragons-Panthers game isnt live, i am gonna take a punt and say they should get 12k.

Two Sydney sides, well kinda.... Desperate times for both, good weather. Definitely above 10k.

Timmah

Staff member
Yep, got the tickets already. I'll be on the hill getting plastered :crazy:

phonetic

Juniors
Dodger said:
Yep, got the tickets already. I'll be on the hill getting plastered :crazy:

Awesome. You mean you bought from the Dragons website?? Prepaid collection? You'll end up in a longer queue than the people trying to buy at the gate.

But yeah, anyway, I'll be the guy in the Saints jersey on the 30 metre line at the St George hospital end. I'll see you there.

RABK

Referee
phonetic said:
Awesome. You mean you bought from the Dragons website?? Prepaid collection? You'll end up in a longer queue than the people trying to buy at the gate.

But yeah, anyway, I'll be the guy in the Saints jersey on the 30 metre line at the St George hospital end. I'll see you there.

:LOL:

Yeh you're the only guy who wears a saints jersey in that part of the crowd?

Then again if the saints keep playing this way that might be the case.

fanatique

Juniors
Farva said:
Seeeing as though the Dragons-Panthers game isnt live, i am gonna take a punt and say they should get 12k.

Two Sydney sides, well kinda.... Desperate times for both, good weather. Definitely above 10k.

Never ever hang your hat on the Dragon platoon turning up to a home game. They have surprisingly little round on round active support in Sydney.

Dragons V Panthers will hopefully be 10K+ and any Sydney game should be 15K+ but don't be suroprised if it is down about 9,000 again given that the panthers simply won't cross town in the present circumstances. I'll be surprised if they number more than 500.