What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Crowd Watch

Ron Jeremy

Coach
fatshark said:
that figure is very suss.looked very empty.

Actually i was at the game and i thought 11, the players tunnell side was 3/4 full, and the scorboard hill about 3/4, i think it was pretty much right. Actually, a very good crowd imo considering the Cowboys had about 20 fans there, and both sides coming off loses and without SOO players a good result, could've been alot alot worse.

fanatique

Juniors
Dodger said:
Scrap Origin?

You're the biggest tool on the forums if you think that's a realistic option :lol:

No of course it won't be scrapped or changed. For that to happen we would need a properly run, properly marketed and properly led club game like AFL or NFL or some such but we have NRL instead so obviously the exhibition will continue to be allowed overshadow the club comp which always at this time sees a huge drop in attendances but no one seems able to see why. I'll tell you why

As SSTID says you'd barely know there was a round of club games this week with all the hoo haa about a regional exhibition and surprisingly many turned oput to see the reserves.

no serious sport on earth would allow it's main comp be overshadowed like this.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's overshadowed for a few weeks of the season... the NRL takes the focus the rest of the year. As for continually calling it a "regional exhibition"... :lol: Wake up to yourself. SOO brings full houses to NSW, QLD, and last year even VIC. Get a grip.

Timmah

Staff member
Round 10 - May 18-21
Dragons/Titans WIN STD 12,058
Eels/Cowboys PARRA 10,182
Storm/Roosters OLYMPIC 9,354
Warriors/Tigers MT SMART 10,282
Bulldogs/Sharks TELSTRA 12,384

5 games TOTAL 54,260 AVERAGE 10,852

:|

fanatique

Juniors
Dodger said:
Round 10 - May 18-21

5 games TOTAL 54,260 AVERAGE 10,852

:|

Average for season so far about 17,000. Average pre SOO round less than 11,000. espoecially small crowds at Warriors and Storm where the fans feel left out of all the "regional exhibition" ballyhoo and resent having to do without their stars. I don't have to develop my argument when the figures make my case themselves.

Timmah

Staff member
With a decent crowd we should be fine at Brookie tonight. Already 10k sold (source: www.manlyseaeagles.com.au - game day thermometer)

2006 Round 11 (Pre origin), six games: Attendance: 78,497 Ave: 13,082

2005 Round 11 (pre origin), six games: Attendance: 85,785 Ave: 14,297

Anything around 16k hopefully should push us up to 70k and a better avg than we've got.

ali

Bench
fanatique said:
No of course it won't be scrapped or changed. For that to happen we would need a properly run, properly marketed and properly led club game like AFL or NFL or some such but we have NRL instead so obviously the exhibition will continue to be allowed overshadow the club comp which always at this time sees a huge drop in attendances but no one seems able to see why. I'll tell you why

As SSTID says you'd barely know there was a round of club games this week with all the hoo haa about a regional exhibition and surprisingly many turned oput to see the reserves.

no serious sport on earth would allow it's main comp be overshadowed like this.

I agree, it is rediculous that we put Origin and mid season test matches up against NRL rounds. We are cannabolising our own product. No other sport would do this.

We need seperate weekends for Origin and mid season tests!

Timmah

Staff member
CURRENT ROUND
Round 10 - May 11-14
Eagles/Broncos BROOKVALE 13,493

6 matches: TOTAL 67,753 / AVERAGE 11,292

R10 2006 (7 matches): TOTAL: 94,282 / Per Match Average: 13,468

R10 2005 (7 matches): TOTAL: 96,558 / Per Match Average: 13,794

After R10, the 2007 totals:
2007 Season Total: 1,286,940
2007 Season Avg: 16,933

Timmah

Staff member
Not much competition to be honest :lol:

It'll be interesting to see which game next week gets the biggest- two at Suncorp.

fanatique

Juniors
bboy_insane said:
So manly has had the biggest crowd 2 games in a row!!!

Yes. Would have had 18,000 on another weekend though. Not only that but their win should have an asterisk since they didn't really beat the broncos who as we know are playing in mid week instead.

if the broncs miss out on the finals by a game they know what to blame.

yosh64

Juniors
fanatique said:
Average for season so far about 17,000. Average pre SOO round less than 11,000. espoecially small crowds at Warriors and Storm where the fans feel left out of all the "regional exhibition" ballyhoo and resent having to do without their stars. I don't have to develop my argument when the figures make my case themselves.

Your a fool! You dont even think about what your saying. Your saying to scrap a series that brings in interest, exposure and cash. 'Small crowds at warriors and storm', thats cause they generally always have small crowds. NZ's like to see warriors beating aussie teams and they have been losing lately. The storm crowd was probably more concerned about playing a sh*t team thats coming last! Thats got more effect on crowds than them missing a few players (by the way how many players were missing from the warriors v tigers match?)

Anyway, in your support im starting to think that you have a slight point in regards to treating the NRL comp with more respect. Somehow origin should have less of an impact on the NRL season. Come up with some ideas, but dont be stupid enough to suggest removing SOO!!

fanatique

Juniors
yosh I never said remove it. I said MOVE it to a time when it does not do damage. You can pretend it doesn't impact on attendances but it does year on year when attendances dip in the round preceding it. If we got 11,000 average any other round people would be screaming but the exhibition is on so never mind.

No point calling me a fool and then more or less agreeing with me. My position is a minority position I admit but it is rational adn the SOO exhibition should be a season opener or season closer or eve of GF curtain raiser instead of stealing media mid season just when crowds are dipping. Use the head old son.