What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Crowd Watch

Stagger eel

Staff member
I was also there last night doing a bit of work and I can honestly say that choc_soldier is on the money.

ozzie

Bench
Ziggy the God said:
Yes, we all read your ranting in the game thread. The only difference is that it took rain of Biblical proportions to cause what happened last night. Your crowds are the same shiate with clear blue skies. :lol:
I take my example of your posts - crap they are - but I try to match your crapiness. Unfortunately I fall horribly short of your example DH

brendothejet

First Grade
the fact that there was a crowd at all was amazing.

I don't think QLDers or out of towners realise what a horrible place syndye is in the rain.

None of our infrastructure is capable of handling the massive addition of cars to the roads that comes with a downpour. The grounds have no cover for most part across the city.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
And it's still falling. The Roosters are going to lose money tonight I think.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
ozzie said:
I take my example of your posts - crap they are - but I try to match your crapiness. Unfortunately I fall horribly short of your example DH

There is no need to give me any more reason to cheer on whomever plays against your degenerate club, yet morons like yourself continue to do it in a canter.

Roll on 7.30pm, lets go you Cowboys ! :thumb

ozzie

Bench
god you are a classical loser - does it get stamped on your forehead? I am Souths fan a loser.

When you follow Souths all mentality is replaced by that of a monkey

t-ba

Post Whore
*Paul* said:
I though I heard 4,168 at the SFS, but don't take that as gospel.

This is going to be the worst round in a while...

Yes, I am stating the bleatingly obvious.

ozzie

Bench
Ziggy the God said:
There is no need to give me any more reason to cheer on whomever plays against your degenerate club, yet morons like yourself continue to do it in a canter.

Roll on 7.30pm, lets go you Cowboys ! :thumb

another stupid remark - god you are a classic nearly as stupid as your name sake

who's smiling now:lol: :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Round 13 - June 8-11
Rabbitohs/Panthers TELSTRA 5,053
Raiders/Eels CANBERRA 11,232
Roosters/Cowboys AUSSIE 4,186

3 Matches - TOTAL 20,471 AVERAGE 6,824

Ziggy the God

First Grade
ozzie said:
god you are a classical loser - does it get stamped on your forehead? I am Souths fan a loser.

When you follow Souths all mentality is replaced by that of a monkey

For a bloke that thinks that MENSA is a typo on a toilet block, that is rich.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Don't think this is the best source, but I read on the Austadiums forum (that someone said on BigFooty) that when counting crowd figures at Telstra they include season ticket holders as if they are all seated - whether they turn up or not. I'm not having a dig at Souths here, because I think it's reasonable to believe that much of the crowd was hidden undercover etc.. Just wondering if anyone else had heard of this before? Also, congrats to Canberra, they did well tonight. Have to say though, I think that Roosters crowd is the worst crowd I've ever seen at an NRL game. I know there have been worse just never seen it myself before.

When thinking of whether or not to attend games in bad weather I always end up thinking about going - after all, it's the players who are out in the mud running around, not me. I hope that there are at least some people out there who think of going simply because they want to show the players that they appreciate their effort in such bad conditions. I'm sure the players would be thrilled one day to go out in the pouring rain and see a full house cheering them on. But i guess, sometimes the weather just makes it too hard and inconvenient for many to attend.

ocko

juniors
i covered both the penrith-souths and roosters-cowboys games, and if there were the amiount of people at both games that were stated as being at both games, i'll run down george st nude.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I understand the weather is atrocious on the east coast at the moment, but those two Sydney crowds are still pathetic. If Newcastle manages to pip either of them (as seems likely), Sydney fans should be ashamed. They've had it nowhere near as bad as the average Novocastrian this week.