What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Paul*

Juniors
Crowd announced as 6,500 at Canberra... tell you what some brave brave individuals there considering there was rain and then snow showers prior to kick off...

I rode my bicycle to the game, snowed a little bit during the ride.... it was 4º at kickoff, but a fine and sunny 6º by half time.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Crowd announced as 6,500 at Canberra... tell you what some brave brave individuals there considering there was rain and then snow showers prior to kick off...

Note to Raiders, put some roofs on your stands, you might get more fans turn up!

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Note to Raiders, put some roofs on your stands, you might get more fans turn up!

I've never been there but I'd assume that having a larger roof would cover the seats in shade, making the fans even colder. Canberra has a great stadium imo, especially on a bright sunny day.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Problem is how many games are played on bright sunny days? You can get away with having an open "breezy" stadium in NQ but Canberra? The attendance tells you all you need to know!

brendothejet

First Grade
There would have been a much bigger crowd if the Broncos didn't play in the 5:30 game.

hear we see the excuse mongers turn out for Queensland Rugby League.

the broncos were on tv before it. My toast was ready. My doctor said i can't sit on yellow or maroon seats.

Shut up queensland.

If you were all as passionate as the nonsensical rantings on this thread would have us believe then you all would have been there at the bulldogs game.

dead set.

f**king hell it was cold. it snowed for a good 20 minutes at my house (this, is the 2nd time it has snowed at my home in the past 20 years)

im suprised more than 4,000 turned up. the panthers didnt.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
dead set.

f**king hell it was cold. it snowed for a good 20 minutes at my house (this, is the 2nd time it has snowed at my home in the past 20 years)

im suprised more than 4,000 turned up. the panthers didnt.

Crowd would've been 6,517 if they had turned up tbh...

Knightmare

Coach
hear we see the excuse mongers turn out for Queensland Rugby League.

the broncos were on tv before it. My toast was ready. My doctor said i can't sit on yellow or maroon seats.

Shut up queensland.

If you were all as passionate as the nonsensical rantings on this thread would have us believe then you all would have been there at the bulldogs game.

:lol: Well said.

Perth Red

Post Whore
shock, horror, Brisbane fans fail to turn up to watch a basket case Sydney team! What did you expect, even Bulldogs fans don't watch them so what chance neutrals?

but its the new heartland!

nah.

it was the cripple fight of the century. no point going really.

but 12k at the chooks. top 4 team. Sunday Arvo..in the Sun!..against a sydney team.

if the sharks had got the same.......

Knightmare

Coach
shock, horror, Brisbane fans fail to turn up to watch a basket case Sydney team! What did you expect, even Bulldogs fans don't watch them so what chance neutrals?

BTJ was addressing the myth that people in Queenland are more die-hard for League than Sydney folk. The Broncos get a couple of 40K+ games a year and suddenly it's "League's heartland". Irrespective of how crap the Bulldogs and the Cowboys are playing, if League was so much bigger in Qld people would've gone anyway. That crowd was crap, but it wouldn't have been much different in Sydney.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Should've been played somewhere smaller. Maybe even taken somewhere country.

ByRd

First Grade
Roosters crowds are really disappointing, top of the table team and on a sunny day against another sydney team, it is a bad effort, they haven't been that great all year, imagine if they were at the bottom

Chook Norris

First Grade
Roosters crowds are really disappointing, top of the table team and on a sunny day against another sydney team, it is a bad effort, they haven't been that great all year, imagine if they were at the bottom
crowd sure have dipped since 2004, however,they're on their way back up again

next year, imo, we will get back up to 15k average (2004: 17k, 2005: 16, 2006: 14k, 2007 11k, 2008 13k)

Last edited:
the chooks sold heaps more ST this year too.

i think this year they havent had the big games vs souths or the anzac day game counted as theirs which makes things look worse.

theyd get around 30,000 or more to the souths game, and anzac day is good for at least 25,000.

if those 2 games were roosters this year, their crowd average would be more like 15,000

flamin

Juniors
the chooks sold heaps more ST this year too.

i think this year they havent had the big games vs souths or the anzac day game counted as theirs which makes things look worse.

theyd get around 30,000 or more to the souths game, and anzac day is good for at least 25,000.

if those 2 games were roosters this year, their crowd average would be more like 15,000
Souths Vs Roosters is at the SFS in Round 25.

Souths Vs Roosters is at the SFS in Round 25.

yeah but whoever gets it in round 1 is advantaged as its much bigger.

should get 20,000 for the round 25 game, whilst souths got 35,000 in round 1.

15,000 extra fans for 1 game is around 1000 higher on the average for the whole season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts