What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattyg

Bench
wow

worst crowd of the yaer probably for the tits and its low 17K :clap:

our worst home crowd of the year is low 21k odd? Don't see why your clapping tbh..

17k only the 3rd game into a brand new stadium on the gold coast is pretty poor - especially considering that Titans regularly packed out Carrarra last year with 18k. Whoever predicted Titans would finish this season with an average of 24k is gonna be a long way off. And to think we all thought they built the titans stadium too small!! :lol:

Brycey

Juniors
our worst home crowd of the year is low 21k odd? Don't see why your clapping tbh..

17k only the 3rd game into a brand new stadium on the gold coast is pretty poor - especially considering that Titans regularly packed out Carrarra last year with 18k. Whoever predicted Titans would finish this season with an average of 24k is gonna be a long way off. And to think we all thought they built the titans stadium too small!! :lol:
Umm Carrara only got one crowd above 18K last year.

In comparison, last year Titans got 13K against the Raiders. With some blockbusters coming up (esp Brisbane) I think you will find Titans will get an average of just over 20K.

But that in mind, ticket prices are too expensive and have been a deterrent for me in considering going to the last few home games. If they lowered them by another 5-10 bucks theyd fill the stadium.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Round 4

36,526 @ ANZ (Bul)
13,831 @ Olympic Park
15,318 @ ANZ (Stg)
17,381 @ Skilled
19,231 @ DFS
11,518 @ Mt Smart
14,426 @ Brookvale
TBP @ Campbelltown

7 games
Total 128,231
Avg 18,319

mattyg

Bench
decent average for this round. At the game at brookie it looked like a few more than 14k though. Only ones i'm slightly dissapointed in are the St George and Titans home crowds. Hopefully Tigers can get over 15,000 tomorrow to keep the average pretty strong.

effnic

Bench
decent average for this round. At the game at brookie it looked like a few more than 14k though. Only ones i'm slightly dissapointed in are the St George and Titans home crowds. Hopefully Tigers can get over 15,000 tomorrow to keep the average pretty strong.
Deadset man as i said in another thread i was at the game and i guessed around 19k the place looked packed, when i saw the figure i just thought no way they are definetly lying about the crowd and keeping some money to upgrade brookie, ripping off paying the nrl. :lol:

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
11518 at MSS

This is just a pure hypothetical to all the warriors fans: if the Southern Orcas were admitted into the NRL at some stage what effect would that have on warriors crowds? would they flock to see the game simply because there's more than one NZ side in the comp? I know bringing the Tits in helped drum up even more interest in league so would it be the same for the warriors?

just a thought, nice crowds for the round btw

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee

are you telling me, that the bulldogs all year wont get a game below 17K? because that's what im saying about the Tits...

mattyg

Bench
are you telling me, that the bulldogs all year wont get a game below 17K? because that's what im saying about the Tits...

of course we'll probably get lower than 17k in 2 or 3 games but thats besides the point. The titans have a BRAND NEW 27k seater stadium which should be reason alone to have a packed out stadium every week, especially considering there is no other NRL team within 100km of them. I was expecting much more from the Titans fans to start the season - and i'm sure other people will. Newcastle generally draw 17k per game and they have roughly the same population as the Gold Coast...and there stadium is nowhere near as impressive.

Don't you love the silence from people such as nqboy when QLD crowds end up dissapointing after an awesome Sydney crowd. Maybe a few more crowds like this at Titans games might shut up this whole QLD v Sydney crowd debate crap.

christopher

Juniors
in regard to gold coast's assumed poor crowds...

when brisbane moved from ANZ to Suncorp, many thought it would result in a dramatic crowd improvement. It didnt. the crowds were large the first one and half years but not near as high as people were expecting.

It took time for word of mouth on how good the stadium is to spread. Their crowds continued to grow and are now excellent.

the same needs to happen with the Titans. However, the apparent large prices for tickets may prevent this.

A new stadium does not automatically mean new supporters.

The titans must rely on their work in the community, winning and winning in good style to keep the fans coming back.

17,000 on gc for match against a predicatablly terrible raiders team?

thats pretty good i reckon. Only 2 thou off what i would have predicted.

nqboy

First Grade
Don't you love the silence from people such as nqboy when QLD crowds end up dissapointing after an awesome Sydney crowd. Maybe a few more crowds like this at Titans games might shut up this whole QLD v Sydney crowd debate crap.
No silence matty. I've been surprised and disappointed by the GC crowds so far. I fully expected capacity or close to capacity crowds at every game and the posts seem to indicate that ticket prices have a fair bit to do with it. As someone suggested, they should have started with lower prices, sold out the games and made them the hottest ticket in town before jacking them up.

Still, this could well be the Tits' lowest home crowd and plenty of teams would like to be in that position.

As for the Cowboys crowds, I suspect they're paying the price for a drop in form coupled with a hefty jack in prices. My season ticket on the tryline in the NE corner went from $250 to $330 or $380 (can't remember) so I haven't been this year yet. I don't think I'd be the only one.

Let me know when the Qld teams are dragging the crowds down.

yakstorm

First Grade
Under the circumstances, that is a pretty reasonable crowd.

Pouring rain, the match being played on a Monday Night, no Farah for the Tigers and Penrith not traveling too well, and the fact that anyone working in the city or north of Sydney would have next to zero chance of making the game on time if they finished work at 5pm or later, it could have been a lot worse.

Hopefully there is a bit of a lesson learnt that Monday Night Football games out at places like Brookvale, Campbelltown and so on are not feasible on any working Monday. In fact I'd go to say the only three venues MNF games should be held at in Sydney are the SFS, ANZ Stadium and Leichhardt.

Status
Not open for further replies.