What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

camsmith

Juniors
im getting annoyed at the supposed capacity of OP... everytime it looks packed it doesnt crack 14 K, supposedly 18k capacity?

Yeah same here. Whenever im considering how many are at the game I round it off by about 2000. There is ALWAYS less people than you think. Dont know why, if its dodgy ticket machines or something but when I went to the soccer there it was the opposite, there seemed to be less people than the official crowd number said.

Who knows? I do know that when this new stadium comes in the crowd will improve by 3000 week in and week out and for the big games by even more. We already see bigger crowds when we play at Telstra Dome (not enough for us to play there full time) but if we get a 35,000 seat stadium built for RL I reckon if we keep winning 20,000 a week is possible. People just dont like OP.

Top crowds at both games tonight. As mentioned above, whats doing with the OP capacity? It happens time and time again, where the hell do the extra 5,000 fit? Fudging by the other code or are we unkowingly selling ourselves short?

I'd like to know the same thing. I reckon 2000 more could fit in, around the ground and standing up the river end but other than that... hard to know where the rest of the people would sit/stand.

Lets hope the new stadium has a decent counter on it.

ozzie

Bench
that crowd tonight was amazing. If more than 1,000 odd Roosters fans turned up we coulda cracked 50,000 IMO. There were deadset NONE of them there tonight. 2 bays where the supporters section was and that was it. The rest of the whole stadium was a sea of blue and white. Never seen the bottom tier of the stadium so packed. Great effort, proud to be a dogs fan with that crowd tonight, despite the abysmal on field display.
of couse you didn't see the crowd on tv but let me tell you there were a heap of red white and blue spread through the crowd - there was a stuff up by Ticketeck with the allocated seats so they were spread through the crowd. Poor old dog fans gotta sound good about something on the night

t-ba

Post Whore
Great Crowds for both. Biggest crowd in Sydney for a regular season match since 1996.

Walking out is terrible. Remember all those Dragons fans leaving the Manly game at Kogarah in 2004 when they were 34-4 down? I know it happens once in a blue moon, but that's what you could miss out on.

Billythekid

First Grade
im getting annoyed at the supposed capacity of OP... everytime it looks packed it doesnt crack 14 K, supposedly 18k capacity?

Yeah i do wonder. Having watched the Victory they look to have similar sized crowds yet somehow the storm always come away with like 13,000 and the victory with like 18,000. I just don't know where 5,000 people could fit in.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Great crowd last night. Matty's right it was easily Bulldogs in terms of numbers - I'd say 75-25 percent though.

Apey

Staff member
i would have considered walking out on the Knights 71 - 6 game tbh

probably would have found a nice gutter to cry in

t-ba

Post Whore
I'm happy I stuck around for the entire grand final. I don't think I've seen more than 5 seconds of footage in one sitting since.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't plan to watch last night's game again either tbh.

ByRd

First Grade
There was no way there were about 9k rooster fans last night, i was actually a little disappointed with there turn out, i was expecting a bit more, i would say there were about 6-7k, in the corner on the eastern side and also on the top level, was an awsome crowd and a good turnout from us bulldog fans, shame about the performance though and to those who left early, pathetic, you stay whether your winning or losing and i was there until the end no matter how hard it was.

Tom Ace

Bench
While we are throwing out figures with no provable accuracy...I'd say there were about 15k Rooster fans there. :sarcasm:

eels_fan_01

Bench
I wasnt there but the fact that the stadium didnt look the same in the last 20 in the first 20 suggests that there were more Dogs fans there.

Id say it was 70-30 Bulldogs.

mattyg

Bench
how can you judge if you weren't at the stadium. Less than 20% roosters fans for sure. When we ran out there was hardly a patch in the crowd that wasn't waving a bulldogs flag.

eels_fan_01

Bench
how can you judge if you weren't at the stadium. Less than 20% roosters fans for sure. When we ran out there was hardly a patch in the crowd that wasn't waving a bulldogs flag.

I cant 100 accurately judge but just from the look of the crowd.

I could see a few Roosters flags etc in the crowd.

flamin

Juniors
Pity all the media attention for last night's game has made everyone forget about the local derby this afternoon. If it was at Kogorah it'd be a guaranteed sell-out but at ANZ it'll be lucky to draw 17k IMO.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Pity all the media attention for last night's game has made everyone forget about the local derby this afternoon. If it was at Kogorah it'd be a guaranteed sell-out but at ANZ it'll be lucky to draw 17k IMO.

Im sure the Dragons and Sharks fans are hyped for it.

I reckon it will pull 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts