What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice777

Bench
Very happy with the crowd at OP last night. I was expecting about 13k as traditionally the Bronc's are our biggest drawing crowds along with the Warriors but to get closer to 14k was excellent. Like most others i thought there was more there than the quoted number but after 10 years trying to pick the crowd and rarely getting it right i've given up now :?

It was even better given it was up against an AFL game, albeit at Telstra Dome as well as the high school musical concert thing across the road at Vodaphone. There's another AFL game at Telstra Dome next Friday which means none at the G so hopefully given a decent night we'll be able to get another 13k+ for the GF rematch against Manly.

miccle

Bench
Great crowds for both games - I don't get my hopes up as a rule for Sydney crowds these days and was half-expecting 29k. Woulda been happy with over 30, and I'm stoked with 36k.

Another GREAT effort by Melbourne imo. We have to keep in mind that Melboune is freakin' ages away from Brissie and people won't go down to games as a rule if it's on Friday night. There were bugger-all Brisbane fans there last night from what I saw, it was a sea of purple!

ByRd

First Grade
While we are throwing out figures with no provable accuracy...I'd say there were about 15k Rooster fans there. :sarcasm:
I aint throwing figures, i may not know 100% but from being at the ground, there were only really 2-3 bays of rooster fans and a few more on the top level, it doesnt really matter in the end, they were the ones cheering :x

colonel_123

Juniors
Pity all the media attention for last night's game has made everyone forget about the local derby this afternoon. If it was at Kogorah it'd be a guaranteed sell-out but at ANZ it'll be lucky to draw 17k IMO.

A sell out at Kogorah wouldn't see many more than 17000 in the ground's current state so that's hardly the end of the world...

Great crowds for both games - I don't get my hopes up as a rule for Sydney crowds these days and was half-expecting 29k. Woulda been happy with over 30, and I'm stoked with 36k.

Another GREAT effort by Melbourne imo. We have to keep in mind that Melboune is freakin' ages away from Brissie and people won't go down to games as a rule if it's on Friday night. There were bugger-all Brisbane fans there last night from what I saw, it was a sea of purple!

i saw brissie fans everywhere

wether they were from brisbane or not is another thing

btw with a new stadium the crowds could get closer to 20,000 a game cause olympic park is just to far away from the action that running track is really annoying

mattyg

Bench
just added the figures up - Dogs home crowd average is 28,792 after 2 home games. Pretty impressive considering the other 2 games we played in also had 24k and 22k respectively. We've got the Dragons coming up so hopefully both teams can win next week and I think that will nudge 25k as well. I think we might be headed towards a 20k+ average this year.

mattyg

Bench
if we can bounce back against Warriors next week then we should get another great crowd against the Dragons. Thats our only home game between now and Rd 9. Good chance we'll still be averaging over 25k after that game.

dragondad

First Grade
Worst atmosphere Ive ever been in in my life .. Just horrendous .. But I think there was 15k . because the Western concourse was pretty packed.

fanatique

Juniors
Worst atmosphere Ive ever been in in my life .. Just horrendous .. But I think there was 15k . because the Western concourse was pretty packed.

It consistently amazes me when the poor Dragons crowds cause surprise. The Dragons simply don't have a large Sydney based following. How much evidence do people need. They are a big club out in the country and up in Qld and are well supported away from town but in town they are a washout.

mark123

Juniors
It consistently amazes me when the poor Dragons crowds cause surprise. The Dragons simply don't have a large Sydney based following. How much evidence do people need. They are a big club out in the country and up in Qld and are well supported away from town but in town they are a washout.

Sometimes I almost wish the dragons were cut from the nrl.

Seriously, or moved to woolongong full time.

Then they go and get bennett....

dragondad

First Grade
Sometimes I almost wish the dragons were cut from the nrl.

Seriously, or moved to woolongong full time.

Then they go and get bennett....

We are a bandwagon team unfortunately,the supporters come on success,quite like most teams to be honest.But when we do well,the supporters are there.

Semi final vs Melbourne in '06 . a crowd of 40000 with about 500 storm fans .. it was a sea of red and white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts