What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

nqboy

First Grade
*Bump* Anyone get the crowds tonight? Parra looked half decent, more than i expected. Melbourne looks pretty good too.

Dasher39

Juniors
its down ??? the rain must of kept everyone away

they got more last week and the afl was on
Umm, the AFL is on tonight too mate!

I think it's a great crowd. We've had very good crowds this year. The one poor crowd we had (10K) was on Easter Sunday so it was always going to be poorly attended. We've had 20k, 10k, 14k, 13.5k.

It'll be great when we get our new stadium and actually have a stadium that people will want to go to. Olympic Park just isn't appealing to a lot of people.

Umm, the AFL is on tonight too mate!

I think it's a great crowd. We've had very good crowds this year. The one poor crowd we had (10K) was on Easter Sunday so it was always going to be poorly attended. We've had 20k, 10k, 14k, 13.5k.

It'll be great when we get our new stadium and actually have a stadium that people will want to go to. Olympic Park just isn't appealing to a lot of people.

yep agreed worst stadium i have been to

Brycey

Juniors
Thats disgraceful crowd by Parramatta. In all honesty, Parramatta should be one of the biggest supported teams. They are unofficially the CBD of Western Sydney and have a huge population at their doorstep, not to mention success in 80s and continous competitive teams from 96 onwards. They should be able to nearly fill that joint every week.

Callan Pk

Juniors
Thats disgraceful crowd by Parramatta. In all honesty, Parramatta should be one of the biggest supported teams. They are unofficially the CBD of Western Sydney and have a huge population at their doorstep, not to mention success in 80s and continous competitive teams from 96 onwards. They should be able to nearly fill that joint every week.

Was thinking the same myself last night, this really tells us Parra have about 12kfans max.
Shoulda been close to full, I tell you what parra fans, you better realize when youre on a good thing.
Youve got your own very good stadium, good facilities, use it, or you will be at Homebush more & more.

babyg

Juniors
13000 at 2 nrl games. 47000 at 1 fumbleball game between two crappy teams. NRL needs to make crowds a priority. We are a laughing stock.

Panfas

Juniors

agreed!

The thing with our crowds in Melbourne, is that OP is a sh*t venue. Don't get me wrong, I love going there and standing with a beer to watch the game, but it's not user friendly for people who maybe would like to try a game.
Also, other than the dry area, there isn't that much more space for people with the 13.5-14k crowds. It's jammed in!

And, needs to be remembered that there are generally little to no away team support, so the crowd isn't that bad compared to other NRL crowds.

t-ba

Post Whore
13000 at 2 nrl games. 47000 at 1 fumbleball game between two crappy teams. NRL needs to make crowds a priority. We are a laughing stock.

Hardly...

Room for improvement, but we're more than competitive on a global scale.

Essendon are probably the second best supported sporting club in the country, and Footscray are in great form atm. The AFL gets freakishly big crowds for the size of its markets and its a result of spending the better part of a century promoting people to attend matches rather than put money into pokies.

miccle

Bench
IMO the Melbourne crowd last night was FANTASTIC. Sensational stuff to see Melbourne constantly drawing more than 13k. The new stadium will see that increase further.

t-ba

Post Whore
IMO the Melbourne crowd last night was FANTASTIC. Sensational stuff to see Melbourne constantly drawing more than 13k. The new stadium will see that increase further.

If Melbourne and Parra swapped stadiums, The Storm probably would have sold it out. Parra would have been lucky to get 10k.

I'd love a Stadium Like Parra's for Manly. You could probably put another 5k on our crowds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts