What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radioactive Man

Juniors
In the Newcastle Herald today it said 18,500 tickets have been sold for tomorrows game and their confident of a big walk up so epic win ?

Brycey

Juniors
Roosters fans don't travel...its just a huge coincidence our last 3 away games have been 30k+, 30k+ and nearly 17k for a team a few weeks ago couldnt crack over 10k

(KW)

Juniors
Raining in Canberra, could see thecrwod dropt circa 10K, would have expected around 13K....

PS. Roosters always have good numbers in Canberra......in there hey day we played them in front of 18 odd thousand, half of which would have been roosters fans....

big boppa eel

Juniors
Thats disgraceful crowd by Parramatta. In all honesty, Parramatta should be one of the biggest supported teams. They are unofficially the CBD of Western Sydney and have a huge population at their doorstep, not to mention success in 80s and continous competitive teams from 96 onwards. They should be able to nearly fill that joint every week.
Mate have u seen the rubbish they have been dishing up?

Billythekid

First Grade
Exactly right. I say it almost every week, there is something wrong with the thing that counts how many people attend. I couldn't find a seat there yesterday (I did get there late) in the GA area, it was PACKED.

Yet the crowd supposedly was only just over 13,000. With a capacity of 19,000? It just can't be right.

Bring on the new stadium, and bring on a new ticket counter machine ffs.

(Puts tin-foil hat on.. is it an NRL conspiracy to give us low crowd numbers, going to Victory games they seem to get those crowd figures about right, but it always seems to underestimate the crowd figures for Storm games :roll:)

Still pisses me off that we have to wait until 2010. This whole process has taken way to long.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Round Five so far (4 games)
13,321 @ Parramatta
13,632 @ Olympic Park
11,639 @ WIN
16,294 @ CUA

Total 54,886
Avg 13,722

LRC

Roosters fans don't travel...its just a huge coincidence our last 3 away games have been 30k+, 30k+ and nearly 17k for a team a few weeks ago couldnt crack over 10k

Roosters always get lots of support out west..many suburban roosters fans (As there are of all the older teams).
I think the CUA record involved a roosters game (may have been broken by the dogs)
At Campbeltown there is always a great crowd for roosters games.(may be the record there also.)

When Penrith play at the SFs they hardly bring anyone!!

mattyg

Bench
decent crowd at canberra given the pictures they were showing (before the match) of the storm about an hour before kickoff!! Decent this round given how badly things could have gone tbh.

yakstorm

First Grade
Just to play the devils advocate, any ideas on whys Parras crowds have dropped off

I think the main reason Parramatta's crowds seem to be consistently 'average' (as highlighted above they haven't been dropping off), is due to the fact they don't know how to promote their games.

All their marketing is restricted to the local paper and the 2KY radio station, they have a very average website, which with exception to Heritage Round doesn't promote upcoming games, purchasing tickets and so on.

They only release tickets for games 5-9 days in advance on Ticketek, which limits pre-sale opportunities, and offer no real incentive for people to pre-purchase.

There is no doubt out of all the Sydney NRL clubs, Parramatta has one of the largest, if not the largest, supporter bases. With a 20,000 rectangular stadium at their disposal, they really should be packing it out week in, week out.

In-goal

Bench
Yakstorm, once again you have hit the nail on the head in regards to the plight of the Parramatta RLFC, they are the one club that must be averaging around 20K.

scottyeel

Bench
I think the main reason Parramatta's crowds seem to be consistently 'average' (as highlighted above they haven't been dropping off), is due to the fact they don't know how to promote their games.

All their marketing is restricted to the local paper and the 2KY radio station, they have a very average website, which with exception to Heritage Round doesn't promote upcoming games, purchasing tickets and so on.

They only release tickets for games 5-9 days in advance on Ticketek, which limits pre-sale opportunities, and offer no real incentive for people to pre-purchase.

There is no doubt out of all the Sydney NRL clubs, Parramatta has one of the largest, if not the largest, supporter bases. With a 20,000 rectangular stadium at their disposal, they really should be packing it out week in, week out.
Don't expect them to start doing anything about it either.
The club doesn't give a sh*t about their fans they do nothing for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.