What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

JW

Coach
Parra's crowds throughout a single season have never been all that consistent, but overall they aren't really dropping off.

Over the past 5-6 years they gone from 11K to 14-16K and so far this year they're sitting on about 18K if i've got my numbers right.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Went to Parra stad last night, as a st holder dont pay too much attention to prices, but had a look last night, in the top teir off stands it $37 Adult. $30 for Kids. Seems much higher than I remember...

Parra should fill it for mosr home games, management seems to be happy with 13k, evry home game should be treated as an event, they just seem lazy...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's worrying that they want to say to the AFL that the west is RL heartland yet Parra and Penrith are dragging just over 10-11k to their stadiums.

eels_fan_01

Bench
They're very much a supporter base that resides in the Mortgage belt. Not too much free cash atm.

Stay out of it please.

Its simple, if we win...people show up, if we lose they dont. We are fickle.

Then Manly....if they win....people dont show up, if they lose the same. You have a crap supporter base.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
What sort of crowds will Melbourne get when they have 3 or 4 consecutive poor seasons as at the moment they are on top but it will turn.

eels_fan_01

Bench
What sort of crowds will Melbourne get when they have 3 or 4 consecutive poor seasons as at the moment they are on top but it will turn.

Hopefully by then, similar crowds to now because of the success they have built up and they may have a new stadium.

Before they used to have a solid supporter base who went to every game and that was about 9 thousand people, now its about 11 in my opinion and when they get over that they get a few blow in fans.

So im sure the 11 thousand will always show up.

Fair summation Eels fan. When we were in the dark days of Muppet Murray, and coming back from the stupid decision to go to Telstra Dome, our crowds were 8-9 at a very minimum, and that was before the club was part of the town like it is now.
I think our minimum now, even with a couple of bad years, would be 10-11 very easily. Particularly when we get the new stadium. Only query then will be the pricing structure

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think 1 or 2 home games at TD is ideal... you managed 20k in Round 1...

t-ba

Post Whore
Stay out of it please.

Its simple, if we win...people show up, if we lose they dont. We are fickle.

Then Manly....if they win....people dont show up, if they lose the same. You have a crap supporter base.

Which would explain why we've drawn better crowds than you for the last two seasons in an archaic hole, and were only 1000 behind you the last season you won a minor premiership.

You consistently have no clue. Quiet time now darling.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Which would explain why we've drawn better crowds than you for the last two seasons in an archaic hole, and were only 1000 behind you the last season you won a minor premiership.

You consistently have no clue. Quiet time now darling.

You have no clue you f**kwitt.

Your comparing....

A team that was 2nd all year.

To a team that ended up 5th but in previous seasons would have been lucky to have enough wins to make the top 8.

t-ba

Post Whore
You have no clue you f**kwitt.

Your comparing....

A team that was 2nd all year.

To a team that ended up 5th but in previous seasons would have been lucky to have enough wins to make the top 8.

Parra's made 8 of the last ten finals campaigns. Manly's made 3 and didn't exist for another three of those. In 2006, a Manly side with only two more wins that Parramatta comfortably outdrew them.

Besides, I thought Manly never drew a crowd? How is it that Manly were drawing only 1000 less the season they came 8th and Parramatta clinched the minor premiership?

Parramatta, in a wonderful modern facility near a train station, draw similar crowds to a club playing out of an old dump with no decent public transport links when in a similar position on the table. It's as simple as that. It isn't 1986 anymore sweetheart.

camsmith

Juniors
The thing with our crowds in Melbourne, is that OP is a sh*t venue. Don't get me wrong, I love going there and standing with a beer to watch the game, but it's not user friendly for people who maybe would like to try a game.
Also, other than the dry area, there isn't that much more space for people with the 13.5-14k crowds. It's jammed in!

And, needs to be remembered that there are generally little to no away team support, so the crowd isn't that bad compared to other NRL crowds.

Exactly right. I say it almost every week, there is something wrong with the thing that counts how many people attend. I couldn't find a seat there yesterday (I did get there late) in the GA area, it was PACKED.

Yet the crowd supposedly was only just over 13,000. With a capacity of 19,000? It just can't be right.

Bring on the new stadium, and bring on a new ticket counter machine ffs.

(Puts tin-foil hat on.. is it an NRL conspiracy to give us low crowd numbers, going to Victory games they seem to get those crowd figures about right, but it always seems to underestimate the crowd figures for Storm games :roll:)

Chook Norris

First Grade
yea i agree, something must be wrong with the ticket counter
-------

any news on the dragons vs cowboys crowd?

seems pretty small

Chook Norris

First Grade
yea i agree, something must be wrong with the ticket counter
-------

any news on the dragons vs cowboys crowd?

seems pretty small

ByRd

First Grade
Looks like a very good crowd at Penrith, only a few empty seats in the stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.