What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight87

Juniors
11,000 at ANZ Stadium? Pathetic. Makes me wonder what tomorrows attendance there will be. I hope its more than that.

Knight87

Juniors
and, that 21,280 at EnergyAustralia I believe is the Knights 2nd highest home attendance they've got in the Sat 5:30pm timeslot (26,198 vs Parramatta, Rd 1 2006 (which was virtually Sat afternoon, as it was still daylight savings) is not only the record in that timeslot, but also the overall attendance record for EnergyAustralia since the Andrew Johns Grandstand was completed in 2005).

yakstorm

First Grade
11,000 at ANZ Stadium? Pathetic. Makes me wonder what tomorrows attendance there will be. I hope its more than that.

In fairness to the Wests Tigers, over 60% of their ANZ Stadium audience is families, particularly young families, verses their usual Leichhardt and Campbelltown audiences. 8:30pm is too late to get families to turn up to a match, especially young ones. Having the game on Channel 9 didn't help either.

If the match was played even at 7:30pm (it should have been the 5:30pm game), it would have had 16K+

JW

Coach
Fantastic turnouts at Newy and Penrith, very ordinary to say the least at ANZ. But that was to be expected for reasons already outlined ie. venue, starting times, etc. 8:30 is just ridiculous.

mark123

Juniors

this is disgusting

will some fker not read my thread about rl culture/attendance culture on the site?

ffs

go to hell sydney

mark123

Juniors
Fantastic turnouts at Newy and Penrith, very ordinary to say the least at ANZ. But that was to be expected for reasons already outlined ie. venue, starting times, etc. 8:30 is just ridiculous.

if they were really interested in playing the top of the table team they would have turned up

excuses are pathetic.

be real...sydney has few fans of the game

plus playing at anz stadium is such a short sighted vision of most teams

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
if they were really interested in playing the top of the table team they would have turned up

excuses are pathetic.

So 20k+ crowds, a 30k+ crowd, what, they were all Brisbane fans for Sydney teams were they, all made the trip down for a neutral match?

Get off your high f*cking horse.

JW

Coach

excuses are pathetic.

Sydney's crowds are the best they've ever been. Despite all the myths that fly around about the crowds leaving the game, the reality is that 10 years ago both of last night's Sydney games could've easily drawn under 10,000.

But to maximise them, the said "excuses" need to be addressed. People on these forums would go regardless, but like it or not the listed excuses do make a difference for some people/families. Instead of attacking that culture, work with it. Promotion, facilites, timeslots - work those areas in a way that will mazimise attendences in Sydney rather than throwing grenades.

Tigers have had the best Sydney average for the past 3 years. Last night was an anomaly, nonetheless extremely disappointing. Apart from all the factors mentioned above you also have to consider that a lot of supporters are fed up with Homebush/SCG/WACA/SFS/Jade and every other neutral venue that we choose to play at. Look, I would support the team wherever they play because I'm a tragic but I know that there are just as many who refuse to attend sterile concrete jungles like Stad de Aus.

Timmah

Staff member
Let's look at today:

NZ v Canberra = 13k
Rabs v Cows = 14k if lucky

Next week:

Syd v Canb, SFS 5:30 Sat = 12k
Dogs v Pemriff, ANZ 7:30 Sat = 13k
NQ v Scumulla, DFS 7:30 Sat = 18k
Bris v Womanly, Suncorp 2pm Sun = 28k
Parra v Saints, ANZ 3pm Sun = 19k
Storm v Knights, Olympic 7pm Mon = 13k

In-goal

Bench
IT's upto the NRL to help promote matches as much as it is upto the clubs, if 11K showed upto a Brisbane game Lara Bingle would be on the box stating Where the Bloody hell are ya!

flamin

Juniors
Let's look at today:

NZ v Canberra = 13k
Rabs v Cows = 14k if lucky

Next week:

Syd v Canb, SFS 5:30 Sat = 12k
Dogs v Pemriff, ANZ 7:30 Sat = 13k
NQ v Scumulla, DFS 7:30 Sat = 18k
Bris v Womanly, Suncorp 2pm Sun = 28k
Parra v Saints, ANZ 3pm Sun = 19k
Storm v Knights, Olympic 7pm Mon = 13k
I think we should get some hype around Parra vs St George. Two large fanbases and both teams winning their last games. Hopefully it can crack 20k.

Timmah

Staff member
Maybe St George management should get off their asses and actually inform their members they have FREE ENTRY to the game.

JW

Coach
12,000 @ SFS
14,000 @ ANZ (Sat)
20,000 @ DFS
35,000 @ Suncorp
15,000 @ ANZ
12,000 @ OP

Average - 18,000

Mum's Day usually takes away some numbers, yeah? Under normal circumstances, closer to 40K at Suncorp/20K at ANZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.