What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
If panfas can't sell out a local derby coming off a win on, a fine weekend, in a good timeslot, im not here.

This should of been the Ch 9 game penny park full, comes up good on the tele, but too many ratings for a broncos FTA game in Bris.

Does anyone know capacity of CUA, 20k maybe???

Knight87

Juniors
with the free ticket promotion for the Wests Tigers/Brisbane match at the City/Country origin, the Wests/Broncos game should definitely get over 20,000 ppl. If lucky, they may get a fair bit more.

maple_69

Bench
Knights v Titans - 20000
Panthers v Eels - 18000
Tigers v Broncos - 20000
Warriors v Raiders - 14500
Rabbitohs v Cowboys - 13000

God if the Rabbits get sub 10k to ANZ it will be hilarious.
Penrith holds around 22k btw.

Knight87

Juniors
Apparently, the weather is Sunny 21 degrees over the weekend.
Although I see a bit of wishful thinking in your post there maple_69, I don't think Souths will get less than 10,000 for their match. They'll probably get 12-13,000. But, then, it won't be flattering from a television viewer's point of view, seeing a smorgasbord of empty seats across ANZ Stadium.

Newcastle vs Gold Coast should around 20,000, maybe more with a bit of luck with a large walk-up crowd.

Penrith vs Parramatta should get close 20,000.

Wests Tigers vs Brisbane should get over 20,000

Warriors vs Raiders should get 11-14,000, depending on weather over there.

mattyg

Bench
Knights v Titans - 21,000
Panthers v Eels - 20,000
Tigers v Broncos - 19,000
Warriors v Raiders - 14,000
Rabbitohs v Cowboys - 10,000

total - 84,000
average - 16,800

Panfas

Juniors
The record crowd at penrith is 22,304 against parra in 2003. As the new stand was built, this number will not be beaten. There max crowd will probably be around 20k now

smeghead

Bench
Don't see the Tigers getting near 20k but hope I am wrong.

Taking into account no Benji, no Robbie, freezing nights, a stupid start time, Channel 9 delayed telecast and unknown level of Brisbane support in Sydney

beave

Coach
I remember in the late 90's early 2k's, cowboys v souths in sydney would draw a pretty poor crowd, the blame used to be always thrown at the cowboys because we were "sh!t" and no one wanted to watch "us" play, these days with the cowboys getting our act together somewhat on the field, you would think that people would want to come and watch the likes of Matt Bowen, Thurston and Payne run around..............I suppose we will see on Sunday, but honestly, a crowd of less than 13-15k on a sunday arvo is pretty p!ss poor, I hope for the sake of the game and souths $$$$ people get off their collective a$$es get out to this one, I wouldn't be suprised if the bunnies pull off a win, would be a shame if it is to a completely empty stadium...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I was just trying to find this thread to post that :fist:

Great crowd given it was an out of town team at 5:30 Saturday. Good to see Newcastle keeping their average up after a disappointing 2007 in terms of crowds.

Knight87

Juniors
As Timmah said, what a crowd on Sat Night at 5:30pm!!! And more importantly, WHAT A WIN! (against a virtually full strength Titans outfit with Dureau, Simpson and Buderus). But, I guess that playing a side that was top of the table definitely helped with getting a couple extra thousand out there tonight. Next weeks' match vs Melbourne will be a lot tougher though, down at the graveyard.

miccle

Bench
FanbloodyTASTIC crowd Newie! The opposition and timeslot were big barriers to a decent turnout, I thought anything over 17k would be a top effort.

Nice win, too! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.