What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Brisbane Broncos Signings

Pistol

Coach
Looks like scott hill mite come out of retirement next yr:

http://www.lasttackle.com/news_2640-hill-poised-for-shock-nrl-return.html

Would be one of the most random signings in yrs. I rated him highly in his day, he is getting on though...

he'd have to play in the back row somewhere

coz locky aint moving from the 6, Parker has been outstanding in 13. unless Parker moves to 11 or 12. Good depth signing if it comes off.

it would be a very random signing for the Broncos

DeeJ

Bench
I would only like him here if he comes very cheaply and only replaces Lockyer during origin time or injuy.

Dazzat

First Grade
he'd have to play in the back row somewhere

coz locky aint moving from the 6, Parker has been outstanding in 13. unless Parker moves to 11 or 12. Good depth signing if it comes off.

it would be a very random signing for the Broncos

Less money spent on backs ... more on front rowers. Bruno needs a little shopping list to remind him ...

* Frontrowers

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Less money spent on backs ... more on front rowers. Bruno needs a little shopping list to remind him ...

* Frontrowers

Mate there are no front rowers out there. Well no experience half decent ones anyway.

If Hill is happy with playing a lot of QLD cup and signing for basically nothing then I have no problem with the signing. Having him around the club and playing with some of the young blokes could be quite good.

If he was up to playing lock then he would come in handy when a few players were ruled out as we have no experience replacements.

In terms of replacing Lockyer durin origin time I would rather blood Hunt. The more NRL games we can get into Hunt by the time Locky retires the better.

Pistol

Coach
I suppose it depends on what we do with what we have

does anyone know if garrett crossman is off contract?

Talanexor

Juniors
There's a shortage of good frontrowers and halfbacks in the comp. Just about every club lacks in those areas. But rep-quality backrowers are a dime a dozen.

Might have to look overseas for a decent prop - maybe even at NZ or South African rugby union players. They don't have to be skillful, they just need to be big and bend the line on every run.

You must be kicking yourself that you lost Hannant and Civinoceva, considering how much PJ Marsh and Folau are on. A winger is NOT worth that much, I don't care how good he is.

Big Pete

Referee
I should re-word my post.

It isn't a major signing, rather a 'surprising' signing.

I'd suggest it's the signing of Rohan Ahern from the Roosters.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
This is real cloak and dagger stuff and the suspense is killing me, guys are you just taking the P. If not, give us outside the loop a sniff as to how big this could be. How long roughly do we have to wait ? Izzy aside its been a long time since signing the raging bull (1996). Is this what we may be in store for or will it just be an appetiser signing until 2011 ?:crazy:

roopy

Referee
Natusch making trek north for make-or-break ride on Bronco star's trail
BY ROBERT DILLON

TIM Natusch describes Shane Webcke as his childhood hero.

Now he is moving to Brisbane in the hope of inheriting the jersey that Webcke once wore.

The burly front-rower, who has spent five years with the Newcastle Knights and made his NRL debut this season, confirmed yesterday that he had signed a 12-month contract with the Broncos.

Natusch was unable to secure a contract extension with the Knights, who recently added Kiwi Test prop Evarn Tuimavave and re-signed rookie Sione Tovo to a front-row roster that already has Ben Cross, Dan Tolar, Danny Wicks, Mark Taufua, Richie Fa'aoso and Chris Houston.

Natusch was optimistic he would receive more opportunities at his new club but admitted 2010 would be a defining season in his career.

"It's just a year-long deal but hopefully I can go up there and show my wares and play a few more first-grade games," he said.

"Next year will be a big year for me, I think.

"You don't want to look at things negatively but it is sort of a make-or-break year.

"I think I can do it. I'm confident I can become a regular first-grader but we'll just have to see how I go."

Natusch made his top-grade debut in round three against Souths and played two other NRL games, against the Bulldogs and Eels, and did not look out of his depth.

"I reckon I've just got to get a bit more game time and get used to it," he said.

"You can't really go in and kill it straight up.

"You just go in and try to contribute and try to build on it each week and hopefully I'll get to do that next year."

The 23-year-old from Wellington, New Zealand, admitted he would face stiff competition to force his way into a Brisbane engine room that includes established props Joel Clinton and Nick Kenny but he was eyeing the vacancy Dave Taylor had left by joining South Sydney.

"It's tough anywhere you go," he said.

"But Dave Taylor is leaving, so hopefully that leaves an opportunity.

"I've just got to go up there and rip into training, which I always do, and give it my best shot."

Knights coach Rick Stone wished Natusch well and felt he was capable of realising his potential at the Broncos.

"I had a good chat to Timmy about it," Stone said yesterday.

"I thought it would be a good career move for him and I think he'll do well.

"At Brisbane there could be a couple of chances open up with injuries and State of Origin and other things.

"Timmy's just got to keep working on his game. He's come a fair way since he came to Newcastle but he's still got a little way to go before he's a genuine, bona fide NRL player, and he knows that.

"But he's keen to work hard on those areas that he has to."

Stone said the re-signing of Shannon McDonnell to a two-year deal would complete Newcastle's roster for next season.

He was confident veteran Adam MacDougall would be on deck next year.

"I know the club has been working through some minor issues with his manager and they're probably taking a bit longer than people would like, particularly Doogs and his manager, but I'm quietly confident that will fall into place," Stone said.

Herald