What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Brisbane Broncos Signings

Joker's Wild

Coach
Timmy's a good nut. A little on the small side for a prop but hard as they come and has a huge heart.

Sad to see him leave Newie but with Tui coming on board next year there simply wasnt room for him in our squad.

roopy

Referee
As a Broncos fan, I didnt get to see him play. Can anyone tell me much about him? Can he bend the defensive line? Has he got the goods?
He needs to be a bit bigger and a bit more athletic.
On the positive side - he has been doing full time Uni for the last 4 years, and with a change of club and the fact that he will be committed to full time football for the first time, he might really lift his game. He has also reached the age, 23, when props seem to mature.
He is an old fashioned prop who plays with no fear and massive committment - basically a madman on the field - but off the field he is a softly spoken gentleman, and is one of the smartest players going around (graduated with honors from uni this year).
On the whole Webke thing - he looks a bit like Webke, has the same nordic heritage, plays the same courageous and uncompromising way - but maybe he just isn't as physically capable - but time will tell.
You won't find anyone at the Knights who has a bad word to say about him.
Untitled-TrueColor-08.jpg

In short, he'd love to be your new Webke. He has the looks, the brains, the desire and the courage - but he is probably too small, too slow and too injury prone.

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/...ofile-display&id=853&team=Knights&tim-natusch

Last edited:

Broncos fan!

Juniors
When he gets to his best you will love him. Remember a game he played in Jersey Flegg after 20 minutes he injured 3 opposition players with brutal ****ing tackles... all legal too.

Quote from someone on Cricsim. Sounds good. :D

roopy

Referee
True story - the knights develop officer who signed Timmy went to Wellington to sign someone else, and arranged an opposed training session to look at the guy, and signed Timmy as well on the strength of him being a mad bastard who wouldn't take a backward step - and it turned out that his total League experience was a few games for his highschool and a schoolboy rep game.
So basically, at 18 his league knowledge came from a few sessions with a school coach - probably barely knew the rules - but he was leading the pack in n under 20s grandfinal less than a year later.

Last edited:

Timmah6991

Juniors
Allegedly, the Broncos are set to announce a major signing.

Major fan on this site. Anyway, I've got an exclusive for you lot. I live close by to the Easts that play at Langslands park and in the Queensland Cup. I've heard from word of mouth and people in the 'know' that Tim Smith [HALFBACK] (Parramatta Eels, 2005 Rookie of the year whom beat Greg Inglis) is expected to sign with them as a stepping-stone to getting back into Rugby League in Australia. As usual, Easts are allowed to dual-register two or so players with the Broncos as they are the Broncos feeder club (one of the four). Therefore we could have a VERY talented ball-player in 2010.

Sure I'm annoyed it's not a Prop, but it's still a decent signing if true. With Lockyer as his mentor, we could be preparing for life without Lockyer already.

Therefore, by all reports, either:

1) Wallace could be on the outer.
2) Wallace could be going to Five-Eighth and Lockyer back to Fullback in 2010 to prolong his career.

OR

3) Wallace could be shifting to Lock, thus creating an extra man in attack. Great tackler and is known to have taken his tackling ability from playing in the Forwards growing up.

2010 is shaping up to be an interesting year.

And signing Tim Smith would be a 'surprising signing' like Broncos Fan! noted.

Smiley

Bench
So we are going to turf an Representative Halfback for a guy with a checked past.

From what I've heard is that Smith has only signed with Easts not the Broncos.

I'm surprised that he decided to sign with a QLD CUP team when teams like Newcastle, Cronulla and New Zealand are looking for half-backs.

The only reason I can think of is he wants to be closer to family.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Major fan on this site. Anyway, I've got an exclusive for you lot. I live close by to the Easts that play at Langslands park and in the Queensland Cup. I've heard from word of mouth and people in the 'know' that Tim Smith [HALFBACK] (Parramatta Eels, 2005 Rookie of the year whom beat Greg Inglis) is expected to sign with them as a stepping-stone to getting back into Rugby League in Australia. As usual, Easts are allowed to dual-register two or so players with the Broncos as they are the Broncos feeder club (one of the four). Therefore we could have a VERY talented ball-player in 2010.

Sure I'm annoyed it's not a Prop, but it's still a decent signing if true. With Lockyer as his mentor, we could be preparing for life without Lockyer already.

Therefore, by all reports, either:

1) Wallace could be on the outer.
2) Wallace could be going to Five-Eighth and Lockyer back to Fullback in 2010 to prolong his career.

OR

3) Wallace could be shifting to Lock, thus creating an extra man in attack. Great tackler and is known to have taken his tackling ability from playing in the Forwards growing up.

2010 is shaping up to be an interesting year.

And signing Tim Smith would be a 'surprising signing' like Broncos Fan! noted.

Yea, Smith has signed. But only with Easts at this point in time. He will be a good backup to have around next year and if his QLD Cup form is good we could see him play a bit of first grade. However, he is not the 'surprise signing'.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
So we are going to turf an Representative Halfback for a guy with a checked past.

I'm surprised that he decided to sign with a QLD CUP team when teams like Newcastle, Cronulla and New Zealand are looking for half-backs.

I read in an article that he wanted to return to QLD and he would be happy to play on minimum wage.

Timmah6991

Juniors

Tim Smith isn't really a bad egg, just some psychological issues like Andrew Johns has; and we all know how good Andrew was. I wouldn't say (if we signed him) his signing would be in spite of Peter Wallace, but more at looking to the future and beyond.

And why wouldn't they dual-register Smith? Why would you dual-register someone else who could barely scrap first-grade compared to someone with plenty of experence.

Timmah6991

Juniors
Yea, Smith has signed. But only with Easts at this point in time. He will be a good backup to have around next year and if his QLD Cup form is good we could see him play a bit of first grade. However, he is not the 'surprise signing'.

So are you in the same boat as all of us and don't know who the actual person is, or are you just trying to tease the lot of us?

Broncos fan!

Juniors
So are you in the same boat as all of us and don't know who the actual person is, or are you just trying to tease the lot of us?

No, I have no clue who it is. On RLeague one of the members, Hancock has a good idea of who it is but he isn't aloud to say. He also said Smith wasn't the 'surprise signing' or something like that. The suspense is killing me but I guess we will just have to wait and see. Hopefully the person is worth waiting for. :D

Timmah6991

Juniors
No, I have no clue who it is. On RLeague one of the members, Hancock has a good idea of who it is but he isn't aloud to say. He also said Smith wasn't the 'surprise signing' or something like that. The suspense is killing me but I guess we will just have to wait and see. Hopefully the person is worth waiting for. :D

I pray to God it isn't another bloody back.

You mightn't know personally who the person is, but surely you might have some suspicions? Chuck us a name, mightn't be true but it'd still create some discussion on these forums.:D

Did Hancock give a date for when this mystery player will be revealed?:shock:

Broncos fan!

Juniors
I pray to God it isn't another bloody back.

You mightn't know personally who the person is, but surely you might have some suspicions? Chuck us a name, mightn't be true but it'd still create some discussion on these forums.:D

Did Hancock give a date for when this mystery player will be revealed?:shock:

Someone said it's Petero signing for 2011 for 2 years. I have a feeling that the guy was just taking the p*ss though because Petero will be really old by then however Hancock says that he does fit the info given and there have been other rumour about him. Take that how you want... Personally my gut feeling is that It's not Petero but it will be a good forward.

Honestly, you have as much of an idea of who it could be (if there even is going to be one at all) as I do. The suspense is killing me though! :crazy:

There is no info on a date yet.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Tungavai to Saints, Halatau and Turner to Bulldogs, Poore and Tahu to Eels, Chase Stanley to Storm and Bird maybe to the Titans and Broncos minus Hunt and Taylor. How the hell do we hope to improve in 2010. We were a whisker from imploding this year, Clinton couldn't lead crap down an S bend and Natusch ranked about 8th in a list from a team knocked out in week 1. This better be a rabbit and a half from your hat Bruno ! I am seriously one nervous Bronco supporter at present.:roll:

DeeJ

Bench
By everyone you mean ponies4ever. I think most people on this forum are pleased with the year Clinton has had except for ponies, who posts his own delusions about him in every thread.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Sorry to offend, I've offered Joel to be an honest player but I am miffed to be losing the quality of Dave Taylor on the figures bandied about.
Joel Clinton 275k
Dave Taylor 750k 3yr package at Souths or 250k
First we lost Civo, then Hannant and now Coal Train, It's not that I believe Joel does not contribute merely I believe our pack needs an inspirational leader at present to match the likes of the Storm, Eels, Dogs etc. But hey 275k on a fella coming off the bench and regularly coughing up the ball is a great use of our cap........and I'm delusional.:sarcasm:

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Sorry to offend, I've offered Joel to be an honest player but I am miffed to be losing the quality of Dave Taylor on the figures bandied about.
Joel Clinton 275k
Dave Taylor 750k 3yr package at Souths or 250k
First we lost Civo, then Hannant and now Coal Train, It's not that I believe Joel does not contribute merely I believe our pack needs an inspirational leader at present to match the likes of the Storm, Eels, Dogs etc. But hey 275k on a fella coming off the bench and regularly coughing up the ball is a great use of our cap........and I'm delusional.:sarcasm:

Yes, extremely f**king delusional.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Matey the last thing I ever got on this site was to argue with other Broncos fans in a nasty fashion, if the figures posted are incorrect I am more than happy to be corrected. It might well ease my angst on the whole situation. I am totally fine with any Broncos fan that likes Joel Clinton but I reserve my right to feel money could be spent better elsewhere. Israel Falou and even Justin Hodges have copped it on this forum and look at their performances. But in keeping with respecting a fellow Broncos supporter I will refrain from deriding Joel Clinton as your opinion is as important as the next Bronco supporter.

Latest posts