What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Draw - click here

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
Is it going to be yet another bloody season where the Roosters and Rabbitohs square off in round one? Paying 1.02 at Sportstab.

More than likely. :roll:

The odds for Sandow getting injured early and leaving Souths a man down will be $1.05 for the record. ;-)

innsaneink

Referee
You really have something wrong if you're going to continue to harp on about this. The 2009 Draw is released tomorrow, with Lockyer and Wing featuring in the announcement. Now f*ck off and stop being a sad old man, and annoy someone else.

You can dish it out fatso, but you cant cop it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
This forum isn't about dishing out and copping it, merkin. If you want to spar with me, start something in TFC. Leave the nonsense out of here and let the discussion take place on the topic. You're disputing to annoy, not to disprove anything. Trying to start a fight, not correct wrongly posted information.

Wanna continue? PM me. Otherwise, not interested.

innsaneink

Referee
This forum isn't about dishing out and copping it, merkin. If you want to spar with me, start something in TFC. Leave the nonsense out of here and let the discussion take place on the topic. You're disputing to annoy, not to disprove anything. Trying to start a fight, not correct wrongly posted information.

Wanna continue? PM me. Otherwise, not interested.

The topic?
You mean the 2009 premiership draw?
Bit hard to discuss it when its not released until tomorrow, but we all know you have to go off early....and you reckon I have a problem.
What is it, you need to start threads that will see many posts...is it a compensatory thing....?

Timmah

Staff member
Hmmm... you read far too much into things.

I started this thread as a "news on fixtures" type thing (see the title of the second and third posts) seeing as Souths had announced some away game news. I then spotted the article in an NRL.com newsletter I received about Wing & Lockyer announcing the draw tomorrow and figured if the draw was being released tomorrow why not change it today? Instead I cop a barrage from you about stuff from another thread because you can't help yourself. Seems neither can I - I wasn't going to reply to you.

I hope you realise while these sorts of fights don't paint me in a favourable light, I know plenty of people who see you as an absolute moron for doing it.

For the record, people seem to be happily discussing what might come in just 12 hours time, despite your ranting and raving at me.

innsaneink

Referee
Timmah said:
Leave the nonsense out of here and let the discussion take place on the topic.

Indeed.

Hmmm... you read far too much into things.

I started this thread as a "news on fixtures" type thing (see the title of the second and third posts) seeing as Souths had announced some away game news. I then spotted the article in an NRL.com newsletter I received about Wing & Lockyer announcing the draw tomorrow and figured if the draw was being released tomorrow why not change it today? Instead I cop a barrage from you about stuff from another thread because you can't help yourself. Seems neither can I - I wasn't going to reply to you.

I hope you realise while these sorts of fights don't paint me in a favourable light, I know plenty of people who see you as an absolute moron for doing it.

For the record, people seem to be happily discussing what might come in just 12 hours time, despite your ranting and raving at me.

Timmah

Staff member
:lol: You're easily one of the saddest, most pathetic personalities ever to have graced this forum. F*ck off.

innsaneink

Referee
Half ...or maybe all our venues will be TBA, the club hasnt announced officially its dropped ANZ for the whored out home games...moneys on SFS & SCG.

Timmah

Staff member
Is that at the urging of the NRL, the club itself, the fans? I remember Gallop saying he wanted less non-marquee games to be pulled from ANZ...

no name

Coach
How does the draw work, btw? Does it depend on where all the teams finish on ladder?

Teams rank the home games they want and the NRL works at giving them as many of the higher ranked ones they can.
ie Gold Coast, Brisbane & NQ all request home games against each other as they draw higher crowds,

flamin

Juniors
Venues don't normally get confirmed for a few weeks later, but yes it is much earlier than usual. Last year's announcement took place on October 20 but it seems the NRL want to integrate it into the GF week celebrations. Lockyer & Wing will present the announcement apparently.
Yes I'm pretty sure the NRL want this to be part of regular GF weeks from now on.

hugio

Juniors
GRAND finalists Manly will play the Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium, Homebush, in round one next season.
The NRL will this morning release its draw for 2009 to the public in Martin Place.
The Daily Telegraph has obtained several key dates for next season, including the Sea Eagles-Bulldogs clash in the opening round.
New Dogs halfback Brett Kimmorley will front up to Manly skipper Matt Orford in what should be an intriguing individual contest.
Also in round one, Brisbane will play the Cowboys in an all-Queensland battle.
The Grand Final rematch between Manly and Melbourne will be in round eight at Brookvale Oval.
New Dragons coach Wayne Bennett will return to Suncorp Stadium in round four to play the Broncos.
In a first for rugby league, the Test match between Australia and New Zealand will be played on the same night as City-Country on May 8.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,24428344-5012662,00.html

WTF, 2 rep games on the same night :crazy:

Lungfish

Juniors
I understand lots of people dont like the City v Country because for most players its not a genuine trial though playing it on the same night as the Test is a f**cken disgrace!!

Also Manly v Bulldogs Rnd 1 seems a bit strange..