What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Grand Final - Melbourne 23 def Eels 16 @ ANZ, Sun 4 Oct* NO PREMIERS

2009 Premiers: who will it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Devilous

Juniors
Normally I'd agree but he was covering defensively on the left defensive side. The kick went to the other side, straight to poor old Smith, who let it go to poor old Inglis.

Being a bit generous there, he wasn't even aware the ball was coming to him. He was just looking at Jarryd Hayne the whole time.

MKEB...

Staff member
I have never seen seen some one get MoM purely for turning up before. Really, did Slater do anything special that Cronk/Blair didnt do?

Shorty

Staff member
Cronk deserved Clive Churchill, 4 GFs and this bloke has barely got any recognition for being a pivotal part of Melbourne's success.

As for the game, Parra just weren't going to be able to do it being so under the pump.
What made them so great in the finals and back end of the year was that they had the confidence to pull off the plays they did.
With pressure they crumbled and Hayne was just so ineffective.

Red Bear

Referee
Thought Moi Moi should've been CC medal winner to be honest, he was supurb.

Melbourne too good in the first half, and Parra's average kicking from their halves really didnt help.

Apey

Staff member
4 GFs and this bloke has barely got any recognition for being a pivotal part of Melbourne's success.

I'm not sure about getting the medal, but his game definitely went under the radar. They ran hard at him tonight and he handled it well. Fantastic in attack too.

Carnifex

Juniors
OHHHHHHH YEAH BABY!! All you bandwagoner eels fans with your stupid f**king flags on your cars...shove em up yo ass!!!

To the REAL eels fans who go through thick and thin.....really tough luck for you guys. but you should be sooo proud of your boys...not only for the way they played in 09...but coming back and almost getting us in the big one.

Cronk, turner, GI, Blair, Tandy and Hoffy were awesome too night,. im not fussed who got the CC......JUST THAT WE GOT THE WIN!! WOOOOOOAAAAHAA! feels so good that there so many people out there that HATE the storm for petty sh*t hanging their heads!

2010...5 in a row!

Butters

Bench
f**k yeah Melbourne!!! It was a nail biter of a game, i almost had a f**ken heart attack when it was 22-16 but Melbourne held their nerve and cam through in the end.

Suck sh*t El Dickhead and Misty!!!

pantherz9103

First Grade
Congratulations Melbourne, I'm really happy for them to overcome last year's bad loss and the sydney media's parra parochialism by winning this game. I'm happy because part of me still identifies with Melbourne as I spent the first five years of my life there. They've certainly edged out the Broncos as the team of the decade with that win.

Chin up Eels fans, I'm very envious about your season. You may have fallen short but you turned a seeming nothing year into one to remember, next year the expectations will be high, let's see if they can live up to them.

OHHHHHHH YEAH BABY!! All you bandwagoner eels fans with your stupid f**king flags on your cars...shove em up yo ass!!!

To the REAL eels fans who go through thick and thin.....really tough luck for you guys. but you should be sooo proud of your boys...not only for the way they played in 09...but coming back and almost getting us in the big one.

Cronk, turner, GI, Blair, Tandy and Hoffy were awesome too night,. im not fussed who got the CC......JUST THAT WE GOT THE WIN!! WOOOOOOAAAAHAA! feels so good that there so many people out there that HATE the storm for petty sh*t hanging their heads!

2010...5 in a row!

Ditto..."WE ARE THE STORM AND WE'RE NUMBER 1"...Blair or Turner should have got MOM..but in the end who cares...

STORM...CHAMPIONS...enjoy folks.;-)

Thought Moi Moi should've been CC medal winner to be honest, he was supurb.

Melbourne too good in the first half, and Parra's average kicking from their halves really didnt help.

Are you serious...how about Blair, Cronk, Tandy, Hoffman ??....obviously not as good as Moi Moi...stop reading the propoganda.

Garts

Bench
Better team won, score probably flatters the Eels. Just heard Slater was awarded CC, a bit shocked by that. Whilst he was solid I thought others were better. Got the award as the people choosing probably could not decide as it was a real team effort so they probably thought Slaters wins the most mom awards for the Storm so we might as well give it to him.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They have a penchant for giving the CCM to big name players in a lot of cases. I would've rated the following as best on ground, in order:

Cronk
Hoffman
Slater
Moimoi
Inglis
Hindmarsh

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
mel-premiers09.jpg

bartman

Immortal
Blair or Turner should have got MOM..
Yep, they were my choices before the announcement, although you just knew it would end up being a "name" player...

Congrats Storm. Well played. Better defence, better execution, better control.

eels2009

Juniors
First off I would have to say I was dissapointed by the tony archer call against moi moi towards the end just when the eels had their momentum going and it seemed that extra time was a real option.

That said, the storm happened to play the better footy on the day. They were as many put it 'clinical' in their defense and execution of plays. And beside that dodgy call, the storm wanted it more just by the way they were playing so I say congrats

I was suprised to see the CC medal go to billy slater and his butter fingers, funnily enough, jarryd hayne caught the butter fingers infection himself:lol:

They have a penchant for giving the CCM to big name players in a lot of cases. I would've rated the following as best on ground, in order:

Cronk
Hoffman
Slater
Moimoi
Inglis
Hindmarsh

Mine would have been:

Turner
Blair
Hoffman
Moimoi