What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Jerseys/Playing Strips, Sponsors, Logos etc

Penrith really have to do something about their guernseys. THey have been rubbish for a while, probably since after their GF win. And their away jersey has to be the worst jersey ever, even worse than that aweful Brisbane 3rd alternate from a number of years ago that was aqua.

Nuke

Staff member
Are you suggesting that fans of other clubs would protest if St George-Illawarra no longer wore a shirt with a red V? I'm not sure if you are being facetious or not, but I couldn't care less if your club wore garbage bags with holes cut in the sides.
To be honest mate, I think you're in the minority here.

99% is an obviously exaggerated figure, but I believe far more people than not would care if St.George-Illawarra dumped the famous Red 'V' jersey. I know I would.

The Tank

Bench
I wouldn't protest that's for sure. I don't really care that much TBH but I don't want them to change. It's an icon.

_Johnsy

Referee
Yes, 99% figure was a pisstake, however even people who dislike St George would still want the big red V, it's iconic.

Much like the original rabbitohs original myrtle and green design.
2007_southsretrojers_120.jpg

I hate cronulla but I want them to wear this design, because it is their best strip.
2008_cronulretro.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The purpose of a jersey is to represent the club and provide a uniform for the team to wear, not to be "entertaining".

I do think Canterbury's jersey is starting to look a bit dated. They have been wearing it since '97 in Super League, and need a change. Their Heratige strip is extremely popular, and maybe they could revert to the old design of their home strip too (i.e. '95 GF)

Timmah

Staff member
The blue V has been a trademark of the club since the 60's/70's and in many opinions is as important to us as the Dragons' red v. Perhaps not as iconic but certainly as treasured. Do what you will with the away strip (I do like the current one) but the blue v must stay, regardless of any similarities to SL.

hellteam

First Grade
I think he's saying that the current version of the V started in Super League and now looks dated. Should go back to the V that was worn before Super League I reckon.

innsaneink

Referee
The blue V has been a trademark of the club since the 60's/70's and in many opinions is as important to us as the Dragons' red v. Perhaps not as iconic but certainly as treasured. Do what you will with the away strip (I do like the current one) but the blue v must stay, regardless of any similarities to SL.

Amazing how Vs can be so similar yet so very very different.
Your current jersey is puke.
This one is and will always be terrific.
p-79-01.jpg

Timmah

Staff member
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to go back to it - but only those who hold on to SL are the ones who actually care about the look and design.

beave

Coach
God I wish the cowboys would go back to the original 1995 design................the one for this year and next year is f$%king disgraceful. Even the away one looks like $hit.