What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Jerseys/Playing Strips, Sponsors, Logos etc

_Johnsy

Referee
Roosters best

roostersagain_wideweb__470x312,0.jpg

Raiders best
0,,5993910,00.jpg

Ours is always the same, thank christ
leaguep64_wideweb__470x310,0.jpg

warriors are ok, dont change too much like the current one
lg_warriors%202007%20jersey%20-%20home.jpg

_Johnsy

Referee
Newcastle
johns_~2.jpg

TBH I still have not liked any of the wt jumpers, they look like a kid has eaten 1kg of white, orange & black crayons and vomited them up. Hopefully they can get a decent one soon.

Parra's best
parramatta-eels.jpg

Penrith's best
http://www.nospam09.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/penrith-panthers-2003-nrl-premiers-scott-sattler-rhys-wesser.jpg

Gold Coast's best
lewis.jpg

South's best
rabbs_jersey%20mat_65843.jpg

Nuke

Staff member
I agree with half of your favourites (Brisbane, Cronulla, Sydney, Canberra, St.George-Illawarra, NZ Warriors, Penrith, and Souths), however my preferences for the others are:
Newcastle: 1988-96 (particularly the 1994-96 variation)
Gold Coast: (although not the Titans) 1996-98
Wests Tigers: I have no major problems with their current kits. They haven't had a lot of good ones to choose from though ...
Melbourne: Theirs has barely changed from day one. I preferred the one with the yellow collar but ...
Parramatta: Again, I have nothing against the current designs (however I would ditch the white one ... very unnecessary I feel)
Nth Qld: 1995-96
Manly: Either their current jerseys or the 1994-97 style.
Canterbury: The design they had prior to their SuperLeague one. I don't know when that one came in, but I preferred their more recent version of it (which finished after the 1996 season).

yakstorm

First Grade
Storm (strip: KooGa - jersey images click home and away)
Medibank Private (front)
Suzuki (sleeves)
HostPlus Superannuation Fund (back top & bottom)
Jayco (shorts)

Medibank Private has been confirmed as stepping down from their major partner position with the Storm for the 2009 season, so it seems likely HostPlus will take the front of jersey spot for the new season.

Suziki and Jayco are all confirmed for the new year.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Given the Storm jerseys have been produced and released to manufacture, I'd probably question the validity of that claim...

Timmah

Staff member
I believe Melbourne's site and Medibank's site. Just me.

yakstorm

First Grade
I believe Melbourne's site and Medibank's site. Just me.

Okay if you're going to go off the Melbourne Storm website, you need to look at their Membership module, not off their main site as their main site still has Reebok on there and will be replaced in early 09.

If you go off this page you will see only Hostplus is mentioned
https://www.clubsonline.com.au/regi...id=24646490&cftoken=56138234&dts=712200858733

Next if you go off their Membership brochure and look at their sponsors list on page 24 you will see Medibank is no longer listed
http://erez.printgraphics.com.au/er...ize,PageSounds&cfg=pages_presets/PG_STORM.fsi

The last page also lists HostPlus as the only 'Major Partner'.

Finally if we look at what merchandise has been released, you will see no mention of Medibank:
LMel9-Polo-Purple-K-4.jpg

LMel08-Sing-Tee-K-4.jpg

LMel9-Shorts-Kooga-4.jpg

It is a bit wierd that all their other significant partners, HostPlus, Suziki, Jayco and Kooga all appear on the gear, but no where is there Medibank.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
methinks parra will be having new sleeve sponsors in 2009.

saw the 2009 version in the stores today, the sleeves have no sponsors logo
pirtek and sew-eurodrive are still on the jersey at the moment.

hellteam

First Grade
Super League is generally seen as a bad time in rugby league's history and I would think having the Super League jersey only continues these bad feelings. As other people have said, why not go back to the pre- Super League V ?

AILD

Bench
Given the Storm jerseys have been produced and released to manufacture, I'd probably question the validity of that claim...

well your a dickbag.

it was announced in the storm membership brochure that medibank were no longer sponsors with the storm.

Timmah

Staff member
Fair call if you've got all that together yak - I was just looking at the already-made jersey on www.goodscore.com.au with medibank still plastered over the front.

AILD

Bench
yeh i spoke to the goodscore bloke...he wasnt aware of the sponsorship change either.