What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Jerseys/Playing Strips, Sponsors, Logos etc

Agreed. The designer over at Gazzzaf Design (who does some top work) did some mock up jerseys for the 2008 season, the Broncos jersey's being better than the strip currently on offer both in colours and sponsor integration.

broncosalternatedh5.jpg

Check the rest of his work at: http://www.gazzzaf.tk/

In particular I rate the Raiders alternate jersey and the Storm and Panther strips.

FMD the bronco's should be using these ...

The Colonel

Immortal
At a quick guess.

Snake = Rainbow Serpent and would tie into the clubs Aboriginal heritage.

The tribal markings would tie into many of the players Polynesian and Maori heritage.

Southern Cross = Ties into the Australian heritage.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Jeezus that is awful. Looks like Ken Done and Rusty got together for a circle jerk and came up with that result. :sick:

MattJ

Juniors
Its not officialy the away jersey, but a 3rd alternate strip the NRL apparently requires clubs to have now (first i'd heard of that too?)
It'll probably only be worn one game a year if we play the raiders away, the boys had to play in the u20's style jerseys for that same game during the season just past.
I dont know if i like it, i know i dont hate it, i'll probably buy one at the end of next season discounted just too add to the collection.

skeepe

Immortal
Its not officialy the away jersey, but a 3rd alternate strip the NRL apparently requires clubs to have now (first i'd heard of that too?).

It's only a requirement for clubs that are so stubborn they make their alternate strip almost identical to their main strip.

Ryan

Juniors
So, Ummmmmm - where's Nab?
Don't tell me they've pulled the pin after one year only - they signed a 3 year deal !
It looks like someone has accidentally left a jersey on a newspaper in the rain, and the newpaper ink leaked.

Manly's new home jersey is the best ! It looks like men actually wear it.

MattJ

Juniors
So, Ummmmmm - where's Nab?
Don't tell me they've pulled the pin after one year only - they signed a 3 year deal !

It looks like someone has accidentally left a jersey on a newspaper in the rain, and the newpaper ink leaked.

Manly's new home jersey is the best ! It looks like men actually wear it.

Souths have seperate sponsorship for there home and away strips.
NAB is on our home uniform and Delongi is away.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They don't actually have an away game vs the Raiders if memory serves me correctly... which seems rather odd :?, but they say the NRL requires them to have a third jersey. From memory they are they only team - other clubs have much more contrasting H&A jerseys.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
Whats wrong with having the original bunnies jumper, just reverse the myrtle and green for the alternate/away jumper

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They still have the same main and alternate strips. The picture above is a third alternate strip required for away matches against teams in green (namely Canberra, whom they actually don't travel to in 2009).

Latest posts