What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Jerseys/Playing Strips, Sponsors, Logos etc

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Well the Sea Eagles away is a reverse of their main strip, but I see what you're saying. Wish the Broncs could use that yellow colour with maroon as their away,

:? No it's not.

I think the cotton jerseys are far more comfortable for everyday wear, compared with the polyester jerseys you buy. Saw the Roosters heritage strip in Rebel the other day, probably the best jersey around IMO.
I love the cotton jerseys (particularly with a 3/4 sleeve), nothing is better than them when it comes to watching the footy in winter. Unfortunately, I highly doubt that we will ever see them again, even though most teams have a jersey easily replicated in cotton. Hell, even the cheap knock offs you get from Big W et all are made with polyester rather than cotton!

Timmah

Staff member
Well the colours are.. I thought that's what he meant

True.

The only teams who alternate jerseys are a properly done reverse of their main jersey are the 'Dogs, Titans, Eels, Rabbits & Knights (sort of) and Warriors. Oh, and the Tigers if you don't count the white anniversary strip.

miccle

Bench
FMD. Loved the jerseys on the Broncos last night, but I deadset thought we were in the white on at least 10 occasions. That Warriors jersey is so similar to our away one, and the thought that I could hardly recognise my team in a mostly-yellow jersey saddens me. A lot.

I've honestly never been able to see why the Broncos don't just reverse their home strip for the alternate jersey. Mostly maroon or mostly yellow - will clash with no other side.

Timmah

Staff member
I don't understand why the Warriors didn't wear their black strip last night tbh...

Gibbo

Juniors
Next years Titans jerseys were in the sun mail yeaterday, anyone got a pic?

Home: New collar, white adidas stripes on sleevs, a littlle darker blue
Alt:White with blue sword watermark and yellow adidas stripes on sleeves(waiting to see in flesh before giving opinion)
Heritage: Ummm.."captures a swirl seaside effect" ha ha

Frailty

First Grade
I don't like them... They are hideous...

I was thinking the computer images in that first post were much better... and the Giants heritage strip would have been much better than some disgusting 'waves' jersey!

The Tank

Bench
I don't like them either but the GC fans do so that's all that really matters. Love adidas designs though - wish Penrith had adidas - just a simple all black with three white stripes. But of course my crappy club will always aim for some no-hoper company.

Timmah

Staff member
IMG.jpg

Jono078

Referee
Awesome stuff. The heritage one will probably go down as one of the worst jerseys though IMO.

EDIT: Just noticed the 3 sword things in the middle of their jerseys.. That looks stupid, should be plain there and then it'd be sweet.

Last edited:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
at least the titans are trying to do soemthing a bit different ratehr than just having boring block colours.

i hope the broncos change their jersey design, and by that i mean not just change the trim colour

Chook Norris

First Grade
Yuck. Not a fan I must say. Their current one kills the new one IMO.
imo, the titans really needed to change (for $$ and other reasons)
the current one was getting quite boring tbh

i like the darker colour, not sure about those wavy designs though.

beave

Coach
those Titans strips are woeful, especially that wave heritage one......how the f$@k is that a heritage jersey??

beave

Coach
I know Lowes up here was selling them. And at a cheaper rate to everywhere else, i think they were $110.

Latest posts