What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Jerseys/Playing Strips, Sponsors, Logos etc

_Johnsy

Referee
Yeah I know choppies, I just dont rate reeboks supporter gears, or their designs generally. Will be interesting to see what they come up with though.

LESStar58

Referee
Hopefully Storm stay with KooGaa for a while. And we are good for them too. Knights are good for the brand as well seeing as they are relatively unknown as sportsgoods/rugby jersey suppliers here.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
parra-matters am I right in saying the 'Dogs are sticking with x-Blades for a few seasons now? Their products are good quality IMO, liking the range too. Question then becomes whether we tinker with the design given our new logo in 2010.

beave

Coach
I reckon the dogs should go to a more 80's-90's design with the V like this

terry_lamb2.jpg

parra-matters am I right in saying the 'Dogs are sticking with x-Blades for a few seasons now? Their products are good quality IMO, liking the range too. Question then becomes whether we tinker with the design given our new logo in 2010.
Yes Timmah, as far as I know they are staying with X-Blades (Kos sports) for a while. Supply was a issue for them with Nike and that hasn't been the case with X-Blades.

Timmah

Staff member
Oh I know... our 2008 jerseys weren't in stock until about this time last year, f**king atrocious. 2009 and IIRC the jerseys were ready by early Feb.

Timmah

Staff member
You might be in the know on this... I ordered a Blues Origin polo a few weeks back and got called back by the store I ordered it from saying they were no longer manufacturing it... am I right to assume they're manufacturing the versions of the same merch with Aussie on it instead of Wizard?

You might be in the know on this... I ordered a Blues Origin polo a few weeks back and got called back by the store I ordered it from saying they were no longer manufacturing it... am I right to assume they're manufacturing the versions of the same merch with Aussie on it instead of Wizard?
No not til next year, i questioned Classic sportswear when i got my NSW jerseys in because they had Wizard on them but all the point of sale signs that came with them had Aussie and they said that Aussie had taken over sponsorship but it was too late to change production as most of it was already produced and Aussie said they could run with Wizard on the jerseys, polos and caps for this series. If Aussie wanted it changed they would have had to play Classic for the stock already produced.

choc_soldier

Coach
I wish Penrith would wear either the licorice all-sorts or their 80s design...

I have heard that the licorice allsorts jersey will re-appear for a one off match against Canberra, to commemorate the 1991 GF. Not this year, but maybe next year...

Nuke

Staff member
I know KooGa are trying to have at least one team in KooGa gear in every major state / national competition in all sports. They contacted my club a couple of months ago, and we've decided to go with them for season 2010 at least. In fact, our Under12's team at the last minute required new jerseys about this time, so we quickly designed up some jerseys for them, and KooGa have made them. I am yet to see them for myself, but have been told they are look and feel awesome.

I rate KooGa quite highly at the moment (and not just because they make really good supporter gear for Newcastle). CCC I've lost a bit of a liking for since they introduced that stupid crooked collar and the body lines things.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I know KooGa are trying to have at least one team in KooGa gear in every major state / national competition in all sports. They contacted my club a couple of months ago, and we've decided to go with them for season 2010 at least. In fact, our Under12's team at the last minute required new jerseys about this time, so we quickly designed up some jerseys for them, and KooGa have made them. I am yet to see them for myself, but have been told they are look and feel awesome.

I rate KooGa quite highly at the moment (and not just because they make really good supporter gear for Newcastle). CCC I've lost a bit of a liking for since they introduced that stupid crooked collar and the body lines things.

Hope you have more luck than my SL team. They sent the red and white shirts that had a nice pink tinge to them! Had to send the whole stock back for a replacement.

The quality and material of Kooga is good but their supporter gear is poor imo and features their logo with far more prominence than the clubs!

84.jpg

hellteam

First Grade
Manly are the big losers here... Reebok to ISC. Titans would be happy with Adidas, and although Dragons supporters might not want Reebok, they're still better then ISC and Canterbury