What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Jerseys/Playing Strips, Sponsors, Logos etc

beave

Coach
yeah agreed, was f#$king terrible, though the original aqua design wasn't in the diamond form, it was more like the older style brisbane jersey without the multi white stripes in the middle, with more of a single wavy white line. I will hunt through my old bronco magazines from when I was a kid to see if I can find a picture of it.

from memory the original aqua version was used because those colours at the time were seen as the most "marketable" to kids and teenagers. Me thinks the Charlotte hornets had a lot to do with it at the time, a lot of teenagers were getting around in the early 90's with their merchandise, and they had similar colours (purple, carolina blue, white)

_Johnsy

Referee
yeah agreed, was f#$king terrible, though the original aqua design wasn't in the diamond form, it was more like the older style brisbane jersey without the multi white stripes in the middle, with more of a single wavy white line. I will hunt through my old bronco magazines from when I was a kid to see if I can find a picture of it.

from memory the original aqua version was used because those colours at the time were seen as the most "marketable" to kids and teenagers. Me thinks the Charlotte hornets had a lot to do with it at the time, a lot of teenagers were getting around in the early 90's with their merchandise, and they had similar colours (purple, carolina blue, white)

Cheers mate, and its good to see you came to your senses and gave them the flick, eventually.

beave

Coach
hehehe, well, they were dark days in my life, one's that I am not proud of ;-)

hard to not change teams though, I went to school right next to Dairy Farmers in the 80's and lived just up the road as well.

Patorick

Staff member
newcastle tonight

00003328-image.jpg

Knightmare

Coach
AT LEAST three clubs are planning to change their jerseys next year.
Cronulla are set to dump their traditional home strip for one with a sky-blue body, white shoulders and black V.
Canberra's away jersey will be predominantly black and charcoal, while Penrith will opt for a teal and white number when they travel in 2010.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,25924331-5016552,00.html

:lol: Stupid Sharks. Only they would honestly still think they could come up with a better design than their traditional one!

Tom Shines

First Grade
Wasn't the only other aqua jersey Brisbane wore was the one against Manly in 1998? It was aqua and blue in a similar design to the Adelaide Rams one.

Nuke

Staff member
Yeah, I remember that. It was actually the same design as their jerseys at the time (the uniform SuperLeague design) but with the aqua colours.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The 2002 one pictured a page or two back is still in the generic Super League template, you can see the three groin-pointing arrows at the bottom.

Latest posts