What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Jerseys/Playing Strips, Sponsors, Logos etc

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Then why ask anyone if they've heard if you know? :lol:

S.R.

Juniors
Cos I haven't heard if it is changing, only that it has been "looked at" for next season.

Sharks fans will blow up if it changes.

Timmah

Staff member
Well it's been the way it is now for three seasons, it's almost tradition for many clubs for a change I guess.

'Dogs are likely to change with the new logo and it being three seasons now for our current version of the design.

forward pass

Coach
Something I noticed on the weekend and sorry if someone has already brought it up, but why in Gods name do the knights wear clown socks on the field?

They look absolutely ridiculous. In fact they look pink and blue. Even my young daughter was laughing at their funny socks.

Can't be bothered posting a pic but they seriously need to be looked at.

Nuke

Staff member
I've not been a fan of Newcastle's socks since they changed them to the current design (last year and this year so far). Considering the minimal amount of red on the rest of the kit, I find it odd that they'd choose to go 50:50 of blue and red on the socks. *EDIT* The socks are more 70:30 blue:red than 50:50 like I thought they were. There's still more red on them than the rest of the kit.
Here is the current socks:
6.jpg

My favourite design of Newcastle's socks was the previous design. I would love for them to go back to using these ones again:
2006_knightsssupsox.jpg

Last edited:

God-King Dean

Immortal
I have no opinion either way on the Knight jersey, but the socks are pretty bad. Looks like something out of a Dr Seuss book.

Timmah

Staff member
The red jersey is for Steelers fans. White jersey would be a bad idea.
Aware of both, never said anything about it. I was pointing out that the three stripes remained on the strip despite someone's claim that the NRL didn't want the previous "Liverpool" design due to some sort of sub-branding issue.

Aware of both, never said anything about it. I was pointing out that the three stripes remained on the strip despite someone's claim that the NRL didn't want the previous "Liverpool" design due to some sort of sub-branding issue.
Won't matter next year as Reebok are doing dragons and they won't put 3 stripes on it.

beave

Coach
they had an even worse aqua one in 1995, I think they used it in the 7's, I remember it had "traveland" on it.

_Johnsy

Referee
they had an even worse aqua one in 1995, I think they used it in the 7's, I remember it had "traveland" on it.

The one I meant is the one with a diamond pattern. The wore it once, got smashed and never wore it again.