What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Jerseys/Playing Strips, Sponsors, Logos etc

innsaneink

Referee
Shhh...dont tell WTs, its a surprise.

2009weststigersjerseyzc8.jpg

Decade anniversary strip to be worn against the Broncos I believe.

Spitty

Juniors
Not a bad looking jerseys, but this has got to be the 100th jersey they've had as a JV. Between the different, home jerseys, away jerseys, heritage Balmain jerseys, heritage wests jerseys and now a 10 year anniversary jersey. It must be frustating for the fans who are parting with there hard earned.

innsaneink

Referee
As I said on our official page, Im glad i'm not one that collects every jersey.
We also have a special trial game jersey too, there was team of the century jersey, world 7's jersey, WCC jumper...the list is endless

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Certainly agreed. Another one-off jersey... just seems OTT.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Shhh...dont tell WTs, its a surprise.

2009weststigersjerseyzc8.jpg

Decade anniversary strip to be worn against the Broncos I believe.

bleh....

given that the wests tigers colours have been predominantly black and gold with some white i'm not udnertsanding why they'd make an anniversary strip primarily white

hellteam

First Grade
I like the design of the jersey though it goes more with their Magpies/Tigers heritage. It would be good if they used that design of the jersey on the home and away with one of the jerseys being predominately black with an orange and white V. And the other jersey could be predominately orange with a black and white V

Timmah

Staff member
Bulldogs will have four jerseys in 2009:

Home
3.jpg

Away
4.jpg

Heritage Round
5.jpg

Retro
6.jpg

Timmah

Staff member
Melbourne's away jersey to correspond with the home posted earlier by AILD:

2.jpg

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I reckon that Bulldogs one would look better with a major sponsor ... :sarcasm:

Why is it so many away strips look like sh*t when companies try and be unique from the home strip or add way too much white? Melbourne, Manly, St George, Parramatta, Balmain, etc have away strips for 2009 that are ugly!

Timmah

Staff member
When did the Dogs wear that retro jersey ?
Um, they're 2009 jerseys. They haven't worn it yet :?
Why is it so many away strips look like sh*t when companies try and be unique from the home strip or add way too much white? Melbourne, Manly, St George, Parramatta, Balmain, etc have away strips for 2009 that are ugly!
The whole point of an away strip is to be either the inverse of, or removed from the home strip, in order to not clash. All the clubs you listed have had those designs for at least a year.

Knightmare

Coach
I still maintain the Broncos' away one should be the reverse of their home jersey. Mostly yellow with maroon strips would look way better than that irrelevant get-up they have currently. Being a Queensland team I thought they'd have more pride in the maroon?

hellteam

First Grade
Agree. White would be alright but just with maroon/yellow down the side instead of dark blue, which really has nothing to do with the Broncos

DeeJ

Bench
But doesn't the Broncs white and blue jersey represent the city of Brisvegas? Isn't that the colours of the city?

The colours of Brisbane are blue and gold. I guess the theory with the away uniform was to go with something completely opposite and not that many teams had white jerseys when it was introduced.

Timmah

Staff member
It would truly make sense for Brisbane to use yellow with maroon panels... they are the two club colours from 1988 and have more or less been those since then... why white and blue enter into it is beyond me...

Latest posts