What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Jerseys/Playing Strips, Sponsors, Logos etc

Knightmare

Coach
St George's jersey has "too much white" on it as well. Better than some of the crap they could have gone with.

Nuke

Staff member
Great Britain have disbanded as of the end of the NZ test series last year. They want to build up the strength of the individual nations, and they felt the best way was to do this. Technically, Henson Park Hornets is correct.

nqcowboy87

Bench
Originally Posted by Choppies
New Roosters road jersey

2.jpg

Too much white. Yesterday 07:34 AM***MH***Re: 2009 Jerseys/Playing Strips & Sponsor Updates

what you worried those jerseys might get a bit dirty if thos pre-madonnas from bondi actually make a tackle

ps. i realise what place my side came in this years ladder so dont bother

hellteam

First Grade
hahahha pre-madonna.

second time i've read that today on this site from a different person.

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,24581178-14823,00.html

BULLDOGS CEO Todd Greenberg has admitted his club is "tarnished" and taken the extraordinary initiative of showcasing a charity on the 2009 jersey front to soften poor community perceptions. Camp Quality - which helps children with cancer - will have its logo featured on all official Bulldogs merchandise and communications as part of a wholesale mission to revolutionise the club's tattered image from within. Greenberg recently accepted the Bulldogs' brand needed attention after the salary cap and Coffs Harbour scandals, followed by a disastrous 2008 in which the club quit its spiritual Belmore base, split from marquee star Sonny Bill Williams and finished with the wooden spoon.
"We can't lie to ourselves any longer - perception is reality," Greenberg said. "People's perceptions about the club need to change and the only ones that can do that are us."
The secret rescue mission began in July, when Greenberg met Camp Quality CEO Simon Rowntree about the landmark alignment.
Despite being offered millions of dollars worth of free exposure, Rowntree was initially wary about linking his charity with an NRL club that boasted such a dubious reputation.
But over the past two months he was convinced that Greenberg, new Bulldogs coach Kevin Moore and every player has a genuine desire to turn things around.
The result is an unprecedented alliance between a single charity and an NRL club, in which the Camp Quality logo will appear alongside the Bulldogs insignia from next season.
It will also feature on the front and back of the jersey until officials secure two new major sponsors.
As part of the relationship, all Bulldogs players and staff will complete Camp Quality induction workshops before graduating to become "buddies" with a sick child.

hellteam

First Grade
Saw this on the internet somewhere.... I think its a cut out of a newspaper article ???

bulldogs09sk0.jpg

anyway its got a picture of a Bulldogs jersey made by X-Blades and with the new sponsor on it so thought it could be the 2009 jersey... can anyone confirm/deny this?

uninspired choice if it is. its pretty much the same as this year except it doesnt look as good.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Saw this on the internet somewhere.... I think its a cut out of a newspaper article ???

bulldogs09sk0.jpg

anyway its got a picture of a Bulldogs jersey made by X-Blades and with the new sponsor on it so thought it could be the 2009 jersey... can anyone confirm/deny this?

uninspired choice if it is. its pretty much the same as this year except it doesnt look as good.

Holdsworth looks like he's about to burst into tears. Maybe he just watched the Fiji v France game and has come to the conclusion that Groom will take his #6 jersey next season :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It will only remain our 2009 jersey if we can't secure a major sponsor between now and March. The design is correct and I like it. It looks less cluttered, it's simple. The yellow won't stand out as much with our new major sponsor whenever that happens, and camp quality will move to just beneath the Bulldogs logo and be much smaller.

AILD

Bench
1.jpg

ummmm....black? :sarcasm:

gone back to the old design aswell...just with no collar.

Timmah

Staff member
Looks like the same design as last year to me... maybe a lighter purple...? And it's clearly navy blue at the top :fist:

hellteam

First Grade
It will only remain our 2009 jersey if we can't secure a major sponsor between now and March. The design is correct and I like it. It looks less cluttered, it's simple. The yellow won't stand out as much with our new major sponsor whenever that happens, and camp quality will move to just beneath the Bulldogs logo and be much smaller.

It's just the Bulldogs Super League jersey again. I would have thought with the move away from Nike X-Blades could have come up with something a bit better... maybe a move back to their pre-superleague style jersey

Last edited:

AILD

Bench
Looks like the same design as last year to me... maybe a lighter purple...? And it's clearly navy blue at the top :fist:

hahaha im a bit colour blind so f**ked if i know...:lol:

its the same as the 06 design....

Timmah

Staff member
It's just the Bulldogs Super League jersey again. I would have thought with the move away from Nike X-Blades could have come up with something a bit better... maybe a move back to their pre-superleague style jersey.

No, it's just last years jersey, but not hugging the skin and without those ridiculous patches under the sleeves.

Melbourne's design is the same as the last few (3-4) years from what I can see.

AILD

Bench
No, it's just last years jersey, but not hugging the skin and without those ridiculous patches under the sleeves.

Melbourne's design is the same as the last few (3-4) years from what I can see.

Last edited:

AILD

Bench
dont mind me...im having a blonde moment, even tho im not blonde......so yeh im just naturally stupid.