What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Ladder... have a go

Redback71

First Grade
a bit early is it not? Maybe I should start my old comp. going, after all the draw is out.

1.eagles
2.titans
3.cowboys
4.dragons
5.eels
6.warriors
7. storm
8. roosters
9.sharks
10.Broncos
11.Tigers

too hard give up.

TheDalek079

Bench
can be sure of two things:

1: Easts
16: souffs

:lol::lol::lol:

spoonsouffs.gif

caylo

Bench
LOL , Honesty where are the trys going to come from other then barrett, other sides will be making him, apart from him 1 or 2 other there is no other attacking option the sharks have, thats why the sharks will struggle their attack is going to be weaker . Barrett will be a hindrance for the sharks because he will be the main sharks attacker once he is shut down cant see the sharks scoring more then 8-10 points a game.

Sharks will be favourites to be the lowest scoring team again next year ,and the sharks defense was only the 4th best this year, and was shown up against the teams who could score points

If they can perform and be up there with Kimmorly at #7, then Barrett and Seymore will a better partnership plus they have a great defencive unit. Althou they arnt flash, they have a speedy backline, and hard nuts upfront. I don't think they will win it, but I think they will be consistant enough to take out the minor premiership.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
can be sure of two things:

1: Easts
16: souffs

:lol::lol::lol:

spoonsouffs.gif

Only a Roosters fan would care so much about another club than his own to have everything on his profile being about their failure rather than his own clubs' success.

You sad sad little man :lol:

Selachimorpha

Juniors
Althou they arnt flash, they have a speedy backline

A speedy backline is one thing the Sharks most certainly do not have. Kearney's quick and Pomeroy can be surprisingly fast when he gets in the open, but other than that speed is the biggest thing the Sharks are missing.

Misi is probably fast but he never gets the ball aside from dummy half runs, Lionheart Simmons is alledgedly fast but you wouldn't know it watching him play, and while Covell is a legend he's not going to be mistaken for Usain Bolt any time soon. If there's a backline in the NRL with less pace than the Sharks current lineup i'd be surprised.

caylo

Bench
A speedy backline is one thing the Sharks most certainly do not have. Kearney's quick and Pomeroy can be surprisingly fast when he gets in the open, but other than that speed is the biggest thing the Sharks are missing.

Misi is probably fast but he never gets the ball aside from dummy half runs, Lionheart Simmons is alledgedly fast but you wouldn't know it watching him play, and while Covell is a legend he's not going to be mistaken for Usain Bolt any time soon. If there's a backline in the NRL with less pace than the Sharks current lineup i'd be surprised.

well Kearney, Pomeroy are who I see as the main strike weapons in the sharks backline. They are both quick, get on the outside of their opponent and can score tries.

They are better off then the Rooster (who other than Mini who is constantly injured, all the backs are slow). The sharks backline reminds me alot of the Manly backline. A few good players but generally under-rated, the addition of a very good 5-8 will only provide better service to these guys.

>zuzu<

Juniors
Its it just me who thinks that Melbourne wont be a top 4 side next year?

Sounds farfetched - but they are losing some quality players.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They'll be around 5th-6th for mine

*awaits someone else dragging up my post outlining where Melb are probably top four*

On that note I'm gonna have another go:

1 Cronulla Sutherland
2 St George Illawarra
3 Manly Warringah
4 Brisbane
5 Bulldogs
6 Melbourne
7 Newcastle
8 New Zealand

9 Canberra
10 North Queensland
11 Gold Coast
12 Sydney Roosters
13 South Sydney
14 Parramatta
15 Penrith
16 Wests Tigers

I expect nothing but a whisker between 7th and 12th... lots of for and against competition in that part of the ladder.

Finals:
Brisbane 20 Bulldogs 24 @ Suncorp Stadium
Manly Warringah 22 Melbourne 4 @ Brookvale Oval
St George Illawarra 12 Newcastle 16 @ OKI Jubilee Stadium
Cronulla Sutherland 32 New Zealand 26 @ Toyota Stadium
NZ & Melbourne eliminated
Cronulla & Manly to week three

Newcastle 12 Brisbane 42 @ EnergyAustralia Stadium
Bulldogs 18 St George Illawarra 28 @ ANZ Stadium

Manly Warringah 14 St George Illawarra 26 @ Sydney Football Stadium
Cronulla Sutherland 16 Brisbane 15 @ Sydney Football Stadium

St George Illawarra 10 Cronulla 4 @ ANZ Stadium

adamkungl

Immortal
well Kearney, Pomeroy are who I see as the main strike weapons in the sharks backline. They are both quick, get on the outside of their opponent and can score tries.

They are better off then the Rooster (who other than Mini who is constantly injured, all the backs are slow). The sharks backline reminds me alot of the Manly backline. A few good players but generally under-rated, the addition of a very good 5-8 will only provide better service to these guys.

SKD is quick, Mitch Pearce is the fastest in the side over 40m I think, and Mitch Aubusson is quicker than you would expect, made some top breaks down the sideline this year. Amos Roberts isn't exactly slow either...

mongoose

Coach
1. Manly
2. Cowboys
3. Sharks
4. Storm
5. Raiders
6. Knights
7. Broncos
8. Roosters
9. Titans
10. Panthers
11. Dragons
12. Warriors
13. Eels
14. Rabbitohs
15. Bulldogs
16. Tigers

Bicey_18

Bench
We showed this year that we can beat good sides without Buderus... So im not really all that concerned with his absence..of course he will be a massive loss but not as big as most think, esp with De Gois coming in. Who else have we really lost? Bailey? White? Royal? Hardly "talented" players... Will have a good season, though this time making the 8.

Fibroman

First Grade
They'll be around 5th-6th for mine

*awaits someone else dragging up my post outlining where Melb are probably top four*

On that note I'm gonna have another go:

1 Cronulla Sutherland
2 St George Illawarra
3 Manly Warringah
4 Brisbane
5 Bulldogs
6 Melbourne
7 Newcastle
8 New Zealand

9 Canberra
10 North Queensland
11 Gold Coast
12 Sydney Roosters
13 South Sydney
14 Parramatta
15 Penrith
16 Wests Tigers

I expect nothing but a whisker between 7th and 12th... lots of for and against competition in that part of the ladder.

Finals:
Brisbane 20 Bulldogs 24 @ Suncorp Stadium
Manly Warringah 22 Melbourne 4 @ Brookvale Oval
St George Illawarra 12 Newcastle 16 @ OKI Jubilee Stadium
Cronulla Sutherland 32 New Zealand 26 @ Toyota Stadium
NZ & Melbourne eliminated
Cronulla & Manly to week three

Newcastle 12 Brisbane 42 @ EnergyAustralia Stadium
Bulldogs 18 St George Illawarra 28 @ ANZ Stadium

Manly Warringah 14 St George Illawarra 26 @ Sydney Football Stadium
Cronulla Sutherland 16 Brisbane 15 @ Sydney Football Stadium

St George Illawarra 10 Cronulla 4 @ ANZ Stadium

Im a Panthers supporter and I think this prediction is on the money, although I expect Cowboys and Souths to finish in the bottom 4 behind Parramatta.

Matrix

Juniors
1.Manly.
2.Warriors
3.Cronulla
4.Brisbane
5.Canberra
6.Melbourne
7.St George Illawarra
8.Roosters
9.Newcastle
10.Cowboys
11.Souths
12.Bulldogs
13.Gold Coast
14.Wests Tigers
15.Penrith
16.Parramatta.

nz eagle

Juniors
well its a bit of a lottery at this stage but here goes.

1. Manly
2. Cronulla
3. Brisbane
4. Melbourne
5. Warriors
6. St George
7. Bulldogs
8. Cowboys
9. Canberra
10. Newcastle
11. Roosters
12. Gold Coast
13. Penrith
14. Souths
15. Wests
16. Parramatta

I think the new coach will get St George and Cowboys into the 8, and Parra must be favourites for the spoon after looking at the player gains and losses. Also the Bulldogs to come back with there new direction from a classy halfback - something they have been missing for many years.

cb4

First Grade
well its a bit of a lottery at this stage but here goes.

1. Manly
2. Cronulla
3. Brisbane
4. Melbourne
5. Warriors
6. St George
7. Bulldogs
8. Cowboys
9. Canberra
10. Newcastle
11. Roosters
12. Gold Coast
13. Penrith
14. Souths
15. Wests
16. Parramatta

I think the new coach will get St George and Cowboys into the 8, and Parra must be favourites for the spoon after looking at the player gains and losses. Also the Bulldogs to come back with there new direction from a classy halfback - something they have been missing for many years.

stains were in the 8 this year

one of Penrith, Canberra or The Wests Tigers will get the spoon next season.

Limited Strikepower and limited depth, especially Canberra who did extremely well this season however their ratio of gains and losses is 10 to 3 negative, I don't think they will be able to hold their own especially if Injuries occur.