What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Ladder... have a go

macavity

Referee
You're a pelican, in the ten years of the merger this is the first year we have gone forwards, and you label us as going backwards?

I think your the backwards one here

out = Gasnier, Ryles

in = ?

you guys over achieved last year.

pelican... :lol:

macavity

Referee
the same Wayne Bennett bagged by his CEO as not instilling discipline?

next year will be the first year he hasn't had a SOO team at his disposal. will be an interesting year.

adamkungl

Immortal
1 Manly -No reason why they won't continue to dominate
2 Easts -Experience for both the young players and coach will bring consistency
3 Melbourne -Still strong, but game plan has been found out, loss of Folau will hurt
4 Brisbane -Injuries limited them this year, will improve slightly
5 Cronulla -Will stay strong, though Barret's influence will be the deciding factor imo
6 New Zealand -Strong, but I doubt they will start 09 with the necessary consistency
7 Canberra -Will defy the "experts" again but lack the star power to go higher.
8 Penrith -Horror injury run this year. Some brilliant young players.
9 St George Illawarra -This year beat top sides but lost to garbage. More of the same.
10 Gold Coast -Still lack the depth to survive a bad injury run.
11 Newcastle -Improving young stars but no more Buderus.
12 Canterbury -Bought well, will improve, but not enough to make the finals.
13 Souths - Some classy playmakers but not much else. Maybe a dark horse.
14 Wests -Stagnant since 05. Will really show this year.
15 North Queensland -2 star players, poor elsewhere.
16 Parramatta -Hindmarsh can only carry them so far. Players not performing at all.

typicalfan

Coach
your top squad isnt in the same league as the sides Bennett has had at his disposal over the years. I think it will take 2 or 3 seasons before we know if Wayne Bennett will succeed at the Dragons.

Still a great coach if he does or not though

typicalfan

Coach
i think Manly will have more weight of expectation and may lose more players during the rep season next year. Manly had it very easy this year and it seemed to keep them fresh at the end.

Gaba

First Grade
Do explain...

The roosters need a better halfback what is capable of more then relying on the kick .

This year the roosters in round 1 and 2 showed the other teams their main plan and the coach had no other plan other then the bomb if plan A fails, and then gives up when the bomb plans fails.

Roosters need a better coach , fitler is one of the worst coaches in the nrl , roosters continue with him they will always be pretenders and will never be contenders.

Fitler had no answer to any team, what easily handled his predictable plans

Most other coaches comes up with plans to counter his main plans being taken out the roosters dont, and anasta is the only player what the roosters have looks dangerous in attack

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
Some geniused supporters in here.

Why does it bother you so much? Some people have put Knights for the spoon and I'm not taking it personally. :lol:

You damn pelicans..

adamkungl

Immortal
The roosters need a better halfback what is capable of more then relying on the kick .

This year the roosters in round 1 and 2 showed the other teams their main plan and the coach had no other plan other then the bomb if plan A fails, and then gives up when the bomb plans fails.

Roosters need a better coach , fitler is one of the worst coaches in the nrl , roosters continue with him they will always be pretenders and will never be contenders.

Fitler had no answer to any team, what easily handled his predictable plans

Most other coaches comes up with plans to counter his main plans being taken out the roosters dont, and anasta is the only player what the roosters have looks dangerous in attack

Funny, as far as I remember Fittler 'had an answer' for every team except Cronulla and Brisbane.

Penance

Juniors
1. Manly
2. Brisbane
3. Melbourne
4. Cronulla
5. Newcastle
6. Easts
7. New Zealand
8. Souths
9. Gold Coast
10. St George Ill
11. Canberra
12. Wests
13. Penrith
14. Canterbury
15. North Queensland
16. Parramatta

typicalfan

Coach
Melbourne Storm- Will get through to first again, should find it tough in the finals again though
North Queensland- They get their men back and a few good signings, expect them to get on a late season roll
Manly Sea Eagles- Start out hot, but slowly come back to the field as the season progresses
Canterbury Bulldogs- Could we return to tough grinding football? the Bulldogs will have a redemption year
Sydney Roosters- Good team, can see them struggle to put 80 minutes together again
Parramatta Eels- History suggests Parramatta are one of the most unpredictable sides in the NRL, can see them return to their 2007 form
Gold Coast Titans- Their maiden finals birth but will have only just made it
Newcastle Knights- Will go well life after Bedsy aided by Gidley and Mullen playing well
St George Illawarra- largely inconsistent, Bennett will toss away the rubbish and should have himself a red hot side by 2010
Brisbane Broncos- Front row is light and key players are injury prone
Canberra Raiders- in the hunt all the way but to miss out due to away form and general inconsistency you get with young talent
NZ Warriors- Also will suffer from inconsistency and away form. The underacheivers of 2009
Cronulla Sharks- start in the top four but will slump badly, but i expect the top 8 race to be very tight in 2009 so although finishing 12th, they will be a win or two away at most.
South Sydney- Giant killers, they will get some considerable scalps, but their form wont hold up on a weekly basis
Wests Tigers- Expecting a poor season, the lack of a halfback may mean Farah plays out of position again
Penrith Panthers- The NRLs greatest soap opera, will kill off a leading cast member mid season, the only good point is they will blood talent which will be better for the run in 2010.

Last edited:

typicalfan

Coach
this is very very hard btw, so many teams in mine missed out that i thought i would include, but 12/13 doesnt go into 8. teams that finish 9-13 will still be very good and will only miss out on for and against or a handful of wins

effnic

Bench
Who was the dragons fan that had in his sig from the start of 2008 it will be a Manly v storm gf again with manly reversing the final score by about 30. He was damn close. Even though he put a big WRONG next to it half way threw the year lol.