What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Ladder... have a go

oxenham

Juniors
1. Melbourne
2. Manly
3. Warriors
4. Brisbane
5. Canberra
6. Cronulla
7. Newcastle
8. Gold Coast

9. Sydney Roosters
10. Wests Tigers
11. Bulldogs
12. North Qld
13. St George Illawarra
14. Souths
15. Penrith
16. Parramatta

Rovelli

Bench
Last definitive NRL-related post for 2008:

1. Manly - first minor-premiership for a while
2. Storm - still got enough in the bank to get top-2
3. Sharks - don't scare me, teams will find ways to beat them,...but good regular-season team
4. Warriors - should be more consistent with a seasoned-looking team
5. Cowboys - renaissance if all are healthy
6. Dragons - Bennett factor...lose some good players, add some decent ones.
7. Broncos - you can only go so far with a weakening forward pack
8. Roosters - were average at the end of the year, expect a tougher draw in 2009
9. Raiders - amazing at home, not much chop away, inconsistent too
10. Knights - too much talent lost, EAS can only be so much of an advantage
11. Titans - can't win on the road, with or without Prince
12. Rabbitohs - Wing's just a bad signing, will probably beat the Warriors though
13. Tigers - not much chop
14. Eels - lacking in the halves
15. Panthers - no halves, bad coach
16. Bulldogs - good adds, but still not enough

_Johnsy

Referee
1 - 4 No order
Warriors, Manly, Brisbane, Cronulla
5 - 8 No order
Melbourne, StGeorge, Canberra, Roosters
6- 16 No order
Newcastle, Gold Coast, Tigers, Bulldogs, North Qld, Souths, Penrith, Parramatta

Charlie124

First Grade
Ok why not.

1. Manly Sea Eagles - good mix of players, great coach, do they have what it takes for back to back trophies though?
2. North Queensland Cowboys - Im biased as hell but i dont think the signings of Niel Henry and Billy Johnstone can be overlooked, then theres Kaufusi, Tonga, Rapira, Malone etc.
3. St. George Illawarra Dragons - Plenty of good signings for next year, priddis being a big one for mine, the change of scenery will do him wonders
4. Cronulla Sharks - Contrary to what others think about him, i believe Barrett will be a god send for these guys, him and Toupu are great signings
5. Canterbury Bulldogs - Some good recruits and a new attitude will see the Dogs improve a lot (cant get worse) from last year. Only thing that could sink them is an unproven coach.
6. Melbourne Storm - Slip sliding away but should still be a force for next season, i think most teams have started to work them out, until they "bend" another rule of the game.
7. Brisbane Broncos - Losing Bennett wont hurt them as much as losing half their team to pay the new winger/centres salary, hope he's worth it.
8. Gold Coast Titans - Injuries will be the big concern for the Titans again, with none to key players they could be top 4, with one or two big ones, bottom 4.

9. Canberra Raiders - Id have put them higher if it wasn't for Henry (and Murphy??) leaving, new coach might take a season to get them firing properly. One season rebuilding phase then guns blazing in '10
10. Penrith Panthers - Matt Elliot to get dumped before round 10, panthers put together a good back end of the season, too little too late.
11. New Zealand Warriors - They might have made it to the prelims this year but had to win something like 10 from their last 12 just to finish 8th, less motivation/inspiration with Ruben gone now too.
12. Newcastle Knights - Don't rate much at all about the Knights, very "ho hum" looking team with no real flair, Buderus leaving hurts too.
13. Wests Tigers - Until Tim Sheens either leaves the club or lays off the acid tabs before selecting his team, im afraid things wont improve, which is a shame because the Tigers can be awesome to watch when on song.
14. Sydney Roosters - I can see the Roosters slipping big time next year, too many individuals, not enough team players.
15. Parramatta Eels - I really hope im wrong with this one, I like watching Parra play but this years effort was some of the worst football ive ever seen (and i watched every Cowboys game). Something really needs to change.
16. South Sydney Rabbitohs - Same old Souffs.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
The Knights will finish between 6th and 10th, the Bulldogs will finish btwn 3rd and 7th and the Cowboys will make the eight. As for the rest, who cares? :cool:

Charlie124

First Grade
Nice mate :crazy:

It's only an opinion. They were riding a huge high during the latter part of this season which got them to 8th, i dont think its too big a stretch to think theyll slip a few spots, especially when a few teams below them (this year) will improve a lot next year.

scottttt

Juniors
warriors shifted a few useless players and had some good signings, no way in hell they will finish 11th, especially with the young talent coming through

dikefalos

Juniors
1.manly
2.broncos
3.cowboys
4.storm
5.roosters
6.cronulla
7.newcastle
8.souths
9.warriors
10.titans
11.st.george
12.raiders
13.parramatta
14.panthers
15.bulldogs
16.west tigers

paulquinn49

Bench
1. Manly Sea Eagles
2. New Zealand Warriors
3. Cronulla Sharks
4. Gold Coast Titans

5. Sydney Roosters
6. Melbourne Storm
7. Canberra Raiders
8. St George Illawarra

9. North Queensland Cowboys
10. Brisbane Broncos
11. Parramatta Eels
12. Newcastle Knights
13. Wests Tigers
14. South Sydney Rabbitohs
15. Canterbury Bulldogs
16. Penrith Panthers

caylo

Bench
1) Sharks (Barrett will only make them stronger)
2) Brisbane (what a backline)
3) Eels (they grow some ball and brains)
4) Manly (will be up there again)
5) Melbourne (will start to slip a little)
6) Warriors (show some real class)
7) Gold Coast (only dipped due to injuries IMO)
8) Nth Qld (Thurston and Bowen to scrap the through)

9) Canberra (they will just miss out 7-10 will be a close race)
10) Rabbits (show some proper form, but be pimped at the en)
11) St George (Even with Bennet they will struggle for consistancy)
12) Roosters (fall from grace for freddy,teams have figured them out IMO)
13) Dogs (will be better than last year IMO but still not good enough)
14) Knights (The loss of Buds wil mean they will struggle)
15) Tigers (benji needs to be let go IMO)
16) Penrith (With the head coach still there, no chance)

Gaba

First Grade
1) Sharks (Barrett will only make them stronger)

LOL , Honesty where are the trys going to come from other then barrett, other sides will be making him, apart from him 1 or 2 other there is no other attacking option the sharks have, thats why the sharks will struggle their attack is going to be weaker . Barrett will be a hindrance for the sharks because he will be the main sharks attacker once he is shut down cant see the sharks scoring more then 8-10 points a game.

Sharks will be favourites to be the lowest scoring team again next year ,and the sharks defense was only the 4th best this year, and was shown up against the teams who could score points

Last edited:

God-King Dean

Immortal
1. Manly
2. Storm
3. Sharks
4. Dragons
---------
5. Titans
6. Roosters
7. Broncos
8. Warriors

9. Cowboys
10. Dogs
11. Knights
12. Raiders
13. Parra
14. Rabbitohs
15. Penrith
16. Tigers

F*ck it... I'll even have a go at the finals !

Manly v Warriors
Storm v Broncos
Sharks v Roosters
Dragons v Titans

Manly & Storm get the week off. Warriors & Brisbane gone.

Sharks v Titans
Dragons v Roosters

Preliminary finals.

Storm v Sharks
Manly v Dragons.

Manly v Storm Grand Final with Manly winning back-to-back premierships.

Mark my words !

Latest posts