What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Memberships

Have you taken out 2009 team membership

• Yes

Votes: 68 85.0%
  • No - but I will be

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • No - and I have no intention to

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yakstorm

First Grade
Isnt it extremely sad that souths have nearly 3 times the amount of members besides the fact that manly won and souths came 14th? Shows the difference in loyalty doesn't it?

Ahh we can't really put it down to that, well not yet. South's started their push for memberships 3 seasons ago after Russell & Peter took over and have been extremely proactive and vocal about the need for members.

This has started the gradual growth in membership the Rabbitohs are now enjoying, and go on them for that.

If you compare it to the other clubs involved, well the Bulldogs first ever push for memberships was last season and their call for 10,000 members by 2010. Not a bad concept, and I'm sure one they would have grown on had they not had the season they endured. On-field and off-field problems forced the club to have a rethink on its membership strategy, and honestly I think they have gone a long way to getting it right. Cheaper prices, more flexible packages, if they stick with this for a few seasons, they will grow some significant membership numbers.

Raiders membership push came for the first time ever just before the final series last year. Not a huge push for them, going from around 3,000 to 5,000 but at least they are trying to create some momentum now. Hopefully they push for 7,000 in 2010 and keep gradually increasing it at realistic levels.

Manly I think their biggest issue is their ground. Most of the memberships they have available to sell are on their hill. Not the easiest to sell. Whilst everyone says they love to sit on he hill on a sunny Sunday afternoon, no one wants to pay a season membership for a patch of dirt.

Before we claim who has the most loyal members, lets give all clubs a few years at this membership concept....otherwise we will have to say the Dragons have the most loyal fans, as their numbers are bigger than Souths....

adamkungl

Immortal
Ahh we can't really put it down to that, well not yet. South's started their push for memberships 3 seasons ago after Russell & Peter took over and have been extremely proactive and vocal about the need for members.

This has started the gradual growth in membership the Rabbitohs are now enjoying, and go on them for that.

If you compare it to the other clubs involved, well the Bulldogs first ever push for memberships was last season and their call for 10,000 members by 2010. Not a bad concept, and I'm sure one they would have grown on had they not had the season they endured. On-field and off-field problems forced the club to have a rethink on its membership strategy, and honestly I think they have gone a long way to getting it right. Cheaper prices, more flexible packages, if they stick with this for a few seasons, they will grow some significant membership numbers.

Raiders membership push came for the first time ever just before the final series last year. Not a huge push for them, going from around 3,000 to 5,000 but at least they are trying to create some momentum now. Hopefully they push for 7,000 in 2010 and keep gradually increasing it at realistic levels.

Manly I think their biggest issue is their ground. Most of the memberships they have available to sell are on their hill. Not the easiest to sell. Whilst everyone says they love to sit on he hill on a sunny Sunday afternoon, no one wants to pay a season membership for a patch of dirt.

Before we claim who has the most loyal members, lets give all clubs a few years at this membership concept....otherwise we will have to say the Dragons have the most loyal fans, as their numbers are bigger than Souths....

Add to that Roosters, first big push was last year, went from less than 3000 to over 6000.

Nemesis

Bench

Says who? Last year Souths had 6,651 Ticketed Members and 12,540 total Members. We were number one in Sydney and have already surpassed that total so far this year.

What are the Dragons official membership numbers and where are they published?

adamkungl

Immortal
I was always under the impression Red V had the highest membership in Sydney...
I've only ever heard otherwise from Souths fans. Hardly a trustworthy source :p

Nemesis

Bench
I was always under the impression Red V had the highest membership in Sydney...
I've only ever heard otherwise from Souths fans. Hardly a trustworthy source :p
Once again, says who? Where did you get your "impression" from?

Souths publish their membership figures on their website... Dragons haven't, so any "impression" you have is probably wrong.

NRLMad

Juniors

YakStorm: How many members do the dragons have - hard to find on the web anywhere

MsStorm

Bench
Good idea not to argue who is doing better, just praise your club with their new figures and encourage more to join.

Having said that, a bit of rivalry between clubs, might not be such a bad idea, done in the right way.:D

ouwet

Bench
Says who? Last year Souths had 6,651 Ticketed Members and 12,540 total Members. We were number one in Sydney and have already surpassed that total so far this year.

What are the Dragons official membership numbers and where are they published?

Who cares, this isn't really a competition of who's got more fans! Let's just all be happy that clubs are starting to push memberships and it's growing slowly...

Latest posts