What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 NSW 16s and 18s Teams

junior fan

Juniors
Girvie, out of the team you picked how many are playing under 20's and how do you rate them? I noticed a nsw selector at the illawarra v penrith game yesterday. Nobody really impressed me from that game. Do the selectors look at the under 20 players?

Yes players playing 20s can be selected for NSW 18s. Id assume most if not all will probably come from the 20s

junior fan

Juniors
16s
1. Jacob Gagan (Parra)
2. David Nofalouma (Wests)
3. Vai Toutai (Parra) / Samsoni Langi (Dogs)
4. Pat Mata'uta-Leifi (Newcastle)
5. James Roberts (Souths)
6. Corey Mc Grady (G Coast) / Blake Jones (Illawarra)
7. Sean McGuiness (Parra)
8. Tai Tuivasa (Penrith)
9. Luke Vescio (Manly)
10. Jake Townsend (Wests)
11. Reece Davidson (Cronulla)
12. James Ralphs (Illawarra)
13. Reece Reegan (Penrtih)
14. Jakiel Fuimaono (W Academy)
15. Jeremy Maa (Newcastle)
16. David Minute (Dogs)

footyboy7

Juniors
After paying attention to A FEW Harold Matthews games this season.
A few things we can be sure of-
- Gagan will be if not starting fullback for NSW, then centre, no wing or bench.
- James Roberts will be on the wing, i dont think he has it over Gagan.
- Tai Tuivasa starting Front Rower... FULL STOP
- Vescio of Manly im pretty sure will be there.
- I also think Jakiel Fuimaono of WSAS will be there at 15.
- And of course Pat Mata'uta of Newcastle will be there to even though he was caught out a few times against WSAS on the w/e.

:):)

footyboy7

Juniors
Also a few on SG Ball and U20s i guess for NSW 18s.
- Albert Kelly 5/8th Parramatta U20s Starting for sure.
- Harry Seijka HB Penrith SG Ball in the team.
- William Hopoate C/FB Manly SG Ball, in the FB, W, C pos.
- Samson Sene FR Penrith SG Ball, personally i think starting.
- Matthew Wright of Cronulla Sharks SG Ball or U20s in the centres.
- Pat O Hanlan Parramtta SG Ball, soon U20s, second row.

:):) (bias to Westies Sorry lol ;) )

john26

Juniors
I was at the cronulla vs souths under 20 trial and the centre for souths number 4, I think it was a kid called dylan farrell played all over cronulla centre. Also saw Harry Seijka play recently and he did nothing. I suppose everybody's opinion is different so the final team is anyone's guess.

junior fan

Juniors
I was at the cronulla vs souths under 20 trial and the centre for souths number 4, I think it was a kid called dylan farrell played all over cronulla centre. Also saw Harry Seijka play recently and he did nothing. I suppose everybody's opinion is different so the final team is anyone's guess.

No doubt the opinions on Seijka are due to reputation. He has been pretty poor this year Matt Moylan has been better for Penrith than Harry.

junior fan

Juniors
1. William Hopoate (Manly)
2. Nathan Massey (Dogs)
3. Matthew Wright (Cronulla)
4. Junior Roqica (Tigers)
5. Ratu Tagive (Tigers)
6. Albert Kelly (Parramatta)
7. Joshua Murray (Parramatta)
8. Samson Sene (Penrith)
9. Ben Picker (Canberra)
10. Aaron Woods (Tigers)
11. Jarrod Thompson (St George)
12. Ethan Cook (Newcastle)
13. Boyd Cordner (Newtown)

League Legends

Juniors
18s team

1 Nathan Massey
2 William Hopoate
3 Matthew Wright
4 Junior Rogica/jacob miller
5 Ratu Tagive/Scott Dunn
6 Albert Kelly
7 Josh Murray/jacob miller/Harry Sjieka (he will get picked, although i dont rate him that much)
8 Aaron Woods
9 Cameron King
11 Jarrod Thompson
12 Krys Freeman
13 Boyd Cordner

14 Lachlan Burr

League Legends

Juniors
18s team

1 Nathan Massey
2 William Hopoate
3 Matthew Wright
4 Junior Rogica/jacob miller
5 Ratu Tagive/Scott Dunn
6 Albert Kelly
7 Josh Murray/jacob miller/Harry Sjieka (he will get picked, although i dont rate him that much)
8 Aaron Woods
9 Cameron King
11 Jarrod Thompson
12 Krys Freeman
13 Boyd Cordner

14 Lachlan Burr

Josh Murray is definitely the form half this year. He is the only half that plays at the line and through the line. Its rare find in half backs as you get hit and most wont do it.Boy they score tries off him and he controls everything that happens on the field and has great short kicking game. Dont forget Pat his right side partner they are tearing teams apart

fortae

Bench
Someone told me here O'Hanlon will be considered a Queenslander. That makes him ineligible for NSW. Is that right?

There's nothing that would even remotely make him a NSW player. SG Ball is not a senior competition. He's from Mackay and went to Mackay State High. If they played Arrive Alive Cup, which is a senior competition, that would be another tick. But all you have to do is look at last year's under 18s team to see he is a Queenslander ... as well as the more "questionable" selections, Ben Jones and Ryan Williamson.

junior fan

Juniors
After watching Newcastle and Parra go round today I was super impressed with Jakob Loko off the bench caused plenty of problems for Newcastle before he went off injured. First time I have seen him play. Patrick OHanlon was best on field but Loko was awesome as well.

junior fan

Juniors
1. William Hopoate (Manly)
2. Nathan Massey (Dogs)
3. Matthew Wright (Cronulla)
4. Junior Roqica (Tigers)
5. Ratu Tagive (Tigers)
6. Albert Kelly (Parramatta)
7. Joshua Murray (Parramatta)
8. Samson Sene (Penrith)
9. Ben Picker (Canberra)
10. Aaron Woods (Tigers)
11. Jarrod Thompson (St George)
12. Ethan Cook (Newcastle)
13. Boyd Cordner (Newtown)
14. Jacob Loko (Parramatta)

rambo1

Juniors
After watching Newcastle and Parra go round today I was super impressed with Jakob Loko off the bench caused plenty of problems for Newcastle before he went off injured. First time I have seen him play. Patrick OHanlon was best on field but Loko was awesome as well.

Great to hear that Jacob Loko went well. I'm also a big admirer of his game. He prefers to play centre but I think he goes better in the second row, closer to the action.

junior fan

Juniors
Heard that for NSW 16s there will be a possible v probables match to decide final team. Wont be one for 18s though

girvie

Staff member
I like the idea of probables vs. possibles.

It gives a few more players the chance to impress.

junior fan

Juniors
Hmmm...there wasn't one last year. Maybe not as cut and dry as last season?

I think it is a good idea. Simply because in a nine round comp when everyone doesnt play each other its very hard to ensure the cream of the crop are duly selected especially as for some this is there first taste of representative football. There were the Australian Schoolboys but they can sometimes be political in selection and the Australian 15s can only be picked on the position/s they play in the tournament. So if there are 2/3 great fullbacks eg Gagan, Roberts, Nofoaluma they can't pick one at FB one at Centre and one Wing like they could for origin. Obviously the 18s have had a few years and from the thoughts of most on the forum it is fairly easy to pick the top contenders out. Not necessarily so for the 16s though. Should be interesting none the less.

Latest posts