What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

storm_man

Juniors
F^ck those Storm jerseys for a joke. Its not so much that the jersey suck, it's the piece of green sh^t they've stuck on the front. I hope that ME Bank logo is just the artists impression and they stick with the blue logo. Don't have too much of a problem with the away jersey, in fact, I sort of like it (apart from the logo) but after 10 years, they've changed the traditional jersey. Why???

The Tank

Bench
Apart from the green on the sponsor logo, I think if they switched the purple and blue colours it'd look a lot better.

VictoryFC

Bench
in a small market like we have in rugby league where revenue streams dont seemed to get maximised i can understand changing a jersey every few years. if you have the same exact jersey there's no incentive for fans to buy one eveyr few years, subsequently you arent encessarily increasing the jersey/merchandise sales

i dont know why AFL teams allegedly have the same jersey's for decades and i dont undertsand how they can have 50,000 members either....but every code is different.

i dont follow the nba anymore but dont they seem to have new jersies every few years?

First off, AFL jerseys are not the same, and change, just not as frequently as say, soccer.

I personally think the best approach is to try and keep any changes to the HOME jersey as subtle as possible - if anything creative or daring is tried, leave it to the clash/away jersey.

Of course, it varies from code-to-code, and club-to-club how subtle the changes are to the home strip - sometimes it can be quite profound (see The Black V added to Manchester United strip this year, or the Canterbury template on almost all the Air NZ cup teams in rugby)..

The black V on the United shirt signifies 100 years of Old Trafford opening; they have a V design on their shirt back in 1909. However, almost no question it will go back to the full red. You can change drastically, and reap short term financial gain, but in the long run its best to keep returning to your main style - no brainer.

Really, its only the NFL which seems to never change its jerseys.

First off, AFL jerseys are not the same, and change, just not as frequently as say, soccer.

The black V on the United shirt signifies 100 years of Old Trafford opening; they have a V design on their shirt back in 1909. However, almost no question it will go back to the full red. You can change drastically, and reap short term financial gain, but in the long run its best to keep returning to your main style - no brainer.

Really, its only the NFL which seems to never change its jerseys.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/English_Football_League/season/2009-2010/premier-league.html

Actually the black vee on the United kit has no historical relevance, it's a ploy to make the shirt different from the previous years kit and make people by it. So next year they can release a new all red shirt. It's called the kit cycle.

Spitty

Juniors
In a lot of other sports NFL mainly there is a strong emphises on number and names on jerseys. Therefor they can maintain selling merchandise because fans will buy a new jersey when a new player comes along.

I'm not 100% sure but I think AFL players stick with numbers too, although don't have names printed. So although the Hawthorne jersey has been the same for 150 years, fans will buy a new one to get Lance Franklins number.

Maybe thats why some sports can go without changing jerseys as often as we do.

Storm4Ever

Juniors
I've stolen this from another forum but here are the Storm's jerseys for 2010 which were shown in the Sunday Mail.

storm2010jerseysresized.jpg

they have swapped the colors around compared to the current jerseys that i have in front of me, missing the sliver to most through bad design imo

Goddo

Bench
If the ME Bank thing was intergrated into the Jersey better, it would be okay I think.
Green on Purple just makes me want to vomit all over small kittens.

beave

Coach
Seriously, what the f#$k are the Storm or Kooga, thinking with the lime in the Members Equity logo?? Is it that hard to incorporate the f@$king thing into the jersey design to actually make it look attractive?? Wouldn't it be in their best interest to make people want to buy the jersey, which in turn gets your brand out there?????

Maybe I am missing something here...

Nuke

Staff member
Seriously, what the f#$k are the Storm or Kooga, thinking with the lime in the Members Equity logo?? Is it that hard to incorporate the f@$king thing into the jersey design to actually make it look attractive?? Wouldn't it be in their best interest to make people want to buy the jersey, which in turn gets your brand out there?????

Maybe I am missing something here...

My thoughts exactly. And here I was thinking I was the only one who thought this!

Latest posts