What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

SEAT 1A

Bench
I realise i'm an opposition supporter.. but wow, this:

Heritage_Jersey.jpg

is a pretty awesome looking jersey :)

Agree with Chook Norris. An excellent looking jersey.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Got the first Titans Jumper on the coast today, they were supposed to have boxes of them somehow they only delivered one, and it was decided it was mine Bahaha

IMG_0296.jpg

Tight as hell, maybe ive been drinking too much in the offseason

Quality Titans jerseys. Very nice.

Dont call them Balmain mate. It offends alot of people. They are
50/50 so you can call them either Wests, Tigers, or Wests Tigers. You like Ricky Stuart are an idiot if you call them Balmain.

The old school NSWRL excuse doesn't cut it either as Wests magpies joined the comp in um, when was it? oh 1908 I believe.

You aren't cool or trendy calling the Wests Tigers Balmain , you are highly offensive. (Balmain dont even have a team in the state cup as a stand alone side)
Cry me a river.

I'm not being cool, trendy, or whatever other wank you can come up with. These are the names I grew up with, and they are the names I will stick with. My reason for going with Balmain rather than Western Suburbs has to do with two things: your strip tends to have gold in it no matter what, and your monkier is the Tigers. If your club was using the Magpie monkier then I would probably call you Wests.

We get the same thing with the Dragons be it St George, STGI, or people demanding a Steeler influence on the club + playing strip etc. Hell, most interviews with club captains + coaches, and large parts of the media refer to us as St George and not STGI, and very little of the fan base gets their panties in a knot like you seem to. Grow up and move on.

gallagher

Juniors
Cry me a river.

I'm not being cool, trendy, or whatever other wank you can come up with. These are the names I grew up with, and they are the names I will stick with. My reason for going with Balmain rather than Western Suburbs has to do with two things: your strip tends to have gold in it no matter what, and your monkier is the Tigers. If your club was using the Magpie monkier then I would probably call you Wests.

We get the same thing with the Dragons be it St George, STGI, or people demanding a Steeler influence on the club + playing strip etc. Hell, most interviews with club captains + coaches, and large parts of the media refer to us as St George and not STGI, and very little of the fan base gets
their panties in a knot like you seem to. Grow up and move on.

I think the difference is that St George is an abbreviation in sorts of St George Illawarra. Balmain is not in the Wests Tigers name at all.

gallagher

Juniors
I understand where you are coming from there. But for me, whenever someone says the Tigers are
playing my mind goes straight to Balmain, not to Wests.

Its been more than 10 years, it cant be that hard.

But you can see the difference, and why a wests tigers fan would get the sh*ts you calling their team Balmain. A bit like a novice calling the Kangaroo's the Wallabies. Duh...... 'a rugby team from Australia must be the wallabies'.

bobmar28

Bench
Cry me a river.

We get the same thing with the Dragons be it St George, STGI, or people demanding a Steeler influence on the club + playing strip etc. Hell, most interviews with club captains + coaches, and large parts of the media refer to us as St George and not STGI, and very little of the fan base gets their panties in a knot like you seem to. Grow up and move on.

Here's a radical idea, just call them the Tigers like most people do.

Last edited:

Paulie Jay

Juniors
Its been more than 10 years, it cant be that hard.

But you can see the difference, and why a wests tigers fan would get the sh*ts you calling their team Balmain. A bit like a novice calling the Kangaroo's the Wallabies. Duh...... 'a rugby team from Australia must be the wallabies'.

Well, who ever says Canterbury-Bankstown, Manly-Warringah or Cronulla-Sutherland these days...? :sarcasm:

Dragon Dave

Bench
Get over it, we all know who they were referring to.

Back on topic. Apparently the St George Illawarra Dragons Saints Steelers alternate jersey is now available to purchase - but most fans have no idea what it looks like! (apart from us LU folk.) Get your act together Saints Dragons Steelers!

Charlie124

First Grade
Both of those jerseys look f**king horrible!

Who'd have thought a little red collar could completely wreck a once proud jersey.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
How the f**k is the home one terrible? Red V, red collar... looks fine to me.

The away jersey... well...

meltiger

First Grade
All of those Tigers jerseys are quality, someone is doing something right down in tiger-town. Not long ago they were known for having arguably the worst looking jerseys in the comp, these ones are great.

Agree. Don't know why people hate the main jerseys so much, I like them alot.

The heritage, both sets are quality. Will definitly be picking up a new bumble bee this year now.