What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

Pierced Soul

First Grade
:?Pretty sure the current recent jersey was only implemented in '07. Why did you want it changed?

but the 'recent' one's changes involved remvoing a blue line and taking away the yellow side panels (or adding). i just think the jersey has been lazy making it almost just the one colour and slightly changing the collar colour. it's almost like a cycling jersey being all one colour

my fave broncos jersey of all time is the 92-93 one (which I recently bought as a heritage jersey :) ). i like the return to suncorp one they did in 06 and the other heritage one they released last eyar (? or was it the eyar before). these actually have some thought behind them and look good.

this new one (it may grow on me but i'm doubtful) looks like they went to a 10 year old and said "add some colours" and he just got the yellow out and did a border around the front part...

Pierced Soul

First Grade
'06, '03, my sense of time deteriorates as i get older..... all i know is i've got the return to suncorp jersey and the similar jersey they did recently '08,'09 FIIK when it came out

alexc

http://img69.yfrog.com/img69/4021/87994986.jpg (image is too wide to post in the thread)

I like your changes, they are subtle but improve it a lot.
YES! I don't understand why a lot of clubs continue to fail to integrate sponsors onto the jersey properly. Makes them look like they are an under 7's team getting sponsored by Big Jimbo's Lawn Services or something.

Only reason I can think of is cost, especially if the sponsor gets dropped after 12 months. They can just rip off the sponsor print?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
YES! I don't understand why a lot of clubs continue to fail to integrate sponsors onto the jersey properly. Makes them look like they are an under 7's team getting sponsored by Big Jimbo's Lawn Services or something.

Only reason I can think of is cost, especially if the sponsor gets dropped after 12 months. They can just rip off the sponsor print?

quite simply block sponsorship stands out more which is what the sponsor wants. people who are only casual followers of elague will know WOW from the fact their gay and fugly logo is plastered all over the broncos jersey. likewise afetr this season people will be aware of ME bank cos of their bright green logo on the storms jersey.

they dont rip off prints as the prints are integrated into the jersey fabric - they're not badged or printed on separately they're just different colours on the same piece of amterial

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Exactly, these days it'd all be digital imaging sent to the jersey manufacturers I would think, they'd have plenty of options.

beave

Coach
JB has a far better selection of music I have found, well up here at least.

Last edited:

nqcowboy87

Bench
its interesting that wow sponsor teams, becasue they dont have a specific product but sell mutliple brands and are only as good as the brands they sell, which is why jb doesnt sponsor any sports team or woolies or coles

DeeJ

Bench
Hmm I had oftened wondered why you don't Woolworths, Coles, Myers etc sponsor teams when they can obviously afford it.

Thanks nqcowboy87!

beave

Coach
its interesting that wow sponsor teams, becasue they dont have a specific product but sell mutliple brands and are only as good as the brands they sell, which is why jb doesnt sponsor any sports team or woolies or coles

so why does Jaycar sponsor the dogs??? they sell multiple brands.......... maybe those other companies would rather spend their advertising dollars on TV and paper commercials more so than by sponsoring a team?????

alexc

Hah I actually went to the effort to email the broncos earlier today with the question about the ugly white patch. Pretty much confirmed the second reason I thought they'd do it even if it does compromise the look of the jersey. Though I didn't know the white patch was integrated..
(also quick reply ftw)
[FONT=&quot]The major sponsor is produced on a white square background for a very important reason – because it makes it jump out of the background much better than it would on a dark background.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The reason for this is sponsorships are valued on how much recognition is given them by media in photographs etc.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Brisbane Broncos are currently number one in this category in Australia – including the AFL – because we work hard on presenting our logos in a fashion that will make them ‘pop’ out of our jerseys. This in turn gains us maximum exposure and we can therefore charge much more for our sponsorship (in some cases double what other NRL teams do.)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It also has a lot to do with our solid colours on our jerseys that help the same effect.[/FONT]

Also one for the Collingwood fans in that email :)

Last edited:

Knightmare

Coach
That's a lame excuse. People know who sponsors ManUre, Chel$ki, AC Milan etc. and their major sponsors have no problems integrating into the jersey...

Charlie124

First Grade
I went into rebel sport today and saw the new cowboys alternate jersey and aboriginal jersey in the flesh, love the designs but i hate the sh*tty material jerseys are made out of these days.

A few years back I managed to get a proper home jersey made out of the same material as the ones the players have (slightly stretchy material, and much lighter. almost elastic) and i really wish the supporter jerseys were made out of this stuff, or at least made from the same material as the Dogs and Roosters jerseys.

DJF

Juniors
I went into rebel sport today and saw the new cowboys alternate jersey and aboriginal jersey in the flesh, love the designs but i hate the sh*tty material jerseys are made out of these days.

A few years back I managed to get a proper home jersey made out of the same material as the ones the players have (slightly stretchy material, and much lighter. almost elastic) and i really wish the supporter jerseys were made out of this stuff, or at least made from the same material as the Dogs and Roosters jerseys.

Yea i managed to get a NSW origin jersey made out of the same material in 2007, was around 180, pretty dear but oh well :D

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The Bulldogs released the "players cut" jersey late last year for the finals, Jaycar sponsor integration etc... the fabric is really light and comfortable and the side panels are a nice soft fabric too. Very nice jersey.

Latest posts