What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Yea i managed to get a NSW origin jersey made out of the same material in 2007, was around 180, pretty dear but oh well :D

thats prob why they dont do it. die hard fans might be willing to pay the extra $20-30 but most people probably wouldnt. of course this just stirs up the jersey cost debate again...

Pierced Soul

First Grade
That's a lame excuse. People know who sponsors ManUre, Chel$ki, AC Milan etc. and their major sponsors have no problems integrating into the jersey...

it's an interesting agrument and i agree with you (to an extent) I dont think US teams have sponsors on their jerseys and singlets either (i could be wrong) but i'm guessing the hardcore fans probably know who sponsors them. i dont think AFL teams have sponsors but i wouldnt have a clue who sponsors them....

i usually know who's the major sponsor of each nrl team but a lot of that comes form seeing the sponsor on the jersey, if it wasnt there i would oprobably know only certain teams

i think a lot of it comes down to marketing though and the NRL teams and their sponsors seem pretty behind the ball in terms of marketing. if you look on youtube for broncos nrma vids such as this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qkThwUgbbk it's a great way to not only raise the profile of the broncos but the nrma as well. you dont see that in sydney (yes i know theres more teams blah blah blah) but you'd think sponsors would look at doing stuff like this. remember when they had the barrett ads years ago where he saving people by kicking a football at people? pretty certain it was addidas

i know wests tigers are affiliated with ali baba kebabs cos i've seen pics of them around but if sponsors really wnated to utilise their links with clubs they'd think of ways to use players in advertising in print, tv or digital more.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
AFL's sponsors are limited to a patch near the logo on the breast:

prize-afl-jerseylarge.jpg

Dragon Dave

Bench
Interesting that most AFL clubs don't have a club emblem on their kit at all. Atleast the majority rarely change their kits and the sponsors come 2nd to the actual clubs image!

Pierced Soul

First Grade
AFL's sponsors are limited to a patch near the logo on the breast:

arrghhh my eyes!!!

would be interesting to see how much AFL sponsorship gets for that in comaprison to the NRL. for the difference, you'd expect the nrl sponsors to be paying 5 times as much but i doubt that happens.

innsaneink

Referee
Interesting that most AFL clubs don't have a club emblem on their kit at all. Atleast the majority rarely change their kits and the sponsors come 2nd to the actual clubs image!

Didnt even know that...shows how much interest I have in that game I guess.

Though the hawks did pretty well in their sponsorship it seems. Snagged an entire state.

0,,5646903,00.jpg

beave

Coach
have a look at the back of AFL jerseys, the sponsorship logos are fairly large on the back.

Dragon Dave

Bench
have a look at the back of AFL jerseys, the sponsorship logos are fairly large on the back.

As are logos on the back of NRL club jerseys.

At the end of the day - The AFL kits are not ruined by advertising, many NRL are. Yet another example of how the AFL does their business better than the NRL.

innsaneink

Referee
Youd think theyd only get a smaller % of income from sponsors compared to us by only having them on the back prominently, a luxury I guess that comes with a massive membership base

beave

Coach
As are logos on the back of NRL club jerseys.

At the end of the day - The AFL kits are not ruined by advertising, many NRL are. Yet another example of how the AFL does their business better than the NRL.

mate, I know we have logos on the back of ours, but the way people were carrying on about the AFL jerseys, you would have thought they were sponsor free FFS.

fitzy03

Juniors
I photoshoped the 2010 broncos jersey and made it into a 3d model, doesn't look that bad when its done 3D. Could someone please add it to the forum as i still dont have my post counts up. yfrog .com/5dbroncosnj (remember to delete the space before the .com)
Thanks

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I'd imagine that down the track the ARL Commission will have to look at the way sponsors are integrated onto the jerseys. They really need to set down some guidelines and limitations. The Brisbane, Manly and Melbourne jerseys just look like sh*t because of the sponsors.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I photoshoped the 2010 broncos jersey and made it into a 3d model, doesn't look that bad when its done 3D. Could someone please add it to the forum as i still dont have my post counts up. yfrog .com/5dbroncosnj (remember to delete the space before the .com)
Thanks

Just go to here: http://www.imageshack.us/

Upload your pic and when it gives you all the links just copy and paste the third one down (called Forum Code) into your post. Easy.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Nope, the problem is you cannot post images until you've made 20 posts, he only has 10.

fitzy03

Juniors
I've tried that and it wont let me cause of my post count. A message comes up saying

To be able to post links or images your post count must be 20 or greater. You currently have 10 posts.

Please remove links from your message, then you will be able to submit your post.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Nope, the problem is you cannot post images until you've made 20 posts, he only has 10.

I've tried that and it wont let me cause of my post count. A message comes up saying

To be able to post links or images your post count must be 20 or greater. You currently have 10 posts.

Please remove links from your message, then you will be able to submit your post.

Oh, my bad.

Latest posts