What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

hellteam

First Grade
That shirt the Eels wore last night is one of the best looking strips in rugby league.

I would also love to see that exact same jersey, just reversed so it would be predominately yellow. Now that would be a good set of home and away jerseys

nqcowboy87

Bench
man cronulla are scarping the bottom of the electrical applaince companies barrel with hisense. owend a few lg products over the years never had a problem, my mum just bought a hisense fridge and it broke down twice in a month, and she traded it in for a samsung

flippikat

Bench
Apologises if this has been posted before.

Warriors 15 year Anniversary jersey (to be worn against Titans)
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...r-anniversary-jersey-this-sunday/default.aspx

warriors_anniversary.jpg

I saw it in a local sports shop today.. I have mixed feelings about it.

A positive is that it's refreshing to see the Warriors wear something with a little colour - they're the Warriors, not the Kiwis, and not the Magpies!

If I was choosing their strip, I'd go for black, white & blue - combines the black & white of NZ with the traditional black & blue of Auckland.

All the same, it's a b@st@rdised version of the 1995 strip, the way the asymmetrical Canterbury sportswear collar is slapped over the top of it. Overall, I think the original 1995 design is better.

There's only one thing that Canterbury have added that I like, and that's a little bit of green piping that runs down the side - hard to see in the pic above, but up close it looks nice against the blue.

Still, I think they missed an opportunity here - it's easy to get an EXACT replica of the 1995 blue home shirt - so it kinda makes this kit redundant.

Why didn't they produce a version of the 1995 AWAY shirt (mostly white)? You can't buy one of those at the moment.

Paulie Jay

Juniors
The Parra jersey looked great last night.

I expected the Dragons' red collar to look worse than it did - I didn't really notice it much.

Knightmare

Coach
Apologises if this has been posted before.

Warriors 15 year Anniversary jersey (to be worn against Titans)
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...r-anniversary-jersey-this-sunday/default.aspx

warriors_anniversary.jpg

Good move from the Warriors. If the Titans want to be smartarses and wear their white away jerseys in the Sunday heat, the Auckland boys can wear this, ruining the Titans' plans and making a bow at tradition in the one move! It'd be funny if the Warriors beat them after all...

Jankuloski

Juniors
Brisbane looked like they reeeally tried to change something without changing anything really. Cowboys jerseys are generelly uninspiring to me anyway, but the Parramatta jersey is a beeeauuuty!

beave

Coach
whats stopping the Warriors rocking up without jerseys and just getting the sponsors and numbers airbrushed on themselves?? Would be f#$king funny seeing that as a retort to the titans being clowns. I was dirty at the cows when we did that to them in that semi up here in 2007, was petty sh*t really.

Last edited by a moderator:

hellteam

First Grade
I'm having doubts about Melbourne's ability to win this year's premiership because their jersey is so bad.... but then I remembered the Tigers won in 2005. Can't beleive they have to wear that piece of crap for 3 years, wow their old one wasn't too bad and their new one is disgraceful.

Also noticed that in the picture below, the Titans were supposed to wear the away jersey with blue pants, but in the first two games this year they've worn white pants with the white jersey.

I remember someone in this thread posted a picture of them with the pants swapped over (white jersey/white pants, dark blue jersey/light blue pants) and it looked way better so hopefully that's what they're doing. Anyone got any information on that?

r467360_2323383.JPG

nqcowboy87

Bench
i would think that with the titans strip blue jersey with blue shorts for home and white jersey with white shorts for away would be a good contrast.

as for the tigers 2005 jersey sure it was pretty out there as far as jerseys go but i actually think it was one of the best, better than the melbourne jerseys this year and definitely better then the st george away jersey this year