What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

Saint Doc

Coach
From Red Vee email:

Dragons players will be wearing a special commemorative jersey on the day with a unique Lest We Forget emblem designed by the RSL. These player jerseys will be signed by the individual player and will be available for auction on
webicon_nolink.gif
www.dragons.com.au from Friday 23rd April.

These special commemorative jerseys will also be available to purchase from the Dragons Merchandise van on match day.

I initially thought it was just a red vee with a special logo, but if they're selling them it sounds like it might be a different jersey?

From Red Vee email:

Dragons players will be wearing a special commemorative jersey on the day with a unique Lest We Forget emblem designed by the RSL. These player jerseys will be signed by the individual player and will be available for auction on
webicon_nolink.gif
www.dragons.com.au from Friday 23rd April.

These special commemorative jerseys will also be available to purchase from the Dragons Merchandise van on match day.

I initially thought it was just a red vee with a special logo, but if they're selling them it sounds like it might be a different jersey?
Same jersey, different shield. I reckon it will be like the 100 years of RL logo in 08, but with the Army's rising sun logo.

LESStar58

Referee
Women in League round is Round 16 this year - games in Christchurch (Roosters v NZ) and Perth (Souths v Storm) will feature.

Four teams already have their jerseys announced and these jerseys will be available for purchase mid-June according to my info.

seaeagle.jpg

eel.jpg

panther.jpg

rooster.jpg

Roosters of course will have Steggles on it.

OK.... the Roosters and Dragons ones I understand... maybe even the Penrith and Manly ones but FMD that is the most hideous Parra jersey I've ever seen! It just looks WRONG with blue and pink!

LESStar58

Referee
Ah okay..... doesn't look very heritage to me. I guess it kind of looks like that jersey they wore in the World Club Challenge 2000....But it is way better then their current jersey

You think correct. I was actually hoping they would go with that concept. It makes sense given that 10 years ago we were winning the WCC so why not commemarate with this one.

It would look better if it was the design same as the Fila shirt though. They've just slapped the concept on the new Kooga jersey but it's still a mile better than the new home strip!

LESStar58

Referee
That's not going to be the Titans heritage strip, it's just a mock-up I believe.

The heritage jersey will be the same as the previous years.

I like the idea of the old Seagulls jerseys that they have but I hope they have them in the old red white and black rather than the existing colours...maybe have the Seagulls logo worked in somewhere, maybe on the sleeves like the Tigpies do with the Wests logo. It'd be a nice touch

Saint Doc

Coach
I know what you're getting at but they're different clubs. Yes, they're the same city, but different clubs. Say for example, if the Sharks relocated to Perth and became the Western Sharks. They wouldn't wear the 1995 Western Reds jersey as their heritage, they'd wear their Cronulla heritage. By the same token, the Seagulls and Titans are no relation, totally new enterprise that happens to play in the same city as another club once did.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Saints' ANZAC Day kit is the normal jersey with a giant ANZAC Crest at over the stomach, beneath the st george bank sponsorship and vee.

Roosters were wearing normal home jerseys in promotional material and their marketing manager who introduced the light blue concept is now at Cronulla (Richard Fisk)... so NFI if they will again or not?

nqcowboy87

Bench
There are a number of reasons behind why an alt jersey is designed the way it is - one of which is retail appeal.

Despite there being a bit of a protest about black not being a Raiders colour, black is popular for off-field supporters wear.

Apparently the new alt jersey has sold well and I've seen plenty around, including a fair few (including myself, no less) at the SFS on Saturday night.

Blue would clash with Parra, Cowboys, Bulldogs, etc.

yeh but they wouldn't have to wear their blue strip against them, back when the dragons mainly played in the red v as their home strip at wollongong the broncs used to just wear their home jersey, it doesn't matter if youre playing away you don't have to wear your away strip, Canberra's home strip doesn't clash with anybody' jersey except souths

hellteam

First Grade
the bulldogs have an avatar jersey this week, meh:roll:

Ahh it's all a ploy to force us to wear our white, we've lost every game in them this year and won every game in our maroon jersey. The Saints wore their red away jersey against us for the same reason!! It's a conspiracy...

Timmah

Staff member
We play in our predominantly blue away strip whenever we meet you at Suncorp, I'm not sure you've ever worn white against us.

Manly fLIP

Juniors
I liked the Avitar jersey tbh. The rippled V is very cool and kudos to the bulldogs marketing team for getting that gig.

If you make enough money from it to bump your major sponsor to the back for a week without any problems you're doing all right.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Looks like someone went in and put a filter on our away jersey through photoshop.

I like it :cool:

Latest posts